Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal manager

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:And so it begins...
https://youtu.be/l9ixyVyKtuo

Angry moron: "THE REALITY 'ERE IS THIS PRICK IS NOT SPENDING ANY FKING MONEY! WE SPEND 60 70 MILLION... WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE GONE TO A CAR BOOT FKING SALE WITH THE PLAYERS WE BOUGHT!"

Banal interviewer: "So for you, not enough investment in the window..."

:rofll: :rofll:

Seriously... who watches this shit?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Can someone please name some tactical improvements in the City game?

Pressing, although we aint' got it right yet, you can tell we were more lively without the ball.

In game changes, he saw Ozil wasn't working on the wing and moved him centrally and also realized that Xhaka wasn't helping us.

Also, seemed to me he had a plan as far as trying to keep city wide, so they didn't torch us thru the middle.

If a team loses it's not always that tactics or lack of them being the reason for the loss, sometimes the other team is just better, and they are and were on the day.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Angry moron: "THE REALITY 'ERE IS THIS PRICK IS NOT SPENDING ANY FKING MONEY! WE SPEND 60 70 MILLION... WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE GONE TO A CAR BOOT FKING SALE WITH THE PLAYERS WE BOUGHT!"

Couple of hundred thousand gloaters and trolls from rivaling teams who make for more than half of the channel's subscribers.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Mersons at it now, declaring the players aren't mentally strong enough.

What is this sh*t atmosphere around the team? media, ex players, some fans etc? what other club declares a state of emergency after one loss to the Prem Champions?
The players or any players aren't going to want to come to this b*tch us club if this is the way its going to be moving forward.
Its getting out of hand, when Spurs lose a game do every ex player etc all go to war with the club?

Unbelievable.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13080418
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Mersons at it now, declaring the players aren't mentally strong enough.

What is this sh*t atmosphere around the team? media, ex players, some fans etc? what other club declares a state of emergency after one loss to the Prem Champions?
The players or any players aren't going to want to come to this b*tch us club if this is the way its going to be moving forward.
Its getting out of hand, when Spurs lose a game do every ex player etc all go to war with the club?

Unbelievable.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13080418

That brain-addled imbecile has been slagging us for for years.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

These days people's patience is as much as that of a toddler's. After one fecking game and that too against a team which played everyone out of the park last season, people come with their knives out. I hope the club stays strong and blinkers itself from rubbish written and spoken from and some of our former players.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:These days people's patience is as much as that of a toddler's. After one fecking game and that too against a team which played everyone out of the park last season, people come with their knives out. I hope the club stays strong and blinkers itself from rubbish written and spoken from and some of our former players.

Best way are for the fans in the fans in the stadium to voice their support even in the hard times, because that's literally what a "supporter" is supposed to do.

Tbf I feel they did that against City so hats off to the fans.

The only time Emery will fall out of favor with me anytime soon is if he keeps picking players who are failing ........... "if" he does that then there was no point in Wenger going, however with the pressure Emery is under I doubt this will happen, he can't afford to do it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 pm

You expect these type of comments from knee jerk fans and Wenger apologist, but from ex players who have played and should know the game better than us? It's been one f***ing game FFS!! Why do the most idiotic people have the biggest voices?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:These days people's patience is as much as that of a toddler's. After one fecking game and that too against a team which played everyone out of the park last season, people come with their knives out. I hope the club stays strong and blinkers itself from rubbish written and spoken from and some of our former players.

Best way are for the fans in the fans in the stadium to voice their support even in the hard times, because that's literally what a "supporter" is supposed to do.

Tbf I feel they did that against City so hats off to the fans.

The only time Emery will fall out of favor with me anytime soon is if he keeps picking players who are failing ........... "if" he does that then there was no point in Wenger going, however with the pressure Emery is under I doubt this will happen, he can't afford to do it.

Ifs and buts should not dictate the behaviour towards our manager especially in his first season. Everybody has an opinion as to who should start or not, i have one, you have one, manager has to back certain players if he has faith in them cos only he knows the full story. I will criticize the selection but will not spew vitriol ay Emery. That's the subtle difference a mere mortal like me can see but not some of our former players who know million times more about football than me. Shameful really.

First season should be a free pass for Emery. That's when he will settle down properly and execute his vision. We cannot afford to get caught in a managerial merry go around that Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United have gone through in the last few years.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby island_gunner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:52 pm

StLGooner wrote:You expect these type of comments from knee jerk fans and Wenger apologist, but from ex players who have played and should know the game better than us? It's been one f***ing game FFS!! Why do the most idiotic people have the biggest voices?

It's been a mind boggling 48hrs for me since the game. I obviously get Alerts for anything Arsenal related and it's just been somebody else with a ridiculous take.
Lehmann basically said "yes after 22years, things will be New to the players but that we don't need to Rebuild. Emery has been given an almost perfect situation" :BangHead: :rofll:

I mean I think I just gonna ease off the news/reports til Friday because this is crazy
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Every interviewer asks banal questions !! "Tell us, how what would a win on the first day of the season do for moral and as a statement for the club going forward".

All interviewers should be fined for asking dumb f**k questions.

Captain Obvious.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:08 pm

StLGooner wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:Can someone please name some tactical improvements in the City game?

Pressing, although we aint' got it right yet, you can tell we were more lively without the ball.

In game changes, he saw Ozil wasn't working on the wing and moved him centrally and also realized that Xhaka wasn't helping us.

Also, seemed to me he had a plan as far as trying to keep city wide, so they didn't torch us thru the middle.

If a team loses it's not always that tactics or lack of them being the reason for the loss, sometimes the other team is just better, and they are and were on the day.

These are small improvements to me. In the grand scheme of things the same problems remain: we are very poor on the ball and our defence remains shaky.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:12 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

These are small improvements to me. In the grand scheme of things the same problems remain: we are very poor on the ball and our defence remains shaky.

It's been one f***ing game! We still don't know shit about how we're going to play, playing against the best team in the league isn't a good measuring stick FFS!! This isn't hard to understand people! Jeez!! :BangHead:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 pm

When you are put under intense pressure from a side like City the players will have an enormous task to express themselves and play their natural game. The same team with same tactics would have looked much much better against a lesser opposition. We are not fighting for title. We haven't spent shit loads. We have worked on transfers on a limited budget. We won't transform in to a well oiled machine overnight. With tactical changes we can only do much. Next year with our regular transfer budget and team having played under Emery there will be a significant step. I hope Emery sets up a base playing philosophy and get the players functioning effectively as a team.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:When you are put under intense pressure from a side like City the players will have an enormous task to express themselves and play their natural game. The same team with same tactics would have looked much much better against a lesser opposition. We are not fighting for title. We haven't spent shit loads. We have worked on transfers on a limited budget. We won't transform in to a well oiled machine overnight. With tactical changes we can only do much. Next year with our regular transfer budget and team having played under Emery there will be a significant step. I hope Emery sets up a base playing philosophy and get the players functioning effectively as a team.

Am I the only one that feels like this should only need explaining to children? Do we need a new age limit in this forum or what? FFS!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football