Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Dynamite » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:06 pm

#Lucker
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm

We were f***ing awful today. Worst performance of the season but we won

Stuff of champions

Emery needs to keep that lucky trait
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Shocking formation he had us use today.

And wtf at subbing off Laca at half time for waster Iwobi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Angelito wrote:Worst managerial performance by a manager since I've been watching Arsenal and that includes some of Wenger's abysmal performances.

:think:
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:Worst managerial performance by a manager since I've been watching Arsenal and that includes some of Wenger's abysmal performances.

:think:

1-0 nil to the arsenal
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Really
A run of the mill home game won ugly like some of the best Arsenal sides of all time have had to endure as opposed to old Trafford in 2012 where he left Walcott who was buzzing after a midweek hat trick v reading on the bench
To lose 2-1 to man Utd with Andre santos swapping shirts with van Persie at half time
Just one of many but I don't know how long you have been a fan?
Last edited by starmandb on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 pm

starmandb wrote:

Really
A run of the home game won ugly like some of the best Arsenal sides of all time have had to endure as opposed to old Trafford in 2012 where he left Walcott who was buzzing after a midweek hat trick v reading on the bench
To lose 2-1 to man Utd with Andre santos swapping shirts with van Persie at half time

Wenger didn't start 9 defensive players against a relegation fodder, did he? Between that and taking Laca off, this was an absolute disaster by Emery.

I'm also not impressed by his handling of superstar players, or his obsession of building around Xhaka. He's going to alienate Oz and Laca big time at this rate.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby island_gunner » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:53 pm

some curious stuff today.....
worst managerial performance ever ??
well that's what the forum is for , everyone entitled to their opinion . I was really lost with the Laca sub also but alienating him, I don't get that impression that it is trending that way at all

who would you have started Angelito
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Really
A run of the home game won ugly like some of the best Arsenal sides of all time have had to endure as opposed to old Trafford in 2012 where he left Walcott who was buzzing after a midweek hat trick v reading on the bench

Wenger didn't start 9 defensive players against a relegation fodder, did he? Between that and taking Laca off, this was an absolute disaster by Emery.

I'm also not impressed by his handling of superstar players, or his obsession of building around Xhaka. He's going to alienate Oz and Laca big time at this rate.

No wenger drew 0-0 with relegated Middlesbrough in 16/17 making his substitutions by rote by paying no mind to how the game was going
Alienate ?
He is doing the job his way
The way he was employed to do thank f**k
No favorites
No pussyfooting around the little dears
starmandb

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Really

I've been drunk all day and missed the game but correct me if I'm wrong ............ didn't we win 1-0?

Oh, ok then.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 pm

I went to that landmark game at the bridge a few years a go... let me tell you about worst managerial performances of all time.

Winning ugly 1-0 is never going to go down as worst managerial performance in my book, simply for the given fact the game was won.

Has anyone considered Laca might be carrying a knock? Ozil has been injured too. We lost another player to injury today, and we are entering the busiest period of the footballing calendar. How can rotation, during this time, be considered as bad management? Maybe we should go back to running the players into the ground ala AW.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:39 am

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Really

You think too much about it, Mate. Off course, he has to build his team around Xhaka. All coaches build his team around their playmaker. It will be odd to build a team around a defensive midfielder like Torreira, Kante or Busquets, right? The only way not to build the team around Xhaka is to replace him and we know we cant do that at least until next season if we're lucky.
From what I've read from the players interview, being subbed early by Emery is not a punishment for playing badly. He do that for tactical purpose. Off course no players like to be subbed off, but I believe they won't feel alienated either. Ozil tweets after all our games, including yesterday and he sounds happy. Players usually keep quite when things don't go their way. At least that's what I saw during the last months of Wilshere and Ox.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:12 am

You left a few people scratching their heads With this comment Angelito :rofll:

I kinda see what you are saying, but surely it doesn't even warrant being remembered as a bad game let alone worst managerial performance by a manager. Considering you were here during the Wenger years, I don't see how this one comes close - considering we won and should've won comfortably. Huddersfield posed little threat, in fact it was only when we scored that they remembered they could also attack.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 am

That's because it was a ridiculous comment of biblical proportions.

8-2 Utd game ffs? that is all that needs to be said, and what of all the away losses last season etc etc etc.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

someone called xhaka a playmaker!!!

i just laughed my cottage cheese thru my fecking nose!!! jajajajajaja

in the land of the blind, the one eyed....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football