Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 pm

HEADLINE: Unai Emery reveals the Arsenal change he is making to overhaul Tottenham in top four race
Writer: James Benge
DATE ETC:09:21, 26 AUG 2019
Link
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/fixtures-results/unai-emery-reveals-arsenal-change-16816397

38 Games...I have to back him Until!, he KNOWS...he Know its TOP4 or OUT!!!

He's Stressing the 38 games becuase he saw, we SAW & we know, Forget the EUROPA LEAGUE...& that being a 'SURE WAY' we learnd & we know that that was a mistake!

His speech shows me that he's learned from THAT mistake...specifically of Shiping the Top4 by Saving players for the Europa League Semis & Final

Thus playing Jenko & CO & losing MOST of the last 5 games where we didn't even have to play ANY 'top6' side...Easiest Run....ended in 5th...

His Speech of '38' Games excludes the UEL games because he Knows...He F'd up last season & we need to focus on the EPL 1ST this season!

EMERY QUOTES from the article

"Now I want to transmit to every supporter we need to be more consistent than last year in 38 matches, be competitive and be with a big mentality not only in the special matches, in every match."

"It's very important to be consistent, create our idea and be strong, improve being competitive in each moment. We need to be strong in the idea of being consistent in 38 matches."

From his speech I gather that those last 5 EPL matches BURNED HIM....

to me He believe that Arsenal B Team should have been able to Evicerate or at least def not LOSE to Anyone Outside of last yrs top6...

That was his ERROR...he should have know & knows NOW that Jenko, Musti & Elneny aren't anykind of TOP QUALITY...

& Thats why he's shipped them out with Extreme Prejudice!...& brought in some Hard workers with quality!

So he knows...Josh said MORE in JAN...I'm hoping for More Deadwood OUT & a few Quality IN's!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:37 pm

my question is this... wtf is gooney allowed to continue when everyone knows he's a phukking troll?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Rather win the Europa than finish top 4 so no problem prioritising that.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:54 pm

gooney wrote:
BS221B wrote:I love it when gooney defending Big Weng.

I wanted weng out before most. But im not gonna use wengers worst time as measurement for new manager. Atleast im consistent. I asked 8 games to go if he fails getting top 4 some ould he be sacked. Most said yes....when he did the excuses came. In fact im gonna make a thread should he be sacked if he fails to get top 4. I bet people will make excuses when he fails. He is hindering this team from using its attacking power with his negative tactics

Why is it you only turn up when we lose? Feck you don't half talk some Shite.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:49 pm

He’s managed us for over sixty games and I can’t think of one standout performance.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:19 pm

No confidence in what he does.
Messing up with a perfectly good bunch of players. Lot of others would have lapped it up.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:31 pm

ag6789 wrote:No confidence in what he does.
Messing up with a perfectly good bunch of players. Lot of others would have lapped it up.

This is messing up?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 pm

swipe right wrote:He’s managed us for over sixty games and I can’t think of one standout performance.

That's because you're still in mourning over wenger and everything looks shit to you atm.

Spurs 4-2
Napoli
Valencia

Didn't stir any emotions in you?

Any of the goals of the month games we bagged didn't get you off your seat?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:03 am

Zedie wrote:
swipe right wrote:He’s managed us for over sixty games and I can’t think of one standout performance.

That's because you're still in mourning over wenger and everything looks shit to you atm.

Spurs 4-2
Napoli
Valencia

Didn't stir any emotions in you?

Any of the goals of the month games we bagged didn't get you off your seat?

Come on zedie. You’re reaching and you know it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:08 am

Here’s the problem with tying to play like Mourinho. You can’t just do it once in a while. You have to do it all 38 games for it to succeed. Prime Mourinho would have shut out Liverpool at Anfield. Why? Because parking the bus and hitting on the counter is his philosophy. He buys players who are good at that. He would not have spiked 100 mil on Saliba and Pepe when we needed a CB and RB. No way he tolerates Luis and AMN in his back four. He would have played this way throughout the season which means drilling the team every week in this philosophy. You cant just train them for one week in parking the bus and expect it to work. And then next week go try something else. Pick a system, a philosophy, stick to it and drill the players in it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 am

Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:

I wanted weng out before most. But im not gonna use wengers worst time as measurement for new manager. Atleast im consistent. I asked 8 games to go if he fails getting top 4 some ould he be sacked. Most said yes....when he did the excuses came. In fact im gonna make a thread should he be sacked if he fails to get top 4. I bet people will make excuses when he fails. He is hindering this team from using its attacking power with his negative tactics

I have been consistent with my stance on him. We didnt play great last 2 games either. His football is dead. I hate fans who ignore any issues when the team wins and just say we won who cares and only later say oh so this is a problem. I said in the summer and will say again I want him to have clear formation and phlosophy and stick to it. Changing every week to suit opposition is nonsense. Which top team does this? emery isnt ahead of every manager who managed top teams and know something they dont know. His tactics are bullsh1t
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:49 am

gooney wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:

I have been consistent with my stance on him. We didnt play great last 2 games either. His football is dead. I hate fans who ignore any issues when the team wins and just say we won who cares and only later say oh so this is a problem. I said in the summer and will say again I want him to have clear formation and philosophy and stick to it. Changing every week to suit opposition is nonsense. Which top team does this? emery isnt ahead of every manager who managed top teams and know something they dont know. His tactics are bullsh1t

I think maybe you are seeking perfection, if so you will always be sadly disappointed, let's give the guy a chance first, considering the sh1te that he inherited and the problems I think he is doing OK. Winning managers are not hatched like eggs they have to learn and sometimes they make mistakes but as long as they learn from them they will get better so lets give the guy a chance at least.
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 am

Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:

I have been consistent with my stance on him. We didnt play great last 2 games either. His football is dead. I hate fans who ignore any issues when the team wins and just say we won who cares and only later say oh so this is a problem. I said in the summer and will say again I want him to have clear formation and philosophy and stick to it. Changing every week to suit opposition is nonsense. Which top team does this? emery isnt ahead of every manager who managed top teams and know something they dont know. His tactics are bullsh1t

I think maybe you are seeking perfection, if so you will always be sadly disappointed, let's give the guy a chance first, considering the sh1te that he inherited and the problems I think he is doing OK. Winning managers are not hatched like eggs they have to learn and sometimes they make mistakes but as long as they learn from them they will get better so lets give the guy a chance at least.

You might be in the minority with that view. A lot of people said in this thread that he'll come under more scrutiny this season and will be more critical of his performances.

Obviously that doesn't mean writing off a season after 3 games but it does mean being to give an honest assessment on our games without the excuses on what he inherited.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:33 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
gooney wrote:

You might be in the minority with that view. A lot of people said in this thread that he'll come under more scrutiny this season and will be more critical of his performances.

Obviously that doesn't mean writing off a season after 3 games but it does mean being to give an honest assessment on our games without the excuses on what he inherited.

A lot of fans now want instant success, which will not happen, they are fickle keyboard managers who have never managed anything in their life but they think they know better. What he inherited will have an influence on how we play, if we have rubbish players we are not going to do well are we. I am not trying to make excuses for him just pointing out he needs time to sort this shower out. Lets hope he does it sooner than later.
Last edited by Nuggets on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggets

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:34 am

Callum wrote:
swipe right wrote:Sorry but his coaching didn’t show up in this game. They hammered us from the word go.

They controlled possession, but we let them. Our diamond crowded the midfield and forced them wide, and their crosses were routinely dealt with by our defence. Our plan was to bypass the press and make use of our pace up front, which nearly worked on a couple of occasions. If Pepe and Aubameyang's finishing was better we could easily have gone 1-0 up.

You might disagree with this approach but it's clear that there was a plan, even if it didn't pay off. No matter what plan he'd tried, we'd likely have lost as Liverpool are a far better team than us. In the end our poor finishing and some poor defending from Luiz cost us but that's the difference between a good team and a great one.

We let them control possession???

Emery fanaticism at its highest level :rofll:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football