Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özil demonstrated very clearly when he was brought on against United that he won’t change his game at all. The same can be said of when he started against Cardiff. And Emery even made him captain for that game. What more could he do to encourage him?

He’s not interested in changing. His attitude is clearly play me the way I play or sell me, or I’ll just sit on my couch and take your money.

We simply cannot allow a situation where every other player in the squad is working to adapt except him.

Mate thats pure pap! Ozil won the ball back at least twice against Cardiff and chased back more times than that. Your hatred of Ozil prevents you from seeing things clearly.

You are the classic Ozil hater. There are loads of players I don't like but I can be fair and unbiased when I judge them and admit when they did something well or had a good game. Likewise I can admit when Ozil was shit - like when he threw himself to the ground at the edge of our box like a big pansie instead of defending the ball!

I have never once indicated any sort of hatred for Özil. On the contrary, I have said several times on this forum that I think he’s a good player.

My belief that he should be sold is based purely on footballing reasons. I think he’s a fair weather player, who only turns up with the sort of contribution that his talent makes him capable of if the rest of the team are playing well. When you have players of that capability, and even make them captain, they should be inspiring others. He on the other hand seems to need inspiration from others before he performs. As well as that is what we have seen from him this season, where he appears to be simply refusing to make any effort to adapt to the new coach’s tactics;- primarily cover more yards and work much more off the ball.

He is a luxury player, who has performed only in flashes since he’s been here. He plays when he feels like it, and drops his head far too easily.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm

thehothead is the biggest fanboy i have ever seen

dear god
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Ozil isn't going anywhere in a hurry. So, going forward, its best to try to integrate him in the side, build up his confidence, and get on with the job for rest of the season.
Its not going to be pretty, w/another 6th spot on the horizon, no cups, and even Europa league looks bleak, as per current form.
So, come summer, the final season report card will be at hand, and we'll see who stays, Unai or Ozil.Who has been the real screw up.
All these discussions about Ozil staying or leaving is absolutely futile, at this stage.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm

The worst thing with emery will be the same issue with wenger. Because use the owner is absent and the board is clueless....he will get so many excuses while he himself is not good enough. Part of the lie we were told were told was he will give youth chance. But its clear he prefers older players. Its criminal saka hasnt got a chance yet as wide player after his promising performance. Ameachi is another one. We have our most promising youth setup in years. But he prefers to play auba out of position. He could give jordi osei-tutu a chance at right back. He is just not a manager that promotes youth
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Dejan wrote:thehothead is the biggest fanboy i have ever seen

dear god

You are the biggest d***head I have ever seen. You f***ing lemming
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:21 pm

looool triggered
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Come on boys play nice!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Interest: waning » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Sorry I thought we were all Arsenal fans.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BS221B » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 pm

gooney wrote:The worst thing with emery will be the same issue with wenger. Because use the owner is absent and the board is clueless....he will get so many excuses while he himself is not good enough. Part of the lie we were told were told was he will give youth chance. But its clear he prefers older players. Its criminal saka hasnt got a chance yet as wide player after his promising performance. Ameachi is another one. We have our most promising youth setup in years. But he prefers to play auba out of position. He could give jordi osei-tutu a chance at right back. He is just not a manager that promotes youth

What you mean by we gooney, you supposed to use we when you talk about spurs since its your favorite team.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:He simply doesn't do enough numbers.

Hazard 15 goals and 10 assists in 30 games.

Ozil 4 goals and 1 assist in 17 games.

It's below par for 350k, he is a million miles away from hazard as a player, he has to go so we can use his wages for other players.

When comparing him to other Prem stars, of course. I agree with you. But if we just confine the argument to Arsenal, who in the squad is performing at the required level? Very few.

The attitude and flaws that are supposedly keeping Ozil out the team are on display almost each week from individuals that still get picked to play by Emery. That's what I find unfair and hypocritical from the manager. How many brain farts and mistakes have Mustafi and Xhaka made already this season? Some questionable performances from plenty but they continue to play and exhibit the same mistakes.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:06 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Dejan wrote:thehothead is the biggest fanboy i have ever seen

dear god

You are the biggest d***head I have ever seen. You f***ing lemming

Rough day at the office?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Manoban » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Who cares if Ozil performs like a 350K player or like a 200K player. He's one of our best players, hence he plays...

It's not like we magically stopped spending money because Ozil signed a new contract. Every year needs a new excuse. I wonder what it will be when Ramsey and Ozil are gone.
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

BS221B wrote:
gooney wrote:The worst thing with emery will be the same issue with wenger. Because use the owner is absent and the board is clueless....he will get so many excuses while he himself is not good enough. Part of the lie we were told were told was he will give youth chance. But its clear he prefers older players. Its criminal saka hasnt got a chance yet as wide player after his promising performance. Ameachi is another one. We have our most promising youth setup in years. But he prefers to play auba out of position. He could give jordi osei-tutu a chance at right back. He is just not a manager that promotes youth

What you mean by we gooney, you supposed to use we when you talk about spurs since its your favorite team.

Im watching my club being dismantled bit by bit and us being left behind for generations. This is not time to be super fan. Because our deterioration is so slow and steady many people dont realise it until its too late
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Interest: waning » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

gooney wrote:
BS221B wrote:

Im watching my club being dismantled bit by bit and us being left behind for generations. This is not time to be super fan. Because our deterioration is so slow and steady many people dont realise it until its too late
I agree. It's painful to watch, and I wonder what the f**k I/we did to deserve it.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Dejan wrote:looool triggered

why you even bother is beyond me...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext