Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm

FARM wrote:You guys are hugely overrating the players we have, I'm sorry but you need to realize how far we have fallen. I keep seeing so many people saying with the players we have we should be top 3 and winning trophies. I don't agree at all, we have a very poor defense and midfield and none of them are winners, what have they won?? how can we say they are great players when they have never won a thing. Yes David Luiz fair enough, I can accept that excuse.. but the others are serial losers.

Auba and Laca and Ozil (on his day) are quality, but the rest leaves a lot to be desires, I think you are overrating them hugely. If they were all premiership winners and all champions league winners previously then I understand, but no they are not, most of them have never won a single thing, most of them are unproven.

This is not to defend Emery, the man must be sacked, he has nothing about him and I don't like him, can't understand a word the blokes saying, just chats a lot of waffle. But the players are not what you say, sorry but we need to face it, its 2019 not 2004. We have 1 player who has won the premiership!!! ONE , they are all very unproven

Explain Leicester City and Chelsea?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:06 pm

swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:So let me get this straight, Emery's tragic Xhaka appointment as the undroppable captain has caused the following ...............

Torreria now wants to leave.

‘I don’t know whether I’d say it’s frustrating,’ Torreira told reporters recently about his recent demotion. ‘All players want to play, they obviously want to be in the starting XI – that’s completely normal. But that’s not something that depends on me. It’s down to the coach to make those decisions and really I have to respect that.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/15/lucas-to ... to=cbshare

Bellerins miserable self and aggy relationship with the fans has come to a head because of the Xhaka incident and he now is eyeing a move.

Xhaka is leaving for apparently Newcastle (which is fitting for him).

Auba is in his last years contract and being courted by top clubs as well as being miffed that he's being targeted by AFC for being pally with AFTV.

Mkhitarayan is complaining about Emery's suffocating management style.

Ozil has been frozen out and even though back now, may never regain top form because of such a late start and bad feeling between him and the club.

.............. and a lot of this all attributable to Emery forcing in Xhaka as captain which has caused the current meltdown from both player and fans on top of these other sh*t decisions??

How much damage has Emery done to the club in 3 months??

Out of curiosity. What did you see in him when you passionately defended him for all these months.

Good point.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby ag6789 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:07 pm

When Unai started , the midfield didn't look that bad w/ Ozil, Ramsey, Mikhi as seniors, and Torreira/ Guandonzi added, w/ troublesome Xhaka on the side along w/ on again off again Iowbi. But now w/ the whole sale shipment of Ramsey, Mikhi and Iowbi, we surely look light. Cannot fathom why three of them were shipped w/o the acquiring any proven midfielder? How can any manager put unproven academy greenhorns like Willock and Saka to carry the midfield load ?
Isn't that's why we've lost the passing game completely? Willock and Saka not trained enough to pass the ball around?
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FARM » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:05 am

Power n Glory wrote:
FARM wrote:You guys are hugely overrating the players we have, I'm sorry but you need to realize how far we have fallen. I keep seeing so many people saying with the players we have we should be top 3 and winning trophies. I don't agree at all, we have a very poor defense and midfield and none of them are winners, what have they won?? how can we say they are great players when they have never won a thing. Yes David Luiz fair enough, I can accept that excuse.. but the others are serial losers.

Auba and Laca and Ozil (on his day) are quality, but the rest leaves a lot to be desires, I think you are overrating them hugely. If they were all premiership winners and all champions league winners previously then I understand, but no they are not, most of them have never won a single thing, most of them are unproven.

This is not to defend Emery, the man must be sacked, he has nothing about him and I don't like him, can't understand a word the blokes saying, just chats a lot of waffle. But the players are not what you say, sorry but we need to face it, its 2019 not 2004. We have 1 player who has won the premiership!!! ONE , they are all very unproven

Chelsea are one of the most underrated teams in world football, EVERY season people write them off and say they are crap and then they win the premiership, then next season people say the same and they win the Carabao cup, Fa Cup, then next season people say the same and they win Europa League and are top 3.

its been going on for ages with Chelsea, and then they win trophies every time.

Chelsea have Caballero, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Alonso, Rüdiger, Pedro, Kante, Willian who have all won the premiership, and some of them have won the premiership multiple times.

We have ONE player who has won the premiership and he only just joined and is on the back end of his career Luiz, thats it, all of our players outside of Auba, Laca and Ozil (on his best day) are very unproven and have never won or proved anything in football, they are all very unknown to others, but we just see them as big because we watch them always and its Arsenal, but other clubs fans really don't rate them much at all. We are in a big denial, we are overrating our players hugely.

Bergkamp, Henry, Adams, Vieria, Ljungberg, Pires, Seaman, Gilberto these are amazing proven players that that won stuff, but we are still living in this fantasy.. the current players are nowhere near good enough, and we are guilty of overrating them, and most of it is born out of us being desperate to be successful, that any little thing they do is overhyped. Pepe did a basic corner that every bloody player in the world does and people were going hysterical about it, its because we are just so desperate to believe we are great, when we are so mediocre in defense and midfield and I'm not even totally convinced about this Goalkeeper either to be honest, I think he is OK, not crap, but ok
Last edited by FARM on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:11 am

I dont think anyone really underrates Chelsea. I think people simply have no respect for them. Theyre a plastic club like City, who've gone to a trophy shop and bought plastic trophies with micky mouse money

When they win trophies people just shrug. It means nothing.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 am

UFGN wrote:I dont think anyone really underrates Chelsea. I think people simply have no respect for them. Theyre a plastic club like City, who've gone to a trophy shop and bought plastic trophies with micky mouse money

90 percent wouldn't have cared if we did it
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:46 am

Marsbar100 wrote:
UFGN wrote:I dont think anyone really underrates Chelsea. I think people simply have no respect for them. Theyre a plastic club like City, who've gone to a trophy shop and bought plastic trophies with micky mouse money

If a real football club wins the league and its not us im obviously not happy but I respect the achievement. When Leicester won it for example. If Liverpool win it, theyre a real football club who've earned it.

If City or Chelsea win it, whatever, bunch of c**** who bought it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:47 am

UFGN wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:

If a real football club wins the league and its not us im obviously not happy but I respect the achievement. When Leicester won it for example. If Liverpool win it, theyre a real football club who've earned it.

If City or Chelsea win it, whatever, bunch of c*** who bought it

With the right investment Accrington Stanley would win the league
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:29 am

FARM wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Chelsea are one of the most underrated teams in world football, EVERY season people write them off and say they are crap and then they win the premiership, then next season people say the same and they win the Carabao cup, Fa Cup, then next season people say the same and they win Europa League and are top 3.

its been going on for ages with Chelsea, and then they win trophies every time.

Chelsea have Caballero, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Alonso, Rüdiger, Pedro, Kante, Willian who have all won the premiership, and some of them have won the premiership multiple times.

We have ONE player who has won the premiership and he only just joined and is on the back end of his career Luiz, thats it, all of our players outside of Auba, Laca and Ozil (on his best day) are very unproven and have never won or proved anything in football, they are all very unknown to others, but we just see them as big because we watch them always and its Arsenal, but other clubs fans really don't rate them much at all. We are in a big denial, we are overrating our players hugely.

Bergkamp, Henry, Adams, Vieria, Ljungberg, Pires, Seaman, Gilberto these are amazing proven players that that won stuff, but we are still living in this fantasy.. the current players are nowhere near good enough, and we are guilty of overrating them, and most of it is born out of us being desperate to be successful, that any little thing they do is overhyped. Pepe did a basic corner that every bloody player in the world does and people were going hysterical about it, its because we are just so desperate to believe we are great, when we are so mediocre in defense and midfield and I'm not even totally convinced about this Goalkeeper either to be honest, I think he is OK, not crap, but ok

I don't see the relevance of needing players that have won the Premied League to get into the top 4. There wasn't a single player in Liverpool's team that had won the Premier League or anything major but they became a top 4 side, were runners up to the Champs League and then won it the next season. They're on course to win the league this year. Prior to Klopp nobody would have identified one of their players as someone we'd need to turn this club around.

Spurs were finishing above us as well and the running joke has always been that they've never won anything.

You'll have to explain Leicester as well.

It's the coach that brings the good out of individual players. Klopp did the same at Dortmund which is what Wenger did here in his prime. The same players that were poor for Leicester City last year are still there and tearing it up for Brendan Rodgers. A good coach makes a massive difference.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 am

∆∆ Good post PnG.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:35 am

To be fair to DG, he was all for giving the manager a fair shot, I don't recall him being in the cult of Emery.

I too wanted to give him a fair shot this season even though I criticised him a lot last season, but that goodwill quickly evaporated, the guy is a total dickwad with no redeeming qualities I can see.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:10 pm

UFGN wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:

If City or Chelsea win it, whatever, bunch of c*** who bought it

Yep
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby The Break Water » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:17 pm

All of you guys are right in your own way, yes its true we are overrating our players and many of them are just not as good as we want to believe. And Yes Emery is a very flawed manager and a better manager could improve us. Its a bit of both I feel.

It's a combo of the 2, very unproven players who are over hyped and a flawed stupid manager. A better manager could squeeze more out of us I think, but I still don't think he would be able to get a huge amount more out of us, we are gonna have to invest heavily in many key positions which will take a lot of money sadly.
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 am

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:So let me get this straight, Emery's tragic Xhaka appointment as the undroppable captain has caused the following ...............

Torreria now wants to leave.

‘I don’t know whether I’d say it’s frustrating,’ Torreira told reporters recently about his recent demotion. ‘All players want to play, they obviously want to be in the starting XI – that’s completely normal. But that’s not something that depends on me. It’s down to the coach to make those decisions and really I have to respect that.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/15/lucas-to ... to=cbshare

Bellerins miserable self and aggy relationship with the fans has come to a head because of the Xhaka incident and he now is eyeing a move.

Xhaka is leaving for apparently Newcastle (which is fitting for him).

Auba is in his last years contract and being courted by top clubs as well as being miffed that he's being targeted by AFC for being pally with AFTV.

Mkhitarayan is complaining about Emery's suffocating management style.

Ozil has been frozen out and even though back now, may never regain top form because of such a late start and bad feeling between him and the club.

.............. and a lot of this all attributable to Emery forcing in Xhaka as captain which has caused the current meltdown from both player and fans on top of these other sh*t decisions??

How much damage has Emery done to the club in 3 months??

Out of curiosity. What did you see in him when you passionately defended him for all these months.

Good point.

I don't think giving a manager a seasons grace is considered, passionately defending?

I've been clear on my outlining of my support from day one.

A season and a window to bring people in, that is all.

............. also he marginally done better than Arsene Wenger did, with Wengers own team which he had moulded after 20 years of being in charge in Emery's debut season.
So how sh*t must Wenger have been when you were passionately defending him in his last year in charge .......... and still defending his tripe?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Lol at bringing up chelsea, they have f***ing mason mount and Tammy Abraham leading them to top 4 while were playing with Özil Laca and auba but can’t get anywhere near it.

Face it, even f***ing lampard is a better manager than emery.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football