Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby BS221B » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:He will be sacked in end of the season, dude is not half as good as Wenger.

Pure Trolling.

Balls out as well, not even trying to disguise it, not even one, just one, season game played.

Emery's league record speaks for himself. He has lost Ligue 1 to Monaco while managing PSG. That takes some talent to achieve that.

I pray everyday that we dont get relegated under him.

They won the treble ....................... :doh:

This is ridiculous, I don't even know how your allowed to be posting here, trolling is forbidden, and you're going to have a loooooong season to have enough ammo on Emery to say the things you are, your sh*tting on our new manager who hasn't even been in the job a month.

If you're not going to support Arsenal's manager I suggest you find a new club.

Just because someone have opposite opinion doesnt mean he is trolling...

I dont rate Emery at all, what is the problem in that? I can assure you that this thread is going to be fun this season :) It will be hilarious to see people turning against Emery one by one.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

I will never understand people wanting to see their team fail to prove a point on a forum. Shame!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:14 am

Preseason results so far suggests he'll do well for us so happy with the his appointment and the direction the club is heading atm.

Just hope he continues and keeps up this form for the remainder of the season
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Pudpop » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:26 am

It's clear from preseason that our success hinges on Emery's ability to sort out our defence.

The press is looking good for preseason but if we played a team with the same passing ability as us we would walk right through it. It needs work.

Set pieces are hard to judge, although I'm disappointed we've gone for a compete man to man approach.

Our offside trap needs work but I also think that that was largely down to Hector being off yesterday
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:40 am

I like what emery is trying to do but our d seems way to slow for a highline. we need a faster cb then mustafi and sokratis. hope the board bring in a winger and another cb
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:55 am

by not buying a good CB for a team that conceded over 50 goals in the league he wont make top 4. We conceded more than 20 goals than city and united. Anyone who think organisation alone can close that gap is an idiot. He bought keeper and DM, but he needed a CB and a wide forward desperately. I think if he makes 6th and get more points than wengers last season he has done well
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:39 am

gooney wrote:by not buying a good CB for a team that conceded over 50 goals in the league he wont make top 4. We conceded more than 20 goals than city and united. Anyone who think organisation alone can close that gap is an idiot. He bought keeper and DM, but he needed a CB and a wide forward desperately. I think if he makes 6th and get more points than wengers last season he has done well
yawn
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:11 am

Pudpop wrote:
gooney wrote:by not buying a good CB for a team that conceded over 50 goals in the league he wont make top 4. We conceded more than 20 goals than city and united. Anyone who think organisation alone can close that gap is an idiot. He bought keeper and DM, but he needed a CB and a wide forward desperately. I think if he makes 6th and get more points than wengers last season he has done well
yawn

ok yawn me all you want. I say city, man u, chelsea, spurs and liverpool will finish ahead of us. If I am so wrong. You tell me which one we will finish above and which one we are better?

We finished 12 points of 4th and 7 points of 5th. We conceded 13 goals more than the worst defence of the top 5 and 24 more than City. Now Chelsea who had a shocking season finished 7 points ahead of us. Tell me where have we improved so much this season compared to last season? Because we have a new manager? A manager that failed to win the league with PSG ahead of Monaco despite having by far the best and most expensive team? I swear some of you think by being delusional makes you a good fan. Me saying this wont make the team better or worse, so stop thinking if you tell yourself bunch of positive things the team will get positive results. When we stopped winning the league we had a period of coming second then that ended years ago and a period of 3rd and 4th and that ended last 2 years. Once we fall we seem to stay in that level for a while before falling more
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:49 am

This forum has some amazing soothsayer's posting in here, lol we haven't kicked a ball in the prem yet and the doom merchants are out predicting doom, they take trolling to another level lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Pudpop » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:02 am

Nuggets wrote:This forum has some amazing soothsayer's posting in here, lol we haven't kicked a ball in the prem yet and the doom merchants are out predicting doom, they take trolling to another level lol
Also, I was yawning because 1. Emery doesn't sign the players and 2. We've bought 2 CBs this year.

Gooney's post is just pointless negativity, like all of his posts.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 am

Pudpop wrote:
Nuggets wrote:This forum has some amazing soothsayer's posting in here, lol we haven't kicked a ball in the prem yet and the doom merchants are out predicting doom, they take trolling to another level lol
Also, I was yawning because 1. Emery doesn't sign the players and 2. We've bought 2 CBs this year.

We bought 2 CB? My point is if you concede 51 goals and you buy a defender who is worse than the ones you have. How do you improve? LLogically we have kos out and soka in from last defense? I am saying on paper I dont think we have improved from where we were. deep down you agree with me as no one has given me a logical explanation why we will finish above 6th? So you resort to shooting the messanger
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:10 pm

gooney wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

We bought 2 CB? My point is if you concede 51 goals and you buy a defender who is worse than the ones you have. How do you improve? LLogically we have kos out and soka in from last defense? I am saying on paper I dont think we have improved from where we were. deep down you agree with me as no one has given me a logical explanation why we will finish above 6th? So you resort to shooting the messanger

.......... regardless Pudop's point and I agree is that you're laying that blame at Emery's door when he doesn't buy the players.

The blame for that is the board, I believe they have told Gazidis to hold off spending big until Emery has proven himself, we also spent higher than usual in January.

Tbf we can't even blame Misinslat, to do what he's done on a £50m budget is actually fkin remarkable.

Guendouzi for £8m yet he plays like a £30m player
Litsch for free
Torriea for £26m yet again he plays like a £40m player
Sokratis is currently meh but we'll see how he gets on
Mhkitarayan was a swap for a player basically out of contract so we got a newly minted contract player for free
Aubamaeyang for £60m when he plays like an £80m player at least

I understand your frustration about the defense but you can't blame Misinslat, in fact looking at the above he's done wonders and you literally can't blame Emery because all he does is coach the team as Gazidis loves to remind us.

Our new guys are doing fkin well, I'd love to see another club do as well with a shoe string budget.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Going to take emery more than one summer to undo all of wengers rubbish. Our defending set pieces vs chelsea is proof of that! I hope people don’t jump on the emery out bandwagon if some of the same issues are still there early in the season.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Going to take emery more than one summer to undo all of wengers rubbish. Our defending set pieces vs chelsea is proof of that! I hope people don’t jump on the emery out bandwagon if some of the same issues are still there early in the season.
Our set pieces weren't actually bad. It was just ESR getting run around by rudiger, but he's a kid so we can hardly blame him
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

.......... regardless Pudop's point and I agree is that you're laying that blame at Emery's door when he doesn't buy the players.

The blame for that is the board, I believe they have told Gazidis to hold off spending big until Emery has proven himself, we also spent higher than usual in January.

Tbf we can't even blame Misinslat, to do what he's done on a £50m budget is actually fkin remarkable.

Guendouzi for £8m yet he plays like a £30m player
Litsch for free
Torriea for £26m yet again he plays like a £40m player
Sokratis is currently meh but we'll see how he gets on
Mhkitarayan was a swap for a player basically out of contract so we got a newly minted contract player for free
Aubamaeyang for £60m when he plays like an £80m player at least

I understand your frustration about the defense but you can't blame Misinslat, in fact looking at the above he's done wonders and you literally can't blame Emery because all he does is coach the team as Gazidis loves to remind us.

Our new guys are doing fkin well, I'd love to see another club do as well with a shoe string budget.

so you telling me he has no say in players coming in? If he says I need a wide forward or a CB, they say no? And how can dozzy play like 30 million pound player when he hasnt played 1 competitive match for us? Or Torreira who has not had even 1 friendly? I dont like the Sokratis buy at all.....this guy struggled in Dortmund lately and was their Mustafi and if Emery watched us and saw how bad we were at set pieces, why couldnt he ask for a CB who is good in the air? He bought a CB thats smaller than ours and a DM who is smaller than all of our players.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football