Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery THE DON

Postby swipe right » Mon May 13, 2019 8:25 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Why don’t you compare Emery’s first season with Wenger’s first season? Let’s leave the last season comparisons to next year shall we.

Wenger inherited a George Graham squad drilled in defensive excellence, a side that had conceded the fewest goals in the league ... Emery inherited a squad with zero discipline that had just finished 6th conceding 51 goals ... can you spot the difference ...

Arsene in his first season gained 5 more points than the previous season, was dumped out of the UEFA Cup in round one, and both the FA and League Cups in round four ...

The Don in his first season gained 7 more points than the previous season, is in the final of the Europa League, went out of the FA Cup in round four and the League Cups in the quarter finals ...

What was your point?

Do you know what our league positions were the five seasons before wenger joined Arsenal? Check it out and get back to me.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Why don’t you compare Emery’s first season with Wenger’s first season? Let’s leave the last season comparisons to next year shall we.

Wenger inherited a George Graham squad drilled in defensive excellence, a side that had conceded the fewest goals in the league ... Emery inherited a squad with zero discipline that had just finished 6th conceding 51 goals ... can you spot the difference ...

Arsene in his first season gained 5 more points than the previous season, was dumped out of the UEFA Cup in round one, and both the FA and League Cups in round four ...

The Don in his first season gained 7 more points than the previous season, is in the final of the Europa League, went out of the FA Cup in round four and the League Cups in the quarter finals ...

What was your point?

Do you know what our league positions were the five seasons before wenger joined Arsenal? Check it out and get back to me.

You moving the goalposts again? .... what a feckin' surprise

Why don’t you compare Emery’s first season with Wenger’s first season

So we did that and as usual it made you look a complete idiot ...

So you have another go with:

"what our league positions were the five seasons before wenger joined Arsenal"

any reason for that, did you just pick years at random in your latest pathetic attempt to make the Don look bad ... are you that much of a total loser? what are you trying to achieve?

I'm bored now, off you go and dream of Ozil and Wonger we all know you want to ... the rest of us will dream about pending European glory and the Don taking us back into the CL ... how dare he ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am

............. and that's why I have Swipe right on ignore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 am

Cannot underestimate how important this game is

We win it it’s a great season (as long as Spurs don’t win the CL)
Lose it and it’s a terrible season

Come onnnn
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Power n Glory » Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am

Sims wrote:Cannot underestimate how important this game is

We win it it’s a great season (as long as Spurs don’t win the CL)
Lose it and it’s a terrible season

Come onnnn

The season ends for me once the CL game is over. Even if we win the EL, Spurs winning the CL will really rub the shine off our victory. Sickening stuff and it's out of our control. Really hate the fact that I have to pay attention to how their season pans out to enjoy ours. Ugh
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 am

This is not good news.

............. and the covering for a sh*t budget courtesy of Kroenke begins, basically Emery hasn't got the money to replace Ramsey and bolster the depth of the team in the same window.

So basically thanks to Wenger and Gazidis we just lost one of our top players and won't be replacing him, great, thanks Arsene.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/unai-eme ... y-9504627/

This is why those incompetent b*stards had to go, at least the new regime immediately identified this as a problem area, how many players have we let run down their contracts? disgraceful, absolute disgrace of a manager and Top Exec.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:This is not good news.

............. and the covering for a sh*t budget courtesy of Kroenke begins, basically Emery hasn't got the money to replace Ramsey and bolster the depth of the team in the same window.

So basically thanks to Wenger and Gazidis we just lost one of our top players and won't be replacing him, great, thanks Arsene.

This is why those incompetent b*stards had to go, at least the new regime immediately identified this as a problem area, how many players have we let run down their contracts? disgraceful, absolute disgrace of a manager and Top Exec.

Cool your jets man!

Young players need opportunities to be with us in training.’

Nothing in that article matched the headline other than what the writer decided. This is the only quote from that whole article that really gives a bit of direction as to what we are doing.

We will probably introduce wilock and nketiah more into a few games etc. But nothing I read there makes me think we aren't replacing Ramsey other than the WUM title imo
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 pm

I am preparing for a royal shafting from Kroenke.

Its already been rumored of a £50m transfer kitty, I'm beginning to suspect that even CL qualification will see that extra money pocketed and the £50m stand.

We'll find out next month.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon May 13, 2019 12:55 pm

You also need to bear in mind that if we advertise a significant budget for players, then anyone selling, would be pushing us for as much as they can get of that budget. It’s a simple business/bargaining process. Pretend you’re skint, to get the best deal possible!

Of course, I am hoping that is the case anyway! :biggrin:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This is not good news.

Lol... you naive little lad. The only reason Emery got the job was because he signed up for a paupers transfer budget.
And for what it’s worth, the reason Ramsey is leaving is because we can’t match his salary expectations because we foolishly signed Mkhitaryan and over an the salary budget.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:03 pm

INCOMING!!!
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThatAndrew » Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 pm

spending 100 Mio to go from 6th to 5th ? That's shameful .

Emery has been dogshite and needs to go
ThatAndrew
Liam Brady

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 14, 2019 12:25 am

ThatAndrew wrote:spending 100 Mio to go from 6th to 5th ? That's shameful .

If we win the EL ............ can the Mod's immediately ban this troll on sight?

Be a great way to celebrate a first Arsenal Euro Cup since god know's when.

Who needs the negativity anyway? if Ach is banned I don't know how this guy is still standing to be honest?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 am

I hope you will be cheering the Don on Andrew :arse flag.gif:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

If we win the EL ............ can the Mod's immediately ban this troll on sight?

Be a great way to celebrate a first Arsenal Euro Cup since god know's when.

Who needs the negativity anyway? if Ach is banned I don't know how this guy is still standing to be honest?

I'm convinced it's Wenger.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football