Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
18
27%
No
22
33%
Unsure
16
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
10
15%
 
Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:41 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Well, here you go.. Emery on Xhaka.

In 90 minutes, I'm very proud of his work. Some mistakes we can have, I want to use them to progress, to learn and improve. There are a lot more positive things individually and collectively, and also with Xhaka for me


I get that a manager does not want to berate a player, but to say he is very proud of Xhaka's work? Must be a joke.


All for Proper & Gentlmanly appearances! Emery is a proper Gent..just like Wenger, but he's more CLINICAL!
Example
Remember Antonio Conte winning the League with Diego Costa....the 67 yr old faced Villan? Claw out Cap Kos's Eyes Costa?
Then showing him the DOOR with a TEXT!!!

SAVAGE.....Savage AF!!!....Don Conte! :clap:

&

Emery... Not saying a bad word after matches...supporting Musti & Ozil, defending them in ALL press Conferences,

BUT suddenly....Ozil was Subbed off..at 1hr, & them when ever he under-performed Subbed off Without Hesitation,

Emery's stated reasons as 'Tactical' :Peace: ....savage...

Then Benching Mustafi for most of the Pre-season & The whole of THIS Season.
Followed, along with Elneny, by a scathing Public Embalment of the two...
Stating with repetition & RIGOUR..." They Know their Situation " ...
..." I want them to be Protagonist!" ... :clap: .. .SAVAGEEEEE!!!.....

SAVAGE AF!!!.... but respectful! & well wishing...

True Gent...but a Don Still!!!

I look forward to the January Transfer window!!!

Don Raul!!! Do your Best ...& your Worst :sneaky2: [Remove the DEADWOOD with extreme prejudice!]
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:56 pm

themessiah wrote:Currently available managers:

-José Mourinho
-Massimiliano Allegri
-Laurent Blanc
-Stefano Pioli
-Chris Hughton
-Massimo Carrera
-Luciano Spalletti
-Claude Puel

Take your pick Emery outers

Arsene Wenger
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:58 pm

Emerys limitations cruelly exposed in the premier league. Emery Ultras literally don’t have a leg to stand on after this latest performance.
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby BS221B » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:02 am

What is Emery Ultras :rofll: you made me laugh again ffs.
Image
User avatar
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6052
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby gooney » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:06 am

I was happy with that team, but you cant plan for xhakas madness there. we were the better team and had 26 attempts on goal. A back 4 with AMN and Kolasinic is not easy for any manager. He needs his fullbacks back
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14734
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:10 am

Emery just about has my support for the time being, but I want to see a drastic improvement in performances, tactics, team selections and his in-game management by December. If it is more of the same, then I will be in the 'Emery Out' camp, regardless of whether we end the season in the top 4 or not. Because at this rate, if we do get top 4, it will be because Chelsea and United have been terrible, rather than us getting it based on merit.

Starting the game with 3 holding midfielders was ridiculous. What was even more ridiculous was giving them license to play so advanced up the field. Torreira, who has excelled playing deeper screening the defence, was out of position. Xhaka simply isn't mobile enough to fulfil that position effectively and, as we have all seen, is too error-prone. Guendouzi, to be fair to him, had his best game in an Arsenal shirt, despite my reservations about him starting. But the one thing they all struggled with (which is what I feared) was getting back to track runners.

Spurs looked like scoring every time they countered and part of that was because of how high our midfielders were up the field, leaving no protection for the defence. Playing a high, pressing game with slow midfielders is a recipe for disaster and it worries me that Emery took so long to see this.

Then the substitutions. Firstly, I don't know why he didn't utilise all 3 subs. Secondly, Ceballos should have come on much earlier, as it was clear we were missing guile and creativity. Thirdly, bringing Mkhitaryan on ahead of any of Willock, Nelson or Ozil was insane. Micky has been terrible for absolutely ages now. His confidence is shot. What was Emery thinking? Why did he think he deserved minutes ahead of any of the aforementioned names? Better yet, why not bring any of them on for the 3rd and final substitution? Not very proactive at all.

It's funny how the one thing Emery was praised for in his first season was his substitutions effectively changing the game, whereas now, his substitutions have minimal impact.

Overall, I was still disappointed with a draw. Spurs did not play well today at all and we made them look so much better than they were. Our defending is still garbage. And he keeps tweaking midfield combinations when there is no need to do so.

As it stands, I believe he can get us into the top 4, but I don't believe he will be able to take us any further.

I am still hoping he will prove me wrong. However, that hope is dwindling.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:26 am

The team puts in the most spirited performance we've seen in months and "Emery fails" comes from the usual suspects ... idiots
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby swipe right » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:26 am

Firstly you can’t play Torreira and Xhaka. It makes no sense. You have to play either with a two CMs.
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby ag6789 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:58 am

Suspects are growing in numbers every day, idiot.
ag6789
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby LMAO » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:02 am

Surely has to be investigated for match fixing at this point. The insistence on continuing with Xhaka boggles my mind.
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6839
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby VCC » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:03 am

For a start any squad let alone team with
Xhaka
Sokratis
Luiz
Has penalties in them, but we are stuck with at least two of them no matter what formation you play atm, we were unable we were told to bring any other signing,
So I dont really see your point
Best start in a decade......tick
Cant blame the boss for mistakes on the pitch.
I dont like the mans tactics but hey what do you expect from a spanish manager he was always going to be more defensive than attacking ,
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 am

EliteKiller wrote:The team puts in the most spirited performance we've seen in months and "Emery fails" comes from the usual suspects ... idiots


He can't keep sticking with players who are costing us games though.

As the post in the Xhaka thread demonstrates ........... he's given away more penalties than any other player in the Prem.

I mean like wtf.

If Emery picks him and we don't win because of this known clown then Emery has to take responsibility for it .......... every fan from GW to AFTV all say the same thing!!

Don't start Xhaka!!!

We had this with Wenger, I'm not putting up with it from ANYONE, it could be Klopp and I'd say the same thing, the madness must end.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19435
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:The team puts in the most spirited performance we've seen in months and "Emery fails" comes from the usual suspects ... idiots


He can't keep sticking with players who are costing us games though.

As the post in the Xhaka thread demonstrates ........... he's given away more penalties than any other player in the Prem.

I mean like wtf.

If Emery picks him and we don't win because of this known clown then Emery has to take responsibility for it .......... every fan from GW to AFTV all say the same thing!!

Don't start Xhaka!!!

We had this with Wenger, I'm not putting up with it from ANYONE, it could be Klopp and I'd say the same thing, the madness must end.


Similar sentiment to what was expressed last week. I think most knew a disappointing game against Spurs would be the tipping point.
Power n Glory
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1696
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:04 pm

I voted unsure in the poll last year and therefore Emery has been given the benefit of any doubts lingering from his first season. Willing and wanting him to succeed simply because he is the Arsenal manager and therefore one of us.

Concerns surfaced after some baffling team selections and approach to games last year but as already stated, benefit of doubt given.

Regardless of physical attributes, the best suited midfielder we have at our disposal to play holding midfield and be the fulcrum is Torreira.

That the world and his wife can see this, as well as Xhaka Khant being incapable of doing so in the premier league outside of a 5 man midfield offering him at least one bodyguard, it is now rather worrying that our manager seemingly has a blind spot where this player is concerned.

I have heard many pundits and associates reflect on the effectiveness and quality of the Lacazette/Aubameyang strike force and emphasize it as our best weapon.

I would hazard a guess that high into the 90th percentile of GW would agree that conclusion too.

Movement is aplenty but both primarily do their thing in the width of the penalty area as opposed to in the channels.

From what I have seen of the lad, Pepe does his thing coming from the flanks and midfield positions, not too dissimilar to Ryan Giggs.

So yes, play the 3 but with the Auba/Lacca partnership remaining intact and simply supplemented by Pepe, as opposed to adjusting Aubameyang in order to merely achieve a front 3 that appears balanced on paper.

Mane and Salah are 2 goal scoring wide forwards linked by Firmino as playmaker striker.

I don't think our 3 forwards will be as successful as theirs in a flat type three across the front given the similarity of Salah and Mane, but in each of our 3 being different to each other and scoring goals, scope exists to be as good if not better than them if Emery can avoid stifling momentum again.

Start Cellabos and Guendouzi left and right of Torreira and I for one think we win the game yesterday.
thebigbangtheo
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby immsun » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:59 pm

What dafaq Emery

If Miki was gonna go then why did he come on Yesterday

Could have played Ozil or Nelson ffs
immsun
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot [Crawler], Goonerz, Power n Glory and 5 guests