Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal manager Unai Emery will be given the next six games to prove he is still the man for the job at Emirates Stadium. (Standard)

No idea if this is 6 league games or all competitions. Pressure is on though. He has to respond.

Packing his suitcase would be a start. :biggrin:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Just a waste of 6 more games and potentially 18 points.

Let’s see we’re probably going to win 4, draw 1 and lose to City. Will that suddenly mean he’s any good? Or just that we have shit fixtures
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jase89 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Outstanding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Godlop » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Santi wrote:Just a waste of 6 more games and potentially 18 points.

Let’s see we’re probably going to win 4, draw 1 and lose to City. Will that suddenly mean he’s any good? Or just that we have shit fixtures

We had an easy fixture after the last int. break too and we archieved 2 points against shit sides and a Leicester side not nearly as good as people make them out to be.
So winning 4 and drawing 1 would be a huge improvement.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:28 pm

what run of easy fixtures did we have?

Sheff Utd away - hard, they should've beaten liverpool and conceded the least goals bar Leicester.
Palace home - easy because we were home
Wolves home - medium, they're better than us but we had home advantage.
Leicester away - hard, they're one of the best teams in the league rn.

Compared with the upcoming:

Saints home - easy, 2nd bottom playing shit and we're home.
Norwich away - easy, beat City but bottom and in awful form, dogshit.
Brighton home - medium, decent team but home advantange. Should be easier than Wolves.
West Ham away - medium, dreadful run of form but playing at their place
City home - hard, will get f***ked.
Everton away - medium, super up and down team with best winger Alex Iwobi.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Palace easy? They had the most away points in 2019 bar city
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 pm

Why waste anymore time on a man that has not made any progress over a full season and more?

Whatever the results in the next 6 games, we are simply going to pretend and ignore what happened in the other 100 games?

The issues arent just the results.

Some would have overlooked the results if we had an identity and the team was improving. Bad luck or temporary out of form games could have beeen overlooked as outliers in that case.

But with Emery we have a consistent pattern of unpredictability and non-improvement.

It isn't just the results, it's the process as well.

We are wasting valuable time.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Yeah I really don’t get persisting with someone who is shit and can’t communicate with his players for the sake of keeping him

He will never turn this around now, he’s done, put him out of his misery
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Massive 6 games. I haven't seen the fixtures. They won't be easy.

All or nothing Unai. No regrets

All arsenal fans wish you well
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Sims wrote:Yeah I really don’t get persisting with someone who is shit and can’t communicate with his players for the sake of keeping him

He will never turn this around now, he’s done, put him out of his misery

What I've seen is this ............... even if we have a small run of wins, this manager can't keep his team in form long enough to have a top season.

I haven't watched Liverpool or City this season, I watched the MOTD highlights of them on the weekend and I was sick to my stomach.

AFC look like a League One side in comparison, even Leicester look like they belong as a Prem team, we under Emery are never going to get anywhere near that, he doesn't have it in him.

He's like one of those managers in an office who tinkers with everything and man manages everyone to the point of suffocation so peoples natural talent can't shine through.

We're way off the pace for top 4 already and its not even January, he had his seasons grace, he had his transfer window and big buy in Pepe and we're worse than last season.

The only player shining right now is Martinelli, and if I'm correct doesn't he spend most of his time with Lujngberg?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:45 am

I can't believe how some of you are saying Southampton will be a certain win and 3 points and its just delaying the sacking of Emery.

Are you serious??, how can you say its a certain win.. you are insane, yes I know Southampton are struggling and doing bad, but we have been woeful, Watford are worse than them and below them in the table and we couldn't even beat them, in fact they had 34 shots against us, they battered us to death. You need to wake up and realize whats going on and how bad we have fallen.

Yes we could win, but its not a 100% fact at all, we are way too unpredictable and I don't feel certain of anything. If we score early and start fast then we could do well, but if its like 40 minutes and we haven't scored then I fear the game will just become a slog and be very hard work
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LMAO » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:07 am

Santi wrote:Just a waste of 6 more games and potentially 18 points.

Wish I shared your optimism.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dejan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 am

We will win all 6

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Hybrid47 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am

Santi wrote:what run of easy fixtures did we have?

Sheff Utd away - Hard, organised team play to their strengths and defend for their lives.
Palace home - Hard, better away from home and built as a counter attacking team.
Wolves home - Hard, organised again play on the counter and have dangerous players up top (any other day we would have lost that game) however their forwards were not totally at the races.
Leicester away - Impossible, organised and play dynamic front foot football. Positive and patient build up and impose their play against the opposition.

Compared with the upcoming:

Saints home - Medium, poor side but we have a habit of making poor teams look good.
Norwich away - Hard, in our current form they will be up for it. Our players at the moment don't win their individual duels so overall I expect a loss.
Brighton home - Medium, poor side but we have a habit of making poor teams look good.
West Ham away - Medium, poor side but we have a habit of making poor teams look good.
City home - Impossible, likely to get the battering we should have got from Leicester.
Everton away - Hard, Up and down yes but usually quite good at home, yet again not confident.

Corrected :biggrin:
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 pm

I agree that we look unpredictable on match day, but that's on his tactics. I wouldn't blame him for changing up the squads however. He's trying to blood in Tierney, who isn't fully match fit and hasn't faced much PL competition. Same with Pepe.

Added to that, Bellerin and Holding aren't fully match fit either so we're still starting Chambers at RB and Luiz/Sokratis at CB sometimes. And giving game time to Willock and Saka.

Compare that to Wenger, who threw the likes of Yaya Sanogo and Carl Jenkinson into the deep end right away with PL and CL games without a second thought. And played Mustafi and calamity Kos every game for 2 years.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football