Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery THE DON

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Why don’t you compare Emery’s first season with Wenger’s first season? Let’s leave the last season comparisons to next year shall we.

Wenger inherited a George Graham squad drilled in defensive excellence, a side that had conceded the fewest goals in the league ... Emery inherited a squad with zero discipline that had just finished 6th conceding 51 goals ... can you spot the difference ...

Arsene in his first season gained 5 more points than the previous season, was dumped out of the UEFA Cup in round one, and both the FA and League Cups in round four ...

The Don in his first season gained 7 more points than the previous season, is in the final of the Europa League, went out of the FA Cup in round four and the League Cups in the quarter finals ...

What was your point?

The George Graham defence were not that good in Graham's last couple of seasons, hence why we were not that good when Graham left. Plus of course the dross like David Hillier and Ian Selley.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 14, 2019 12:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
ThatAndrew wrote:spending 100 Mio to go from 6th to 5th ? That's shameful .

Emery has been dogshite and needs to go

If we win the EL ............ can the Mod's immediately ban this troll on sight?

Be a great way to celebrate a first Arsenal Euro Cup since god know's when.

Who needs the negativity anyway? if Ach is banned I don't know how this guy is still standing to be honest?

Ach is banned again??? :rofll:

I know you didn't put me on ignore because you have more sense than that, not sure why you don't have Andrew and his many incarnations on ignore though, he doesn't even disguise his wumming.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:I know you didn't put me on ignore because you have more sense than that, not sure why you don't have Andrew and his many incarnations on ignore though, he doesn't even disguise his wumming.

Well actually I did have you and gooney on ignore right up until just now because I've noticed things have calmed down around here recently, Swipe Right is staying on it like he deserves though, a nothing poster.

Basically even though I respect you as a poster and have usually got on with you in the past, anyone pedalling negativity without cause is going on the list, enough is enough, I'm not dealing with it anymore.

Lots of posters even OG's have completely lost their heads recently to the point where they're even cosying up to the trolls for back up, its not good enough.

Anyway, enough said.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Thu May 16, 2019 6:24 pm

It really is up to this final. He wins it, season is a great achievement. He loses though, massive drop with the money spent. Not just on him mind you, the players, the board for not allocating money in January when we needed it, everyone looks bad.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 am

To be honest I would not be against shipping out every player and starting from scratch. New regime, new manager, new team. New start.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 am

Considering the state of the club and the sh1t players he had to work with I think he has done remarkably well for his first year, IF and that's a big IF he gets enough money to buy new players we should be OK next season.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 am

Nuggets wrote:Considering the state of the club and the sh1t players he had to work with I think he has done remarkably well for his first year, IF and that's a big IF he gets enough money to buy new players we should be OK next season.

He needs to get rid and replace the dosser's in this team, too many of the 2nd string are stealing a living here.

They should be chomping at the bit to replace the 1st team players but when we needed them against Everton, CP and Leicester these guys shrunk and got run over, we don't need a 2nd string that all they contribute is losing to bottom half league teams.

Water carriers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Considering the state of the club and the sh1t players he had to work with I think he has done remarkably well for his first year, IF and that's a big IF he gets enough money to buy new players we should be OK next season.

He needs to get rid and replace the dosser's in this team, too many of the 2nd string are stealing a living here.

They should be chomping at the bit to replace the 1st team players but when we needed them against Everton, CP and Leicester these guys shrunk and got run over, we don't need a 2nd string that all they contribute is losing to bottom half league teams.

Water carriers.

You got that right, aunty Wonga spoilt them, like you said they should be chomping at the bit but it doesn't look like that does it.
Nuggets

Postby Fenice » Fri May 17, 2019 3:38 pm

theHotHead wrote:To be honest I would not be against shipping out every player and starting from scratch. New regime, new manager, new team. New start.

I wouldn’t either but it won’t happen.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 18, 2019 2:00 am

Nuggets wrote:Considering the state of the club and some of the the sh1t players he had to work with and the frankly bewildering decisions and downright stupid f**k decisions Emery made I think he has done ok for his first year, IF and that's a big IF he gets enough money to buy new players we should be OK next season.

There, I fixed your post for you.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 am

theHotHead wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Considering the state of the club and some of the the sh1t players he had to work with and the frankly bewildering decisions and downright stupid f**k decisions Emery made I think he has done ok for his first year, IF and that's a big IF he gets enough money to buy new players we should be OK next season.

There, I fixed your post for you.

Don't fook with my post's!!
Nuggets

Postby Manoban » Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Allegri is leaving Juve. Can we get him, please?
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Interest: waning » Sat May 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Manoban wrote:Allegri is leaving Juve. Can we get him, please?
Overrated and boring.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat May 18, 2019 7:12 pm

And then what? Sack him when he doesn't win the title in his first season?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sat May 18, 2019 8:41 pm

aniym wrote:

And then what? Sack him when he doesn't win the title in his first season?

Apples and oranges.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football