Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:28 am

starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:To be honest our season ticket holders are a bunch of W****rs. Standing outside trying to sell their tickets to tourists, or the Barbour wearing type from Kent. I’ve always found the Emirates to be a bit disappointing.

I have been a season ticket holder both at Highbury and the Emirates
I have also had family and friends who have been season ticket holders
My now 87 year old uncle used to holiday in August so always missed the first couple of games of the season so he used to give his ticket to another friend or family member to go
He is born and bred in Islington and still lives there and up until recently was still a match going fan( I may even be able to coax him over there again next season. With the new found enthusiasm after getting rid of something that was not working for so long)
He has never worn a Barbour but funny enough I do have one which a brother in law brought but was too big for him so he gave it to me
I wear it sometimes to walk the dogs but it is a bit rubbish because despite keeping you dry round the bod it doesn't have a hood.
I used to find Highbury dissapointing sometimes
Sometimes it was great
Sometimes it was ok
It was all the days in the lives of a football fan

I respect you. But my friend you are in the minority. Look around the Emirates nowadays and you’ll see a different crowd. Posh bankers from the city out to impress clients, visitors to London who consider it a must do event along with visiting Piccadilly Circus and Madam Tussauds etc. Yes every now and then the crowd rises to the occasion but on most days it’s just going through the motions. The average fan has no chance of affording a season ticket anyways so what is one to do.

That's more the world today than an arsenal thing
Go to a concert and rather than living in the moment people are filming so they can post about it somewhere
Who really gives a f**k?
If you are there
You care
Nobody else really does
Go to the cinema
People can't even commit to a 2 hour film without checking the phone
Trying to lose yourself in that world is spoilt by the light of a phone
Go to
The theatre
I have seen actors stop in mid performance because of somebody's phone ringing
People so caught up in their own importance they can't even cross the road nod a head or raise a hand to thank somebody who has stopped to let them cross
That phone is just to important
Fella,s that would banter about nights out they may have had now spend time together finding clips of people they will never know nor care about doing things on a tiny phone screen.
This ain't an arsenal thing
It's a where we are now thing

Brilliant :clap:
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:35 pm

had to admonish a friend who was visiting, who i avent seen in 8 yrs,
to stop looking at her f***ing phone...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Losmeister wrote:had to admonish a friend who was visiting, who i avent seen in 8 yrs,

Maybe she was bored in your company with all the mumbo jumbo you come out with :arse fan:
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 am

DialSquaregooner wrote:
Losmeister wrote:had to admonish a friend who was visiting, who i avent seen in 8 yrs,

Maybe she was bored in your company with all the mumbo jumbo you come out with :arse fan:

That may of been an excuse years ago but its gone way passed that now, these days these b*tches are addicted to it wayyyy before you get there.

Quite frankly I can't stand it but unfortunately its the female equivalent to guys when we first discovered video games.

.......... and its only going to get worse.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 am

I wana Keep Jack,

He's Arsenal spawn, & has good spirit, fight, (can be a bit hot headed but he's a father like Balotelli & no where as volatile!)

he's hardly fit though, but when he is as an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, he is a no.10.

who can't be compared to Granit Xhaka, who is not a DM, by any means, doesn;t have any sort of detective mind like we first say with Le Coq,

Like the kind of premeditated intelligence, interceptions and tackles we see Kante do every week, without injuring himself or his victims.

That is a DM.

but Wenger played both of these guys out of position, not their fault.

Heres to hoping this new Manager 1) Sells Xhaka (box2box midfielder)

2) Replaces him with a real DM (Torreira, Old Stoke guy, William Carvalho, NOT Fellani, etc)

3)Gives Wilshere a new contract which he signs or sets him free, because Jack&Ramsey are the most

INJURY PRONE FOOTBALLERS on Earth.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 am

DialSquaregooner wrote:

pts for mumbo jumboing me :clap:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 am

starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:To be honest our season ticket holders are a bunch of W****rs. Standing outside trying to sell their tickets to tourists, or the Barbour wearing type from Kent. I’ve always found the Emirates to be a bit disappointing.

My now 87 year old uncle used to holiday in August so always missed the first couple of games of the season so he used to give his ticket to another friend or family member to go
He is born and bred in Islington and still lives there and up until recently was still a match going fan( I may even be able to coax him over there again next season. With the new found enthusiasm after getting rid of something that was not working for so long)
He has never worn a Barbour but funny enough I do have one which a brother in law brought but was too big for him so he gave it to me
I wear it sometimes to walk the dogs but it is a bit rubbish because despite keeping you dry round the bod it doesn't have a hood.
Sometimes it was great
Sometimes it was ok

I respect you. But my friend you are in the minority. Look around the Emirates nowadays and you’ll see a different crowd. Posh bankers from the city out to impress clients, visitors to London who consider it a must do event along with visiting Piccadilly Circus and Madam Tussauds etc. Yes every now and then the crowd rises to the occasion but on most days it’s just going through the motions. The average fan has no chance of affording a season ticket anyways so what is one to do.

Go to a concert and rather than living in the moment people are filming so they can post about it somewhere
Who really gives a f**k?
If you are there
You care
Nobody else really does

Go to the cinema
Go to
The theatre
People so caught up in their own importance they can't even cross the road nod a head or raise a hand to thank somebody who has stopped to let them cross
Fella,s that would banter about nights out they may have had now spend time together finding clips of people they will never know nor care about doing things on a tiny phone screen.

Yes, yes and yes, I for one see this as the true mark of the downfall of society in bold.

So many people seem to forget that nobody has time to sit there all day and look at all your photos and everything your doing all day. Times are hard, good jobs are hard to come by especially in big high population places like London (or any big western city) and we have a financial apocalypse sitting there waiting to happen on the elties signal.

The saddest thing is when you aren't obsessed with the phone like me and use it for necessary means only you can see the populations true depression, severe lack of self confidence people have these day which the phone obsession has created and especially those people who walk around 24/7 with headphones in their ears, completely oblivious to what's going on around them, destroying anything which is left of their attention span to comprehend reality, further hardcoding their mindset to be completely engulfed in whatever marxist, social media nonsense spoon fed to them on a daily basis.

I honestly believe this phantom 'Social anxiety' crap should be renamed 'Marxist syndrome' where people become so engulfed with the mindset to be be socially accepted they give into the fear of being different which caused severe anxiety attacks due to lack of self confidence and self awareness needed to handle social situations.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 am

That's a young women thing in general though I think.

From what I've observed a significant number of them rarely take their face out of their phone - even when they're walking down the street.

They're obsessed with them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 am

lol at these oldies

Get with the times
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:00 pm

"get with" teenagers running over mom and baby carriage cos they're looking at their cell while driving? no thanks.
(was in neighborhood where this happened a few years back)
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Ach wrote:lol at these oldies

Get with the times

A formerly great man once said: "Old folks talking bout "back in my day." Well, homie, this is my day."
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 pm

elkanofan wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Sometimes it was great
Sometimes it was ok

Who really gives a f**k?
If you are there
You care
Nobody else really does

Go to the cinema
Go to
The theatre

Yes, yes and yes, I for one see this as the true mark of the downfall of society in bold.

So many people seem to forget that nobody has time to sit there all day and look at all your photos and everything your doing all day. Times are hard, good jobs are hard to come by especially in big high population places like London (or any big western city) and we have a financial apocalypse sitting there waiting to happen on the elties signal.

The saddest thing is when you aren't obsessed with the phone like me and use it for necessary means only you can see the populations true depression, severe lack of self confidence people have these day which the phone obsession has created and especially those people who walk around 24/7 with headphones in their ears, completely oblivious to what's going on around them, destroying anything which is left of their attention span to comprehend reality, further hardcoding their mindset to be completely engulfed in whatever marxist, social media nonsense spoon fed to them on a daily basis.

I honestly believe this phantom 'Social anxiety' crap should be renamed 'Marxist syndrome' where people become so engulfed with the mindset to be be socially accepted they give into the fear of being different which caused severe anxiety attacks due to lack of self confidence and self awareness needed to handle social situations.
lmao why did you just randomly start saying Marxist for no reason
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I have to agree, no matter whether your "old school" or young, there's no getting around it, online phone usage is out of hand.

The great Dave Chappelle once said ...........

"I come from a dark time compared to you youngsters, when I was young you had to answer the phone before you knew who was calling you".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 am

I saw online the other day, the Chinese have put 'smart phone lanes' on the pavements in some big cities, as the problem is so bad.

I was in Singapore last year, and I must admit the phenomenon was much worse than in the UK. People walking down the road watching films on their phones.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am

Phil71 wrote:I saw online the other day, the Chinese have put 'smart phone lanes' on the pavements in some big cities, as the problem is so bad.

I was in Singapore last year, and I must admit the phenomenon was much worse than in the UK. People walking down the road watching films on their phones.

I do that all the time here tbh on the way home from work
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football