Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 am

Santi wrote:Lol at bringing up chelsea, they have f***ing mason mount and Tammy Abraham leading them to top 4 while were playing with Özil Laca and auba but can’t get anywhere near it.

Face it, even f***ing lampard is a better manager than emery.

Glad to see there are still some posters who have some f***ing sense!! Can't argue with a word of this.

But but but, our players are shit.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:Lol at bringing up chelsea, they have f***ing mason mount and Tammy Abraham leading them to top 4 while were playing with Özil Laca and auba but can’t get anywhere near it.

Glad to see there are still some posters who have some f***ing sense!! Can't argue with a word of this.

But but but, our players are shit.

Results speak for themselves no matter how painful viewing that may be.

The fact of the matter is Emery is not a strong enough character or Manager to handle a bunch of supposed top tier players which is why he can't turn our form around.

This is end of Wenger era level performances which is exactly the sort of situation and form we were trying to improve on.

He needs to go, but as he's here for the immediate future his only chance of improving things imo is the 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 he played last year because that's the only formation where we have enough security to warm up into a game.

It worked ok most of the time last year and even though not my favourite, Emery and the players have failed spectacularly with 4-3-3 and I'm not sure 4-2-1-3 will be much better.

The sooner we get an appropriate manager who will take us further the better, I think last year is the best Emery can do for us, if anything his weird choices and backing Xhaka has made us even worse this year, absolute failure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:34 pm

↑ Not 4-2-1-3, but the 4-3-1-2 is what Emery has been trying.

"4-2-1-3" is not really a formation; it's an unusual way to describe a regular 4-3-3 that has a double DM/CM-pivot with one more advanced CM/AM.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby RW_0 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:01 am

I'd love Poch at Arsenal.

He's the closest manager I've seen to a young Wenger (1996-06) in terms of attacking football and enhancing youth talent.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Hybrid47 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 am

Poch would be a huge success here! It's only a matter of time until he starts winning some honours.

Imagine him getting the best out of Matteo - Torreira - Martinelli etc :arse fan:
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Hybrid47 wrote:Poch would be a huge success here! It's only a matter of time until he starts winning some honours.

Imagine him getting the best out of Matteo - Torreira - Martinelli etc :arse fan:

His first trophy will be with Bayern. A team that's guaranteed to win the league even if they didn't have a manager.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:39 pm

I really cannot believe he is still here. And even worse is that the briefings are that Raul & co are backing him to the hilt

He might just be the shittest manager I’ve ever seen
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Sims wrote:I really cannot believe he is still here. And even worse is that the briefings are that Raul & co are backing him to the hilt

Thats because youre about 4.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:43 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:I really cannot believe he is still here. And even worse is that the briefings are that Raul & co are backing him to the hilt

Thats because youre about 4.

A 4 year old would do better than this prick tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:48 pm

I feel kinda conflicted here.

One part of me thinks he will remain until UCL football isn't achievable.

Another part feels that if he drops points in the next 2-3 Prem games, Raul will have a task of saving his own job, and for that, he will have to wield the axe.

Food for thought: if the next manager fails, questions will be asked of Sanllehi's competence. As long as Unai is here, Raul's assessment won't be negative. He can always hide behind, "values," "patience," and, "the Arsenal way."
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Your boy pochettino says hi
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:35 pm

This is no longer on Emery. Emery is who Emery is. Everyone knows he’s not good enough. This is on Raul now for letting this happen. He should’ve been sacked after Palace. He’s being allowed to continue and it’s not his fault.

Raul should have sacked him after Palace. How he’s been allowed to continue is scandalous. Raul has blood on his hands. Everyone knows Emery is done out ere. It’s not his fault anymore. This is on Raul.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 pm

I don't like Mason Mount at all but he's much better than Mesut Ozil right now. I'd swap him for Ozil with no hesitation, not that Mount is going to even get close to peak Ozil in his career but right now he is much better player in every aspect bar maybe passing! Chelsea have a better team than us anyway and a much better balanced squad.

Anyway Guillem Balague may well be sticking up for his Spanish compatriot but at least makes one good point bout how shit our midfield is and again how poor Ozil is now in reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu1tUUEGEiE

Whats embarrassing is some of the moronic comments from people who didn't even listen what what he said and just parrot crap. Balague is spot on about one thing regarding our midfield isn't good enough to win the ball back high up the pitch like last season, we don't have the players to do this yet fans are too stupid to learn why.

I don't agree with the whole give Emery time because he failed to use that time to buy the midfield we need to compete and hasn't shown the strength need to assert his philosophy on the side over this summer.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Ach wrote:

Poch is many levels better than Emery.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 pm

swipe right wrote:
Ach wrote:

Poch is many levels better than Emery.

:rofll:

Never change
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football