Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby VCC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:26 am

aniym wrote:
Mess wrote:What I find puzzling is this: The team is very boring in the league, but yea, quite exciting in the Europa League with the youngsters (and against weaker teams)­. So, Emery seems capable of fielding an exciting team after all. He must be able to do the same in the league...no? Does it all boil down to not playing Xhaka and playing more dynamic youngsters? What's your take people?

We are certainly approaching EL with more aggression, and Ffrankfurt and Std Liege are decent teams definitely capable of beating us on their day. The youth players are hungry and want a place in the first team. Even Mustafi has a perfect record there. Plus, no Xhaka.

Has been said that fredie has more say in the cup games that may be why you are seeing the hand break off
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:00 am

VCC wrote:
aniym wrote:
Mess wrote:What I find puzzling is this: The team is very boring in the league, but yea, quite exciting in the Europa League with the youngsters (and against weaker teams)­. So, Emery seems capable of fielding an exciting team after all. He must be able to do the same in the league...no? Does it all boil down to not playing Xhaka and playing more dynamic youngsters? What's your take people?

We are certainly approaching EL with more aggression, and Ffrankfurt and Std Liege are decent teams definitely capable of beating us on their day. The youth players are hungry and want a place in the first team. Even Mustafi has a perfect record there. Plus, no Xhaka.

Has been said that fredie has more say in the cup games that may be why you are seeing the hand break off

All I'm hearing is give Freddie the keys to the kingdom :biggrin:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:15 am

VCC wrote:
aniym wrote:

I think it's clear that Emery was the one giving the instruction to keep on attacking even after three goals up. Willock said that in his interview.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:16 am

Freddie is our Ole.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:22 am

Fran Solo wrote:
VCC wrote:
aniym wrote:

I think it's clear that Emery was the one giving the instruction to keep on attacking even after three goals up. Willock said that in his interview.

Emery himself has said he trusts fredie to communicate to the youngsters after all he has history with them it makes sense
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby immsun » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:27 am

I hope Saka,Willock and Nelson flourish and not become another Iwobi.

They shouldnt be given too much responsibility as of yet. They need to be gradually brought in.

We will struggle heavily with reliance on youngsters. Look how rashford is doing right now.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 pm

I have no problem relying on the youngsters, if they are good enough they are old enough.

Youngsters bring an energy and excitement, so long as they can bring an end product, its all good.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm

You’ll never win anything with kids.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 pm

swipe right wrote:You’ll never win anything with kids.

If we could spend even £50m more than we could during 06-11, we'd have won the Prem twice during that period.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:12 pm

swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

https://www.goal.com/en-om/news/hes-not ... kub5tnj3m4

https://www.goal.com/en-kw/news/former- ... qbvtwpk6m0

You really are an embarrassment.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

More importantly what's shocking treatment of Wenger? He was paid handsomely for not doing his job to the best of his ability. Such shocking treatment.

Fact no other club has gone near him says it all. He needs to keep his nose out of our clubs business and stick to sailing the boats he's bought with the money he was paid by this club for failing
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.

On Reddit, there is a full on cult around Rob Holding with people thinking he should be team captain when he has barely 1 season of PL under his belt.

On GW we had the Sven cult which died out once it was clear he left Arsenal for a much lower level job, hasn't worked any miracles there (yet) and wasn't 'forced out' by Emery.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:19 pm

I think Jermaine Depree won a Grammy with Lil Bow Wow so...………………………………………..
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:24 pm

StLGooner wrote:

I think Jermaine Depree won a Grammy with Lil Bow Wow so...………………………………………..

They have no idea who you're talking about. Lol.

I don't think Bow Wow won a Grammy. Kriss Kross won though.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football