Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby theHotHead » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 am

Man like Matteo :arse fan:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm

This pub level manager needs to go. Absolute travesty of a manager

OUT OUT OUT OUT
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Another win. Point off top 4.

Not perfect but improvement has been vast

We have our arsenal back
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ESR10 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I dont feel we are heading in the right direction anymore tbh. I had a much more positive vibe the first half of the season.
Sven leaving, Emerys weird lineups and his clash with Özil, our very rarely convincing performances. Not much to feel positive about.

Still 100 times better than Wengers last few years, but I'm not sure if we should stick with Emery long term.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Roycck » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

This summer is gonna be impt for Emery. He have to be given funds to buy his players and if the team still underperform, its surely sayonara for Unai Emery.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 pm

We look completely lost at the back and that's on Emery. AMN should be training with U23s until he figures out how to keep possession of the ball. Same goes for Kolasinac tbh.

Kos is the only solid defender and that is laughabe since he's error prone too.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Mustafi wrote:I dont feel we are heading in the right direction anymore tbh. I had a much more positive vibe the first half of the season.
Sven leaving, Emerys weird lineups and his clash with Özil, our very rarely convincing performances. Not much to feel positive about.

Still 100 times better than Wengers last few years, but I'm not sure if we should stick with Emery long term.

I tend to agree with this post. Biggest shock to me was Sven leaving. Too early to tell though, needs money and another transfer window to show what he's capable of. I will make up my mind on Emery next season.

That being said, if he manages to finish Top 4 or win EL this season with abomination of a squad he is the automatic GOAT manager.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BS221B » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm

"Abomination of a squad" lol, never Emery's fault.

If we had Sarri, we couldve been challenging the title now. Sarrismo football style is fit this squad like a glove.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Again, same abomination of a squad that daddy wenger got to the semi, lost by 1 goal to the winners due to a fvcking lucky bounce/defensive error and then we added 70m worth of talent to.

Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Santi wrote:Again, same abomination of a squad that daddy wenger got to the semi, lost by 1 goal to the winners due to a fvcking lucky bounce/defensive error and then we added 70m worth of talent to.

Do you think Emery will get knocked out by some Romanian pubbers or a mid table Serie A team? We played no one until the Semis. That's where the competition starts, basically. And we were embarrassed by Atletico who played the entire away leg with 10 men.

BS221B wrote:"Abomination of a squad" lol, never Emery's fault.

If we had Sarri, we couldve been challenging the title now. Sarrismo football style is fit us like a glove.

The same guy who's level on points with Emery right now but with a considerably better squad?

I refuse to believe you're not trolling?
Last edited by Jedi on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BS221B » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Jedi wrote:

If we had Sarri, we couldve been challenging the title now. Sarrismo football style is fit us like a glove.

The same guy who's level on points with Emery right now but with a considerably better squad?

There is only two footballers on Chelsea who can play Sarri's football: Hazard and Jorginho.

Where on Arsenal, more than half of the squad suits Sarri's football. Our squad is very similar to his Napoli.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Jedi wrote:
Santi wrote:Again, same abomination of a squad that daddy wenger got to the semi, lost by 1 goal to the winners due to a fvcking lucky bounce/defensive error and then we added 70m worth of talent to.

Do you think Emery will get knocked out by some Romanian pubbers or a mid table Serie A team? We played no one until the Semis. That's where the competition starts, basically. And we were embarrassed by Atletico who played the entire away leg with 10 men.

How were we embarrassed? First of all we took the game to them in the first leg and could've easily been a few goals up and probably should've been, but lets ignore that shall we? They got a red card and are the best team equipped to deal with it because they already play so f***ing defensive they know exactly how to cover the gap created.
We went 1-0 up eventually and then unfortunately conceded a shit goal.

We also gave a decent account of it at the Wanda, a very tough place to go and lost by 1 goal. So how exactly is it an abomination of a squad now when Emery has the extra power of Auba (EL), Torreira, Papa, Leno, Guendouzi and Lichtsteiner? Okay the latter looks pretty shit but better than not having a backup for Bellerin.

The point is not who we faced, it's that Emery has to AT LEAST get to the EL semi to have done anything worthwhile. Wenger in his shittest form with his shittest ever team did it. People like to keep reminding us how bad Wenger was or how bad the squad is but if it's so easy then let's watch Emery win it shall we? I'll be happy if he does but that's his only remaining hope for me.

I don't really give a f**k what Wenger did last year anymore, it's just that people act like this squad is shit when it's not. Perfectly capable of 4th place and perfectly capable of winning EL.
Last edited by Santi on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 pm

BS221B wrote:
Jedi wrote:

There is only two footballers on Chelsea who can play Sarri's football: Hazard and Jorginho.

Where on Arsenal, more than half of the squad suits Sarri's football. Our squad is very similar to his Napoli.

Why did he join them and not us, then? Must be a shit manager if his system doesn't work for 90% of the players in his team.

More likely you're just overrating him and he's done an average job so far.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Has a glorified scout leaving ever been mourned this much anywhere else?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby BS221B » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Jedi wrote:
BS221B wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Why did he join them and not us, then? Must be a shit manager if his system doesn't work for 90% of the players in his team.

More likely you're just overrating him and he's done an average job so far.

Because Gazidis is a tool.

Is Klopp a shit manager as well? When he arrived at Liverpool, 80% of the squad didnt fit in his system. He changed them over the years. Sarri wouldnt have such problem here. Like i said, Sarri fit us like a glove.
Last edited by BS221B on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football