Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery THE DON

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:All I know is whether we fk up or win the EL or get top 4, we're not going any further if Kroenke doesn't fund us to bolster the team.

We are being undone at the crucial stage for one main reason, we have no competent 2nd string players i.e we don't have a squad, we have our first 11 and maybe 2 or 3 players and that's it.

Our 2nd string can't even get a draw against Everton or Crystal Palace ........... so what are they doing for us exactly? water carriers at best.

This has always been my issue with Kroenke and the Board. They’re/have been handicapping the club and manager who I’m sure want more than just qualifying for CL football and the odd FA or League Cup trophy. I don’t know how or if the rules have changed regarding shareholder financing but the budget being touted about that’s available for Emery is insulting especially for a club with our history and position. They need to come up with a way to give Emery more than the rumored budget for the upcoming summer because this season has shown me enough to conclude that Emery is human and not the miracle worker I’m sure they would like him to be.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote: water carriers at best.

and not a Gunga Din among 'em! :snooty:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:10 am

Emery on Mustafi: “In all the season I think he is being consistent.”.
What an honest comment. I really love it. I just wish he will get enough money to get some players that are more suitable for his team. Next season will be much harder even if we make it to CL. Koscielny looked tired after 3 or 4 games in about a week. Monreal did not even start because of the same fitness problem I think. Players like Maitland-Niles, Toreirra, looked tired even when only playing as subs.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:All I know is whether we fk up or win the EL or get top 4, we're not going any further if Kroenke doesn't fund us to bolster the team.

We are being undone at the crucial stage for one main reason, we have no competent 2nd string players i.e we don't have a squad, we have our first 11 and maybe 2 or 3 players and that's it.

Our 2nd string can't even get a draw against Everton or Crystal Palace ........... so what are they doing for us exactly? water carriers at best.

Completely agreed. I don't think Emery would even consider playing Jenkinson and Elneny if he can, just like at the beginning of the season. At 1-1 we can actually seen that Toreirra and Maitland-Niles were not at their best physically. They have only played for a few minutes and already looked tired. Xhaka and Monreal were in an even worse conditioning from what I've heard. Really really sad that we could not even start the game with a better line up.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:32 am

Fran Solo wrote:Emery on Mustafi: “In all the season I think he is being consistent.”.
What an honest comment. I really love it. I just wish he will get enough money to get some players that are more suitable for his team. Next season will be much harder even if we make it to CL. Koscielny looked tired after 3 or 4 games in about a week. Monreal did not even start because of the same fitness problem I think. Players like Maitland-Niles, Toreirra, looked tired even when only playing as subs.

If we do make the CL then this squad will be cut to pieces having to play EPL + CL ... our second string got us through the EL (just about) that won't happen in the CL and if we go all out in the CL then our EPL chances will be gone by Christmas ...

Getting to the CL will mean Kroenke having to sanction another 150m in transfer fees, that or watch us crash to another 10-2 humiliation ... this squad isn't close to challenging for the two top trophies, that's excluding the fact that one of our best midfield players is leaving on a free, and five other squad players will also be out of contract ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:47 am

Yes. Pretty bleak with that scumbag f**k at the helm.

I wonder when the protests will begin against this c***.

(Kroenke, not Emery.)
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:39 am

If this is true then I'm speechless, that doesn't even buy one top player let alone the raft of replacements we need.

"The former Paris Saint-Germain boss is set to have a budget of around £40million to spend – although that could rise to around £75m if he delivers the Gunners into the Champions League"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/24/arsenal- ... s-9296838/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:51 am

Although it's mere newspaper speculation, we can hardly expect the club to announce that Emery has £300m to spend.

That would just encourage selling clubs to up the price.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 am

On raw value, I believe we could spend closer to £100m if we make it into the UCL.

If we don't, it would be £50-60m.

I don't think we can afford to sell anyone, however. We need to buy a box-to-box CM, a winger, and a LB. That is after retaining our current crop. Otherwise, we'd simply be doing what we did during 2004-12. We can let go of the likes of Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Monreal, Jenkinson. Lichtsteiner's contract is up any way, so it doesn't matter.

Bringing in a winger, a CM, and a LB would mean spending £100m in today's market. Probably more. That's unless we pull a rabbit out of the bag.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 am

Anyone noticed how the Ayes and Nays are tied at 16 votes a piece!!

So we are at the latter end of the season and there is no clear support for Emery, on this forum at least.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 am

Of course there is clear support. The poll question has nothing to do with support
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Huh?? How do you work that out?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Does hehave the balls to tryto have a go at wolves and win the game? Orwill weseethe usual 5 defenders this cowards love
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 pm

He won't change his system.

He might adapt it slightly and make tactical changes during the game, but overall we'll play the same system.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby themessiah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 pm

He can't change the system.

Kolasinac isn't a natural full back. Same goes for AMN. Both can't play in a back four.

We need a RB and LB in the summer. Emery doesn't trust Kolasinac and AMN in a back four and Monreal's legs have gone(Keep him a CB cover) lol
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football