Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby RW_0 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Fran Solo wrote:He has improved all the dead woods. And that's enough for me so far.

Yup, Bellerin is starting to look good again after 3 seasons.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

UFGN vindicated

Early days.... too early to say we got our Arsenal back but the Grinch who stole it is gone and it's being nursed back to health
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:41 am

"Sooner or later they will be on the end of a big score - defensively they are all over the place.

"The one thing that gets them out of trouble is that they're always going to score goals. But defensively, they are just not good enough."

Paul Merson

With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Yes, our defense is bad but talk about nitpicking every single time.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:48 am

Angelito wrote:
"Sooner or later they will be on the end of a big score - defensively they are all over the place.

"The one thing that gets them out of trouble is that they're always going to score goals. But defensively, they are just not good enough."

Paul Merson

With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Yes, our defense is bad but talk about nitpicking every single time.

Everyone knows our defence is dodgy. Despite that we're only a few points off the top

Our best central defender is long term injured. Our defence is struggling.... who'd of thunk it?

:rolleyes:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Merse is a moron, who’s shocked
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 pm

He's right though.

Each year our goal is to win the league right? So when thinking about these things you think about the parts of our game that might keep us from doing so, and our defense may be one of them. I don't see the issue of him saying that?

Maybe we'll get better with time, maybe we won't, but right now it doesn't appear good enough. Not a bad thing to say imo.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:36 pm

StLGooner wrote:He's right though.

Each year our goal is to win the league right? So when thinking about these things you think about the parts of our game that might keep us from doing so, and our defense may be one of them. I don't see the issue of him saying that?

Maybe we'll get better with time, maybe we won't, but right now it doesn't appear good enough. Not a bad thing to say imo.

If you put it like that, then fair enough, but Merse hasn’t got enough brain cells to think that deeply!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm

So when someone else says our defense is not good enough or when you think it individually it's ok, but when Merson says it, it's not ok? Got it! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm

He's a chelsea fan and doesn't like us since Wenger kicked him out for being a drunken idiot, and from what I hear he was also asked to leave the Emirates on one match day last season - for being a drunken idiot.

All in all he's an idiot who appears to like to get drunk quiet often. Not someone to take too seriously I'd suggest.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 pm

I predict by the start of next season it will be fixed, if not this January

With a new central defender, Kos back and our other defenders further improved under Emery, I think the problem will disappear

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm

UFGN wrote:

With a new central defender, Kos back and our other defenders further improved under Emery, I think the problem will disappear

I have faith too. It might just be a matter of time and getting use to the system and each other within it. Fingers crossed!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm

UFGN wrote:

It's not just the individual defenders - although that is of course important.

It's the whole way he wants us to play. He seems to be getting his message across. It's great that we've won 9 games on the trot whilst still adapting.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

It's not just the individual defenders - although that is of course important.

It's the whole way he wants us to play. He seems to be getting his message across. It's great that we've won 9 games on the trot whilst still adapting.

If he wants to play "you score 3, we'll score 4" then I'm cool with it, as long as it works

As I've always said, points on the board are all that matter. George Graham with constipation, or Brazil on acid... I genuinely don't care how the 3 points is got.

UFGN

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Exactly, our defence has been poor and we all know if we defend like that against better teams we will get an ass whooping.

People just like to chat shit just because the likes of Merse, Adams and Wrighty tell it like it is and criticise the club it makes them anti Arsenal. Bollox. Most of the time the things Merse says are spot on
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Phil71 wrote:He's a chelsea fan and doesn't like us since Wenger kicked him out for being a drunken idiot, and from what I hear he was also asked to leave the Emirates on one match day last season - for being a drunken idiot.

All in all he's an idiot who appears to like to get drunk quiet often. Not someone to take too seriously I'd suggest.

He's an Arsenal legend you numpty.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football