Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby gooney » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am

Goonerz wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I hope he gets his act together and soon, the knives are out for him already and after the last performance I can see why, for me the jury is still out on him but saying that is doesn't mean I am happy with his management of the team so far however , its still only a few games into the season. BUT like a few I want to see major changes in attitude and commitment in this team. We seem so disjointed, with some of our best players coming back this hopefully might sort things out I hope so otherwise he has a shitstorm coming his way.

This is the maturity we so need.
Be objective in your assessments.
Some of us gave Emery a honeymoon period last season and promised to hold him more accountable this season.
He is walking on very thin ice with me right now. I absolutely don’t see what improvements he has made. We looked worse in this Watford game than at any other time since he became manager.

Everyone just looks lost and confused in the team. Emery himself seems to be even more confused than anyone else.

He needs to fix up or knives will be out from even us Moderates.

Moderate? What kind of football fan call himself moderate? Only at Arsenal lol. You and Nuggets say the most stupid things. I hope he can fix it. Wtf is hope? You think we dont hope he dont fix it? You didnt think we were hoping Almunia didnt make mistakes? Or Mustafi didnt make mistake?

14 months and you guys cant point to one thing he has done well with this team. 14 months and none of you can tell us what his philosophy is. 14 month and we are breaking least possession records vs lesta, concefe most shots in top 4 leagues in Europe. 14 months and bottom of the league team has 31 shots against us.

If you all care for Arsenal. Tell us what you seen that says he deserve more time and we are rushing in our judgement of wanting him out now.

This is Arsenal football club....not some fvcking league 1 side. I honrstly had enough of pathetic fans like you and Nuggets who are truly cancer to our club and wish we didnt have so many passionless pussies associated with this club. I had enough now. I wont post in this place anymore with weasels like you. Mature my ass. Good bye people
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 am

Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:That shambolic performance wasn't just a result of individual errors and short goal kicks. A team af the bottom of the table having just sacking their manager played us off the park and should have won. We couldn't defend, pass the ball out, zero cohesion or control. What good is all that shouting and all the antics on the touchline? We totally lost control of that game.

It happens. That's football. The champions that has spent billions lost a pub side. That's why we love this game. We didn't even lose ffs. Yeah we were awful 2nd half but Watford are a decent side and have beaten big teams over the years. They had the new manager impetus and even then only scored cosmof 2 ridiculous mistakes which we need to cut out.

We aren't as good as we used to be so no game is easy for us. I always knew it'd be a tough game. I'm not arrogant enough to think we just have to turn up at an awaybground and we'll win.

In doucoure they had a cm better than any of ours and he is a must buy next summer.

Watford are bottom of the table. Mistakes happen and you can drop points to silly teams but that was unacceptable. That is one of the worst performances I've seen from us. I remember seeing games where we look flat and run out of ideas. That second half performance looked like that was the first time they've played football together. Amateurish stuff.

Watford are far from the worst side in the league. It was a terrible half. I'm not denying that but new manager, players eager to impress all comes in to it.

If that's the worst you've seen us play then I imagine you haven't seen the drubbings we've taken over the past decade or so.

We were shit. Individual mistakes are costing us and it's a worry but we are in an epic rebuilding job and it will take time. Not a season and 5 games. That's no time at all.

In games where we have have taken a beating, it's at least against a much better side and I can understand how the team have mentally folded before a ball has been kicked. We've also dropped sides to teams that we shouldn't have but in most cases it's a smash and grab or you can at least see the opposition start to get under our skin if they're too physical for us.

This is something else. It's a complete systematic breakdown and from a very small incident. Even in some of our worst performances, a team has never had 31 shots on our goal like that. The players breaking down mentally like that against Watford should set the alarm bells off. We were two goals up and it was wasn't just a case of individual errors costing us, we were shocking in all departments and they lost their heads. Zero game management and no leadership.

The season has just started but if we look back to how we ended last season, we've only managed 3 wins in our last 10 games. The football isn't getting better. We look worse.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm

gooney wrote:One thing i wont do is criticize the players for the first goal. If the manager insist on playing russian roulette infront of your goal every time. Its bound to cost you. We had so many warning first 5 games before this goal came.

So you blame Pep rather than Otamendi?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Godlop » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Sims wrote:
Sims wrote:

Thread on Emery, click it

“Few managers can snatch a loss or a draw from the jaws of victory”

It was written

Raul is one clueless dude.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Mess wrote:But how are you supposed to win when your players literally gift goals every single games, serious question. I'm not saying his tactics are stellar by any means but this squad gifts an astonishing numbers of goals. Klopp had the same problem in his first year at Liverpool (and no, i'm not comparing Emery to Klopp).

Yesterday was game 63 for emery at Arsenal
Game 70 for klopp at Liverpool was at Bournemouth
Liverpool led 3-1 with 14 minutes to go
Final score
Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Sims wrote:
Ach wrote:Thenrut started long before emery came along. We improved last season and there's a lot more work to do

Hopefully that is emery developing a tumour in the next two weeks

Grow up you f***ing idiot
starmandb

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Headline: Unai Emery Needs to Answer Serious Questions About Arsenal's Defence Before it Costs Him His Job

[url]https://www.90min.com/posts/6456037-unai-emery-needs-to-answer-serious-questions-about-arsenal-s-defence-before-it-costs-him-his-job?view_source=teams_page&view_medium=[arsenal][/url]

Pieces

"Do you look at the recruitment department for answers? They clearly had plenty of money to work with, but decided to spend incredibly heavily on Nicolas Pepe, despite already having a pretty exciting attack to begin with.

​Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and ​Alexandre Lacazette have been prolific in the ​Premier League, so that money should have been spent in defence. Opta noted that the Gunners have made 14 errors which have led to goals since the start of last season, and no other ​Premier League side has made more."

They needed an elite centre-back even before Laurent Koscielny pushed for an exit, but they just decided not to bother looking. Instead, they waited until the last minute to push for ​Luiz

However, the criticism cannot be solely focused on the defenders. Manager Unai Emery needs to stand up and take the blame as well.

His tactics saw Arsenal make error after error last season, and things haven't changed this time around. There's an obvious flaw to Emery's love of playing out from the back, but he seems to be oblivious to it all."

Time....Man United end of this Month...

10 matches... thats a standard Lithmus test,
along with performance against the Original TOP6 from last season.

we'll see.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:03 pm

United are f***ing dreadful as well, imagine if we lost to them c****
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm

starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:
Ach wrote:Thenrut started long before emery came along. We improved last season and there's a lot more work to do

Couldn't have put it better.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:

Stick to having a wank whenever u see a food bank & spaffing over pictures of Thatcher when she’s in the mud being devoured by maggots mate
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Sims I'm assuming that was a tongue in cheek comment, otherwise that's a pretty messed up thing to say, but lets not start a fight over it please.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Sims wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:

Stick to having a wank whenever u see a food bank & spaffing over pictures of Thatcher when she’s in the mud being devoured by maggots mate

How old are you?

I'm guessing 12.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm

StLGooner wrote:Sims I'm assuming that was a tongue in cheek comment, otherwise that's a pretty messed up thing to say, but lets not start a fight over it please.

Of course it wasn't tongue in cheek.

It's typical of the sort of shit he comes out with.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Jedi wrote:Without Auba and Lacazette to bail us out we'd probably be sitting in bottom 3 right now.

Bail us out?
Highly paid employees of the club
starmandb

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Sims wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:

How old are you?

I'm guessing 12.

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football