Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
18
27%
No
22
33%
Unsure
16
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
10
15%
 
Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:00 pm

elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.


Because he bottled the top 4 run in last season
Because we traveled to Baku to watch our most embarrassing and pathetic performance of the season in a European final
Because his style of football is awful and painful to watch since 14 months
Because he has alienated one of our best players (ok debatable whatever) and top earners without any clear direct reason
Because nothing seems to have improved defensively despite 4 defenders being signed (incl Leno) and 2 defensive minded midfielders.

But aye, all about the meaningless position after 8 games...sorry but f**k off.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33449
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.
Don't forget the cup performances...


I know, 3-0, 5-0 and 4-0 wins respectively in Europe and abroad.
User avatar
elkanofan
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 12796
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:03 pm

elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.


Forget all that.
Emery deserves to be sacked because he not only plays Xhaka, he made him captain. That is sackable for any manager.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.


Forget all that.
Emery deserves to be sacked because he not only plays Xhaka, he made him captain. That is sackable for any manager.



Ha true, how could I forget that one. Relentlessly playing a guy who costs us goals. If he's so undroppable we should've signed another CM in the summer to replace him rather than 72m on Pepe.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33449
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Palace v city in a couple of weeks.

Can see more dropped points.

We might be second if we do the business v Sheffield United

Good times are here once more.
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11922
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Aye, like the good times of finishing 2nd to Leicester...again because everyone else was shit.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33449
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Rockape » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Lol....at Ach! I don’t think anyone is happy with our performances, but we live in the hope that they will improve, especially when we get a half decent defense playing regularly. I don’t get the Xhaka thing though, that is a mystery to me!
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Rockape wrote:Lol....at Ach! I don’t think anyone is happy with our performances, but we live in the hope that they will improve, especially when we get a half decent defense playing regularly. I don’t get the Xhaka thing though, that is a mystery to me!

Nobody's perfect. I'm an optimist though. Our last few captains haven't stayed long. May it continue.

As for our performances, they aren't great but we are getting the results and that's the most important thing. Anyone saying otherwise is rightly mocked
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11922
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:34 pm

elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.


viewtopic.php?p=1747687#p1747687

Del Bosque (Real Madrid, 1999-2003):
Champions League (2), La Liga (2)
Gone a day after Real won La Liga.

Grant (Chelsea, 2007-08):
Fired after being runners-up in the CL and coming second in the PL, losing the title to United by 2 points.

Pellegrini (Real Madrid, 2009-10):
Fired after Real finished second in La Liga, even though Barca won by 3 points and Real amassed the second highest point total in La Liga history.

Ancelotti (Chelsea, 2009-11):
PL (1), FA Cup (1)
Fired after coming second in the PL.

Van Gaal (Bayern Munich, 2009-11):
Bundesliga (1), DFB-Pokal (1)
Fired midseason when Bayern was fourth in the Bundesliga.

Ancelotti (Real Madrid, 2013-15):
Champions League (1), Copa del Rey (1)
Fired after finishing second in La Liga to Barca, losing the title by 2 points, and being a semifinalist in the CL.

Conte (Chelsea, 2016-18):
Premier League (1), FA Cup (1)
Fired after finishing fifth in the PL.
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6959
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Every single one of them have different expectations to us this season. What's your point?
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11922
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Santi wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Some of our fanbase want the manager sacked because he's third after 8 games in the Premier League.


Because he bottled the top 4 run in last season
Because we traveled to Baku to watch our most embarrassing and pathetic performance of the season in a European final
Because his style of football is awful and painful to watch since 14 months
Because he has alienated one of our best players (ok debatable whatever) and top earners without any clear direct reason
Because nothing seems to have improved defensively despite 4 defenders being signed (incl Leno) and 2 defensive minded midfielders.

But aye, all about the meaningless position after 8 games...sorry but f**k off.


See whay you do is accept Mesut Ozil is a shitbag on our club who is overpaid and doesn't care and doesn't want to adapt his game to manage his physical limits as a player but cannot get over the fact the team has completely moved on without him and he's scared to think, just like what happened at Madrid, Ozil is scared that when he leaves the team will go onto great success without him. Because I see how Emery has had to deal with this with a very limited and restrictive budget. Look at January and the loan fiasco, look at the protests this summer against this terrible board. I see whats he's been given and he's done a great job. The team is just average and flawed bar 2 players plus a set of about 5 or so top level players but underneath that we are a average side. Neymar behaved in a similar childish way to Emery but there is a gigantic difference in quality between the two, One is truly world class. One is not, nowhere near and hasn't been since 2016. Btw, Neymar misbehaves with any manager!

Sorry but this is harsh but i think its got to this stage with Ozil! Baku was Ozil's time to shine, that was his chance to show the world he was still a world class player who could win games on his own but oh no, he blew it. There was no excuse for how pathetic his performance and energy levels where, none whatsoever. Willock did more in 10 minutes than what Ozil did all game. See with Wenger and especially since 2016 everytime we where embarrassed we never saw Ozil removed fro his lack of not just effort but plain and simple physically deficiencies to do things later on in a game going badly.

This is when i saw the horrible but clear truth Ozil is not just an average overrated player past his prime but he's so limited as a player physically. I looked at Kovacic and how comfortable he could move box to box to dictate the play and it really angered me Ozil hadn't adapted his game to play such a role. The guy can't dribble anymore whatsoever, he's slow, he has no strength or defensive awareness at all, he has poor stamina. He's a crap overrated player. All he can do is assist if he has space and it's not like he has a hammer pass like Xhaka to control games from range, he has to be in the final third. I'm sorry guys but he's a dreadful player.

It opened my eyes to why Ramsey left. He couldn't believe that they gave him that contract and he got not even half of what he was getting and left out of respect. Come this summer and when you understand Emery has wanted him gone all summer yet nobody, NOBODY in Europe wanted to touch him because absolutely nobody wanted to play Ozil those wages from what they have seen over the last 18 months you understand the consequences when you build a player up to being a God like figure, then comes the fall when he's finally past it and he needs to move on somewhere else. If Ozil was still at least a top class player at least he would of left by now. But the truth is Besiktas is still open for him but he's going to have to prove he can work and adapt or it's China then bust!

For his sake he needs to get real, man up, put in a transfer request to get this sorted. Look for a move to Turkey or the MLS and China will gladly double his wages just for the shirt sales he will recoup alone!

I see something good being built here and the only thing for me bar this awful board we have holding our club back is Mesut Ozil. Get rid of him, give Emery the money to buy a real attacking mid so we can move to the next level!
User avatar
elkanofan
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 12796
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Tony_Adams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Some awesome posting elkano :hail:
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35095
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Sims » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Some awesome posting elkano :hail:


so you also think we are clueless against every team we play against, have no identity on the pitch, little to no defensive shape just because we have mesut ozil on our books? he isnt even in our squads anymore, he has nothing to do with our performances

this timeline is crazy

didnt know ozil was thanos
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29532
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Been supporting since the 70's best we did from 73- 78 was 5th I think Starmanb will know for sure. Thing is after every rain there is sunshine, Emery is not here to win trophies he is here IMO to clear the deadwood and and get us into a possition to capitalize on following AW was never going to be easy our fan base is toxic, we have supporters who are only seeing their second manager,now some of the same supporters are holding onto any reminiscences of AW they can in Ozil,who I may add no other club seems to want.
We are third playing shit but I can tell you this from experience at least we are not mid table playing shit.
Every manager is temporary and every week is a performance test for players and managers alike,
The club wont ever make the same mistake of investing too much faith and giving the manager the whole club to do a job on again. Emery will be under pressure it's just a shame for us his default possition is defend not attack,IMO the last manager could not see the forest for the trees 10 years at least before he left this one is showing he is not much better, only bright note for me is he has a good crop of youngsters I hope he unleashes soon as George Graham did when he cleaned the deadwood out.
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:21 pm

Unconvinced but believe he deserves more time with a settled, full strength defence

Hopefully the likes of Nelson, Saka and Martinelli can improve and help form a coherent attack

If we fall away from the top four race I've no issue in the trigger being pulled mid-season, but it's not going to happen when we're 3rd and ahead of all of our direct rivals

Even if we finish 4th, and we do so unconvincingly, I would be open to a change in the summer

It's too early to be discussing a change
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34530
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests