Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal manager

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 am

KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:He'll win us the Europa League, possibly the champions league but we wont be winning the Premier League with him which is why we should have chucked stupid money at Wenger to stay.

They didn't want Wenger to stay though, they pushed him out. He pretty much just got laid off from his job, which is a nice way of saying you're fired.

which i think is a disgrace tbh, ill back Emery because its not his fault hes been given the job and he isnt capable of winning the premier league so i wont jump on his back, I will expect atleast a Europa league or Champions League final as a minimum anything else is a bonus.

You expect at least that from a new manager in a new league. So it would be interesting to hear what you expected from Wenger then? And why when he didn't deliver that is was ok with you?

He's new to the Premier League but not to Europe. Id expect Wenger to keep doing what he was doing at a minimum with a League win or Europa League win as a bonus and its ok with me because he deserved the time and respect for being one of our most successful managers.

Well you would have been disappointed, as most of us were, and so was the board.

Even Wenger himself said he needed to go and should have left sooner.

Wenger could never disappoint me after the success he delivered in his time here.

Even if we got relegated huh?

Can you say brainwashed!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:He'll win us the Europa League, possibly the champions league but we wont be winning the Premier League with him which is why we should have chucked stupid money at Wenger to stay.

They didn't want Wenger to stay though, they pushed him out. He pretty much just got laid off from his job, which is a nice way of saying you're fired.

which i think is a disgrace tbh, ill back Emery because its not his fault hes been given the job and he isnt capable of winning the premier league so i wont jump on his back, I will expect atleast a Europa league or Champions League final as a minimum anything else is a bonus.

You expect at least that from a new manager in a new league. So it would be interesting to hear what you expected from Wenger then? And why when he didn't deliver that is was ok with you?

He's new to the Premier League but not to Europe. Id expect Wenger to keep doing what he was doing at a minimum with a League win or Europa League win as a bonus and its ok with me because he deserved the time and respect for being one of our most successful managers.

He deserved 3 years because of what he achieved
10 years was a piss take
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Well you would have been disappointed, as most of us were, and so was the board.

Wenger could never disappoint me after the success he delivered in his time here.

Missed the last 10 years?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KING-HENRY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 pm

StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Even if we got relegated huh?

Can you say brainwashed!! :dizzy:

Obviously if he got us relegated I would want him to step aside.
KING-HENRY
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby KING-HENRY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Ach wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Missed the last 10 years?

No but we were in a far better position than a lot of clubs.
KING-HENRY
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:32 pm

And that makes his failures ok?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KING-HENRY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm

[url][/url]
Ach wrote:And that makes his failures ok?

The only failure he had was finishing outside the top four and i was willing to let that slide for the success he brought to the club.
KING-HENRY
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 pm

KING-HENRY wrote:[url][/url]

The only failure he had was finishing outside the top four and i was willing to let that slide for the success he brought to the club.

Only? lol

I ask again, missed the last 10 years?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KING-HENRY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Ach wrote:
KING-HENRY wrote:[url][/url]

Only? lol

I ask again, missed the last 10 years?

No expecting him to rack up league titles against money bag clubs like Chelsea and City with United thrown in the mix is deluded.
KING-HENRY
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Leicester say hi
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

theHotHead wrote:Slating, criticising, same thing.

No, it's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I'm starting to feel like we're losing any sight of nuance on the forums.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby KING-HENRY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Ach wrote:Leicester say hi

A one off unbelievable achievement they also didnt have Europe as a distraction that season.
KING-HENRY
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm

3 league titles, 7 FA cups and 20 consecutive top four finishes. Wenger was a manager of the highest pedigree. Among the all time greats. I like Emery but let’s not fool ourselves.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:3 league titles, 7 FA cups and 20 consecutive top four finishes. Wenger was a manager of the highest pedigree. Among the all time greats. I like Emery but let’s not fool ourselves.

Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:3 league titles, 7 FA cups and 20 consecutive top four finishes. Wenger was a manager of the highest pedigree. Among the all time greats. I like Emery but let’s not fool ourselves.

In the last 5 years ............ which manager has had more success?

See you next week.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football