Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 am

Mike Dean wrote:
LMAO wrote:The two people on here who aren't with you have been put in time-out until August 7 and August 28, respectively.

2.5 more weeks though <3 <3 <3

huh?

Which two?

⬇️

Pudpop wrote:Andrew and Arsene Nose
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:01 am

Loving seeing the players under a proper training regime, you can see what emery is demanding of them.

I'm expecting these players to actually be ready for a new season given what I've seen. Lucas also seems to be excelling in training, I reckon he'll be used extensively.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

LMAO wrote:Emery has been coach for less than a month, and I already love him. He has such a great personality.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:Emery has been coach for less than a month, and I already love him. He has such a great personality.

Personalities win **** all.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Loving seeing the players under a proper training regime, you can see what emery is demanding of them.

I'm expecting these players to actually be ready for a new season given what I've seen. Lucas also seems to be excelling in training, I reckon he'll be used extensively.

All we need to be is consistent flat track bullies to do well in the league.

Under Wenger, we had those 5-6 shock defeats/results every season and of course, the abysmal performances against big teams.

If we could change that, we could challenge for the title. It's too early to say anything of course.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm

There was a point during normal open play where Aubameyang was our deepest player purely out of his desire to defend well.

There were at least 2 occasions where Laca and Auba didn't just track back but actively hunted down the Atletico player in possession, and showed more energy than the player on the ball.

That was just our 2 first half strikers.

I was sitting watching the game with a friend of mine and explaining how those small things were such a big deal at Arsenal. They're small things that literally any simple manager can coach and yet it has been missing from our game for years.

Then there were more complicated differences which were still easy to spot, even though we're still in pre season: the way when we're not pressing it isn't because we the players don't want to but because it's an active team decision to hold back until the ball is played, the way the players are actively anticipating passes with the intent to break up play instead of just watching to make sure they keep position.

Once again, simple, but this time harder to coach and seeing results in the first preseason game is encouraging.

My friend actually made a joke while we were discussing it which I found hilarious because of just how true it was. I pointed these things out to him and he said he could imagine what was going through our players' heads while playing under Wenger: "What? They have the ball? We didn't plan for this!"

I'm ecstatic to see that we actually have a plan going into games and I can't wait to see the dividends paying out.

Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see in a game that doesn't mean anything because I'm stuck on the Emery Hype train.

Oh well, too late to get off now.

COYG
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeah think we have to be careful of remembering not to expect too much too quickly as Emery will get the team physically prepared and tactically but if he finds certain players letting him down or just can't reach the desired levels, he'll not be able to address that till January once the window ends.

Tbh though as long as he's fielding players willing to compete and fight for the win then its easy to identify who's coming up short due to quality and not effort.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:00 pm

He will be sacked in end of the season, dude is not half as good as Wenger.

I hope we go for Nagelsmann and give him ten years contract on next summer.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 pm

nagelsmann has already agreed to become rb leipzig's manager from next season
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:37 pm

i liked the observation of the more line drive type of free kick or corner, if on target, the D has way less time to react...
( way less is a bit hyperbolic when talking of tenths of seconds, but...)
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:38 am

BS221B wrote:He will be sacked in end of the season, dude is not half as good as Wenger.

Pure Trolling.

Balls out as well, not even trying to disguise it, not even one, just one, season game played.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:20 am

BS221B wrote:He will be sacked in end of the season, dude is not half as good as Wenger.

I hope we go for Nagelsmann and give him ten years contract on next summer.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:23 am

BexleyGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Personalities win **** all.

Emery has been coach for less than a month, and I already love him. (Plus,) He has such a great personality.

The players look like they're both enjoying themselves and responding well to direction/tactics. Even though many of the players are the same, the team is definitely different. The hype train don't stop.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby BS221B » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Pure Trolling.

Balls out as well, not even trying to disguise it, not even one, just one, season game played.

Emery's league record speaks for himself. He has lost Ligue 1 to Monaco while managing PSG. That takes some talent to achieve that.

I pray everyday that we dont get relegated under him.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

BS221B wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Pure Trolling.

Emery's league record speaks for himself. He has lost Ligue 1 to Monaco while managing PSG. That takes some talent to achieve that.

I pray everyday that we dont get relegated under him.

They won the treble ....................... :doh:

This is ridiculous, I don't even know how your allowed to be posting here, trolling is forbidden, and you're going to have a loooooong season to have enough ammo on Emery to say the things you are, your sh*tting on our new manager who hasn't even been in the job a month.

If you're not going to support Arsenal's manager I suggest you find a new club.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football