Page 485 of 488

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 am
by Power n Glory
theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:So here’s my question. Had you known the new manager would finish fifth and embarrassingly blow out of the EL, would you still have pushed to terminate Wengers contract, or would you have let it expire this summer and not renewed?

I would have sacked Wenger in October 2011


It was actually obvious in 2007 that the club was stagnating. Even in the glory years the signs that Wenger was a poor manager were there.


My breaking point was September 1st 2009.

In the previous season it had been clear that the squad was short of depth and had little real quality beyond the first 11. I called for action to be taken in January 2008 to add a little depth, nothing too expensive, to help the team push for the title. No improvements were made.

Eduardo got assassinated, we got a few other injuries as well, and our season was f***ked. We should have won the league that season.

So into the summer transfer window Wenger went, with that lesson well and truly learned you would think. What did he do to put it right, in preperation for season 09/10? He did f**k all.

At that point it was crystal clear to me that he had to go. His handling of William Gallas' behavior, his trestment of Gilberto and his mishandling of the Ashley Cole transfer were also major factors for me.

The Ashley Cole thing was especially grating for me. I was close friends with one of Ashley Cole's best friends and during the "will he/won't he" leave saga I tried to get the inside story - but never quite did.

When Cole left I asked my mate why and he told me it was because Arsenal went back on a promise they made to him. Arsenal (I presume Wenger seeing as he was running the show) had promised Cole a bumper pay rise to reward his performances, but the offer was £5k per week short of what he had been promised. He was livid and the club refused to budge. So he left.

Arsene Wenger the tight-ass!!


I remember it was David Dein that took most of the heat for that Ashley Cole situation. Cole seemed to hold him responsible for the way it panned out. He also mentioned how Henry was also negotiating a contract and he didn't like the way he was being treated in comparison. Henry was being treated to expensive dinners and getting a lot of personal attention according to Cole. That obviously wasn't happening for Cole. I think the club may have taken Cole for granted because he was English and their was an assumption that he'd sign because he's English and came up through the club youth system.

That attitude continued after Cole left. I remember Walcott and Ox going through similar situations. Contract renewal talks would start late even though the players had less than 2 years left on their deals and I'm sure Theo once said that they shouldn't just assume he'd sign anything they offer just because he's English. Really bad management and stems from Wenger's idea of young English players being more loyal to the club.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am
by theHotHead
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We have a hands off owner and that's unlikely to change. In order to change that, we'd have to practically set the club on fire to get the owner out. That leaves a lot of damage to recover from.

But looking at the manager and the Wenger situation, I can't understand how he was so comfortable not winning trophies. It reminds me of the Ozil situation. Comfortable picking up a salary with no ambition to win stuff and he regarded as the best. The parameters for success are different for a player and manager compared to the owner. I can see how Stan would look at this as a successful business model and have more a long term vision. But for a manager, that ambition to win should be what drives them. It shouldn't take the owner having a word with the manager to sign better players or spend more. I always thought it should be the manager demanding more support from the board and if the owner is more of hindrance to your ambitions and not supportive, you decide to leave. Players do this all the time when they feel the club can't support their ambition


Excellent post ... hitting the nail on the head

Owners job - to maximise the return on his investment whilst maintaining his asset value - ergo no fire sale or asset striping

- Kroenke invested 500m - now he owns a club worth 2,500m - so tick on return on investment
- Kroenke has allowed operational profits of 800m to all go back into the club - so asset value protected - tick on no fire sale

Management Job - (in our crazy structure that was 100% Gazidis and Wonger)

- Management must maximise return whilst minimizing costs, ergo make a profit - no doubt we have made fantastic income however our costs are out of control - half a tick at best
- Management must invest wisely in the buying and selling of assets - has to be a fail, some good buys but a load of duds, and the selling has been a nothing short of a feckin' disaster
- Management must provide the infrastructure support to instill a club ethic, club tactics, club discipline, all to enable success on the pitch - again this has to be a 50-50, we have the stadium, training ground but do we have the right support staff? To win a couple of cups but not much else, that isn't the level the club should be at - half a tick at best

So you take the last decade and broad brush Kroenke has been a huge success ... he even recognized that his management team were failing and finally got rid of them ... as for personally funding the club? that's simply not in the job description.

Then you look at the management and again broad brush that's been a bit of a failure ... one they had twenty years to get right

The Don's been here less than twelve months ... he still has twelve to go before we can make a call ... add another 20 before we can seriously compare to Wonger.

Read this and worry - https://www.football365.com/news/emery-one-of-too-many-chefs-cooking-up-an-arsenal-shtstorm

Exactly this. How people can blame Kroenke when the man has allowed the club to spend big millions is a mystery to me. He was complicit with Wenger having carte blanche to run the club how he saw fit, that alone was his only mistake. I want Kroenke gone but I cannot blame him for Arsenal's situation, its Wenger and Wenger alone that made the poor decisions that have cost us, in eroded squad quality.


You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?

You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.

How about us 3 are pragmatic and actually see the situation for what it really is. How much does Joe Louis pump into Spurs? Its a blinkered and naive argument you put forward. You cannot criticise Kroenke for a lack of investment in the squad when Wenger frittered away millions on sub standard players. Kroenke put his faith in a manager that revolutionised English football and became Arsenal's most successful manager. You couldn't even call it misplaced trust because Wenger was doing big things on a shoestring budget after the stadium move.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:40 am
by EliteKiller
Zedie wrote:You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?

You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.


Kroenke got rid of both Wonger and Gazidis ... a bit late but better late than never ....

Shock horror a business makes it's money from it's customers ... who knew that ... and if you got your head out of your arse for a minute you'd realise that actually fans are now a minority share of the income, the stadium generates only about 25% of our income ... TV and marketing is where the serious money is ...

Literally every other club injects private finance


Simply not true ... and even though 80% might have chipped in look at the amounts - Burnley 6m, CP 28m, Swansea 1m, Spuds 14m, Watford 48m, WBA 23m .... hardly game changers and remember Kronke takes nothing out - would you want Ashley? Sullivan and Gold? Jisheng? the Glaziers? running our club ... well would you?

So the owner of a multi-billion pound business employees people on huge salaries to run his business ... the downright nerve ... sure Kroenke is hands off, nearly all owners are, and sure he could cough up 30/50/100m but that won't make much difference ... fact is the reason we've gone backwards has nothing to do with Kroenke, just like Joe Lewis doing absolutely nothing at Spurs isn't why they are doing well, in truth it has everything to do with the our CEO and Manager losing the plot and taking us down a bizzare contract blind alley ...

Fans like you with no concept of how big business works just make us laugh ... blame Kroenke all you want ... however the vast majority of us know the real truth.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 am
by CrimsonGunner11
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We have a hands off owner and that's unlikely to change. In order to change that, we'd have to practically set the club on fire to get the owner out. That leaves a lot of damage to recover from.

But looking at the manager and the Wenger situation, I can't understand how he was so comfortable not winning trophies. It reminds me of the Ozil situation. Comfortable picking up a salary with no ambition to win stuff and he regarded as the best. The parameters for success are different for a player and manager compared to the owner. I can see how Stan would look at this as a successful business model and have more a long term vision. But for a manager, that ambition to win should be what drives them. It shouldn't take the owner having a word with the manager to sign better players or spend more. I always thought it should be the manager demanding more support from the board and if the owner is more of hindrance to your ambitions and not supportive, you decide to leave. Players do this all the time when they feel the club can't support their ambition


Excellent post ... hitting the nail on the head

Owners job - to maximise the return on his investment whilst maintaining his asset value - ergo no fire sale or asset striping

- Kroenke invested 500m - now he owns a club worth 2,500m - so tick on return on investment
- Kroenke has allowed operational profits of 800m to all go back into the club - so asset value protected - tick on no fire sale

Management Job - (in our crazy structure that was 100% Gazidis and Wonger)

- Management must maximise return whilst minimizing costs, ergo make a profit - no doubt we have made fantastic income however our costs are out of control - half a tick at best
- Management must invest wisely in the buying and selling of assets - has to be a fail, some good buys but a load of duds, and the selling has been a nothing short of a feckin' disaster
- Management must provide the infrastructure support to instill a club ethic, club tactics, club discipline, all to enable success on the pitch - again this has to be a 50-50, we have the stadium, training ground but do we have the right support staff? To win a couple of cups but not much else, that isn't the level the club should be at - half a tick at best

So you take the last decade and broad brush Kroenke has been a huge success ... he even recognized that his management team were failing and finally got rid of them ... as for personally funding the club? that's simply not in the job description.

Then you look at the management and again broad brush that's been a bit of a failure ... one they had twenty years to get right

The Don's been here less than twelve months ... he still has twelve to go before we can make a call ... add another 20 before we can seriously compare to Wonger.

Read this and worry - https://www.football365.com/news/emery-one-of-too-many-chefs-cooking-up-an-arsenal-shtstorm

Exactly this. How people can blame Kroenke when the man has allowed the club to spend big millions is a mystery to me. He was complicit with Wenger having carte blanche to run the club how he saw fit, that alone was his only mistake. I want Kroenke gone but I cannot blame him for Arsenal's situation, its Wenger and Wenger alone that made the poor decisions that have cost us, in eroded squad quality.


You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?


You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.


Every word. Spot on

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm
by jayramfootball
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We have a hands off owner and that's unlikely to change. In order to change that, we'd have to practically set the club on fire to get the owner out. That leaves a lot of damage to recover from.

But looking at the manager and the Wenger situation, I can't understand how he was so comfortable not winning trophies. It reminds me of the Ozil situation. Comfortable picking up a salary with no ambition to win stuff and he regarded as the best. The parameters for success are different for a player and manager compared to the owner. I can see how Stan would look at this as a successful business model and have more a long term vision. But for a manager, that ambition to win should be what drives them. It shouldn't take the owner having a word with the manager to sign better players or spend more. I always thought it should be the manager demanding more support from the board and if the owner is more of hindrance to your ambitions and not supportive, you decide to leave. Players do this all the time when they feel the club can't support their ambition


Excellent post ... hitting the nail on the head

Owners job - to maximise the return on his investment whilst maintaining his asset value - ergo no fire sale or asset striping

- Kroenke invested 500m - now he owns a club worth 2,500m - so tick on return on investment
- Kroenke has allowed operational profits of 800m to all go back into the club - so asset value protected - tick on no fire sale

Management Job - (in our crazy structure that was 100% Gazidis and Wonger)

- Management must maximise return whilst minimizing costs, ergo make a profit - no doubt we have made fantastic income however our costs are out of control - half a tick at best
- Management must invest wisely in the buying and selling of assets - has to be a fail, some good buys but a load of duds, and the selling has been a nothing short of a feckin' disaster
- Management must provide the infrastructure support to instill a club ethic, club tactics, club discipline, all to enable success on the pitch - again this has to be a 50-50, we have the stadium, training ground but do we have the right support staff? To win a couple of cups but not much else, that isn't the level the club should be at - half a tick at best

So you take the last decade and broad brush Kroenke has been a huge success ... he even recognized that his management team were failing and finally got rid of them ... as for personally funding the club? that's simply not in the job description.

Then you look at the management and again broad brush that's been a bit of a failure ... one they had twenty years to get right

The Don's been here less than twelve months ... he still has twelve to go before we can make a call ... add another 20 before we can seriously compare to Wonger.

Read this and worry - https://www.football365.com/news/emery-one-of-too-many-chefs-cooking-up-an-arsenal-shtstorm

Exactly this. How people can blame Kroenke when the man has allowed the club to spend big millions is a mystery to me. He was complicit with Wenger having carte blanche to run the club how he saw fit, that alone was his only mistake. I want Kroenke gone but I cannot blame him for Arsenal's situation, its Wenger and Wenger alone that made the poor decisions that have cost us, in eroded squad quality.


You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?

You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.


Seriously WTF are you talking about? What is 'fan' money????

Fans pay to watch the club play football and buy merchandise to wear it or use it. That is the exchange of value.
A fan is no more investing in the club than when they pay for Sky Sports and watch football.

Generally, not a single penny of the clubs income belongs to the fans.
Unless you've loaned the club some money or own shares, pipe down....and even then it's peanuts comapred to the clubs income.

Kroenke has invested hundreds of millions of HIS money - Wenger wasted it.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm
by EliteKiller
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Every word. Spot on


You are taking the piss aren't you?

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 pm
by CrimsonGunner11
EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Every word. Spot on


You are taking the piss aren't you?


How am I taking the piss when Zedie presented nothing but facts in his post

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm
by jayramfootball
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Every word. Spot on


You are taking the piss aren't you?


How am I taking the piss when Zedie presented nothing but facts in his post


You mean 'facts' like 'fan money' ????

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm
by EliteKiller
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:How am I taking the piss when Zedie presented nothing but facts in his post


What facts?

Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?


Kroenke got rid of both Wonger and Gazidis ... so he stopped the power struggle albeit after a lot of damage was done ...

"Fan Money" - What the feck is that? 50 million Chinese TV viewers? Visit Rawanda? World Remit? you think they're all Arsenal fans?

Literally every other club injects private finance - Nope just look at the neighbours, zero private cash invested in twenty years

Kroenke is the owner not the CEO ... if you don't know the difference you should go look it up

So Zeddie's nothing but facts .... where are these facts?

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:48 pm
by theHotHead
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We have a hands off owner and that's unlikely to change. In order to change that, we'd have to practically set the club on fire to get the owner out. That leaves a lot of damage to recover from.

But looking at the manager and the Wenger situation, I can't understand how he was so comfortable not winning trophies. It reminds me of the Ozil situation. Comfortable picking up a salary with no ambition to win stuff and he regarded as the best. The parameters for success are different for a player and manager compared to the owner. I can see how Stan would look at this as a successful business model and have more a long term vision. But for a manager, that ambition to win should be what drives them. It shouldn't take the owner having a word with the manager to sign better players or spend more. I always thought it should be the manager demanding more support from the board and if the owner is more of hindrance to your ambitions and not supportive, you decide to leave. Players do this all the time when they feel the club can't support their ambition


Excellent post ... hitting the nail on the head

Owners job - to maximise the return on his investment whilst maintaining his asset value - ergo no fire sale or asset striping

- Kroenke invested 500m - now he owns a club worth 2,500m - so tick on return on investment
- Kroenke has allowed operational profits of 800m to all go back into the club - so asset value protected - tick on no fire sale

Management Job - (in our crazy structure that was 100% Gazidis and Wonger)

- Management must maximise return whilst minimizing costs, ergo make a profit - no doubt we have made fantastic income however our costs are out of control - half a tick at best
- Management must invest wisely in the buying and selling of assets - has to be a fail, some good buys but a load of duds, and the selling has been a nothing short of a feckin' disaster
- Management must provide the infrastructure support to instill a club ethic, club tactics, club discipline, all to enable success on the pitch - again this has to be a 50-50, we have the stadium, training ground but do we have the right support staff? To win a couple of cups but not much else, that isn't the level the club should be at - half a tick at best

So you take the last decade and broad brush Kroenke has been a huge success ... he even recognized that his management team were failing and finally got rid of them ... as for personally funding the club? that's simply not in the job description.

Then you look at the management and again broad brush that's been a bit of a failure ... one they had twenty years to get right

The Don's been here less than twelve months ... he still has twelve to go before we can make a call ... add another 20 before we can seriously compare to Wonger.

Read this and worry - https://www.football365.com/news/emery-one-of-too-many-chefs-cooking-up-an-arsenal-shtstorm

Exactly this. How people can blame Kroenke when the man has allowed the club to spend big millions is a mystery to me. He was complicit with Wenger having carte blanche to run the club how he saw fit, that alone was his only mistake. I want Kroenke gone but I cannot blame him for Arsenal's situation, its Wenger and Wenger alone that made the poor decisions that have cost us, in eroded squad quality.


You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?


You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.


Every word. Spot on

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

1) what tit for tat struggle? Kroenke fired Wenger, it was in Wenger's penultimate season that Gazidis began to contradict Wenger now and then and in Wenger's final season Gazidis said outright the team's performance is not good enough.

2) fan money compared to the commercials are a drop in the ocean. You utter those words as if they have parity, fan money is largely irrelevant now.

3) absentee owner, who cares. Is his absence stopping anyone from doing their job? Of course not.

3 so-called facts that are a complete joke.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 pm
by jayramfootball
theHotHead wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We have a hands off owner and that's unlikely to change. In order to change that, we'd have to practically set the club on fire to get the owner out. That leaves a lot of damage to recover from.

But looking at the manager and the Wenger situation, I can't understand how he was so comfortable not winning trophies. It reminds me of the Ozil situation. Comfortable picking up a salary with no ambition to win stuff and he regarded as the best. The parameters for success are different for a player and manager compared to the owner. I can see how Stan would look at this as a successful business model and have more a long term vision. But for a manager, that ambition to win should be what drives them. It shouldn't take the owner having a word with the manager to sign better players or spend more. I always thought it should be the manager demanding more support from the board and if the owner is more of hindrance to your ambitions and not supportive, you decide to leave. Players do this all the time when they feel the club can't support their ambition


Excellent post ... hitting the nail on the head

Owners job - to maximise the return on his investment whilst maintaining his asset value - ergo no fire sale or asset striping

- Kroenke invested 500m - now he owns a club worth 2,500m - so tick on return on investment
- Kroenke has allowed operational profits of 800m to all go back into the club - so asset value protected - tick on no fire sale

Management Job - (in our crazy structure that was 100% Gazidis and Wonger)

- Management must maximise return whilst minimizing costs, ergo make a profit - no doubt we have made fantastic income however our costs are out of control - half a tick at best
- Management must invest wisely in the buying and selling of assets - has to be a fail, some good buys but a load of duds, and the selling has been a nothing short of a feckin' disaster
- Management must provide the infrastructure support to instill a club ethic, club tactics, club discipline, all to enable success on the pitch - again this has to be a 50-50, we have the stadium, training ground but do we have the right support staff? To win a couple of cups but not much else, that isn't the level the club should be at - half a tick at best

So you take the last decade and broad brush Kroenke has been a huge success ... he even recognized that his management team were failing and finally got rid of them ... as for personally funding the club? that's simply not in the job description.

Then you look at the management and again broad brush that's been a bit of a failure ... one they had twenty years to get right

The Don's been here less than twelve months ... he still has twelve to go before we can make a call ... add another 20 before we can seriously compare to Wonger.

Read this and worry - https://www.football365.com/news/emery-one-of-too-many-chefs-cooking-up-an-arsenal-shtstorm

Exactly this. How people can blame Kroenke when the man has allowed the club to spend big millions is a mystery to me. He was complicit with Wenger having carte blanche to run the club how he saw fit, that alone was his only mistake. I want Kroenke gone but I cannot blame him for Arsenal's situation, its Wenger and Wenger alone that made the poor decisions that have cost us, in eroded squad quality.


You 3 are why the club will not move forward. Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?


You lot actually deserve the situation we are in.


Every word. Spot on

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

1) what tit for tat struggle? Kroenke fired Wenger, it was in Wenger's penultimate season that Gazidis began to contradict Wenger now and then and in Wenger's final season Gazidis said outright the team's performance is not good enough.

2) fan money compared to the commercials are a drop in the ocean. You utter those words as if they have parity, fan money is largely irrelevant now.

3) absentee owner, who cares. Is his absence stopping anyone from doing their job? Of course not.

3 so-called facts that are a complete joke.


I am just on the phone to the coffee shop at the moment.. I am telling them that the money I paid for my coffee this morning is still mine and they need to spend it how I say. Cheeky gits don;t seem to understand that all their money is 'customer money'.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 pm
by CrimsonGunner11
EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:How am I taking the piss when Zedie presented nothing but facts in his post


What facts?

Who allowed gazidis and Wenger to continue their tit for tat power struggle?

That 500-800m reinvested is fan money that has been put in, along with commercial gains, which are ultimately earned because the fan base put enough money in to make commercial partners want to advertise with us. Literally every other club injects private finance in and would be ready to do so if they fell out of the CL.

Kronke is absentee, doesn't put any money up and leaves his staff to run the club out of CL places and you lot think that's a job well done?


Kroenke got rid of both Wonger and Gazidis ... so he stopped the power struggle albeit after a lot of damage was done ...


You agree that Wenger stayed longer than he needed to, correct? Zedie basically asked who allowed this to happen? The answer ultimately is Kroenke.

EliteKiller wrote:"Fan Money" - What the feck is that? 50 million Chinese TV viewers? Visit Rawanda? World Remit? you think they're all Arsenal fans?

I get your point but what Zedie has said technically isn't inaccurate. It is fan money when you think about it on a bigger scale. It's the fans that are ultimately keeping this club above water regardless of if those fans are Arsenal fans or not. If fans don't attend or watch games, it means no matchday revenue, which means no TV revenue, which means no sponsorship revenue. Receiving nothing from fans would cause a domino effect that cuts off the majority of a club's revenue. At the end of the day, its fans who ultimately drive all sources of revenue made by a club.


EliteKiller wrote:Literally every other club injects private finance - Nope just look at the neighbours, zero private cash invested in twenty years

Image

EliteKiller wrote:Kroenke is the owner not the CEO ... if you don't know the difference you should go look it up


Right back at you: If you don't know the powers of an owner, you should go look it up.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm
by Goonerz
Zedie wrote:
Goonerz wrote:This revisionist Ramsey sentiment on here has got me a bit woozy.

May be I have been away for so long. But since when did Ramsey become this amazing player that a lot of people are crying about?

Am i missing something here?

The guy is an average player. I predict he will continue to be that at Juventus.

But I am willing to be proven wrong.

Glad we got rid of him.

Thanks for the FA CUP winf Ramsey but bye.


Regardless of what you feel about Rambo, every single gooner should he absolutely livid that hes walked away for nothing instead of being sold for 40m-60m that could have been reinvested into the squad.

It is f***ing unforgivable that we have let 2 of our best players go for free in 2 years and have received an aging winger with no legs and massive wages on the wrong side of 30.

Sorry but I don’t feel anything.
Ramsey is average to me. Whether we missed out on £40-60 million it does not bother me. Even if we had gotten that money I don’t know if we would have reinvested it.

But anyways. I just don’t rate Ramsey, seen him for a decade and has only had one good season with a few good cup final games here and there.

I have been ready to see the back of Stan, Wenger, Gazidis, Ramsey and Ozil. Too stagnant and dormant. Three gone, now 2 more left.

I am ready for new personnel and something different.

Of course it is my opinion.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
by Goonerz
swipe right wrote:
Goonerz wrote:This revisionist Ramsey sentiment on here has got me a bit woozy.

May be I have been away for so long. But since when did Ramsey become this amazing player that a lot of people are crying about?

Am i missing something here?

The guy is an average player. I predict he will continue to be that at Juventus.

But I am willing to be proven wrong.

Glad we got rid of him.

Thanks for the FA CUP winf Ramsey but bye.

Have you seen who we are rumored to be in the market for? Ramsey is head and shoulders above every player we are being linked with and anyone we could buy for a paltry 40MM. He’s without doubt our best attacking midfielder at the moment.

Of course we all have our own opinion.
Our best attacking midfielder that has done fck all for us in the league and CL for the most part of his decade as an Arsenal player. Apart from one season 14/15.

All he has ever done was to frustrate a lot of us season after season.

Now let’s see how our messiah (Ramsey’s) absence turns us into a 5th/6th or midtable club.

We have lost the likes of Henry, Vieira, Cesc, Rvp, Sanchez, Cazorla etc.

Life goes on. I am just happy our underachievers are being let go one at a time.

The Arsenal remians to fight another day.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm
by Goonerz
About this “Fan’s money. Not fans money”.
If it was not because of the Arsenal supporters and Fans from around the world (Massive Arsenal Fanbase), then woulf Adidas be paying up £60 million a year? Or would a small poor 3rd world country like Rwanda bother pumping £30 million a year into Arsenal in return for exposure around the world?

It’s like all these Multi-million pound commercial endorsements for Arsenal are done in a vacuum where these multi billion pound corporations just wake up one day and play “spin the bottle”. Which ever club around the world the bottle point to is who gets the £60-£100 million commercial endorsement. The money might not be direct (Merchandise or tickets sale) but surely these corporations look at the marketability first (fanbase).

If it’s not because of the massive fanbase then how come the likes of Barnley, Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton, Nuneaton etc are not the ones receiving these big multi-million pound commercial endorsements?

The power of a big fanbase (market) is why and what attracted Kroenke invest in Arsenal. You can be a very intelligent business person but you don’t makr money in a vacuum. You need a market (fans) to sell your product to.

Isn’t it?