Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby Sims » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Yeah the only changes Unai is making is on the pitch

He’s not heavily involved with player recruitment, if Arsene was still here and accepted the new set up we’d still be making the same signings

Vamos Unai
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Santi wrote:First proper summer window for Mislintat and Sanllehi, nothing to say it would’ve been any different with Wenger here. The man is gone stop finding ways to moan about him and still blame him for shit.

Unai is here, it’s a new era let’s just move on and enjoy it !

Amen to that, some people can't just let go.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Santi wrote:First proper summer window for Mislintat and Sanllehi, nothing to say it would’ve been any different with Wenger here. The man is gone stop finding ways to moan about him and still blame him for shit.

Yeah .......... except for 22 years of experiencing different, when have we ever made 4-5 signings by end of July?

I agree we move on with Emery but why should we sweep Wenger's failings under the carpet when some posters act like he was hard done by?

The agreement will be this, people won't bring up Wenger if others stop interjecting his name all the time.

"If Wenger made these signings you'd all be moaning"

If you really think that we'd moan about Torriea, Mkhitarayan, Aubamaeyang, Litzch as a back up and Leno then you're a fkin idiot, did we not back even against our better judgement the Welbeck deal and a host of other underwhelming Wenger transfers?

I know that sounds harsh but i'm sick of Wengerites dragging his name up then having a go that we don't move on and stop bashing him in the same breath.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

But we haven't had 22 years with this recruitment structure in place, I agree we had a lot of windows where Wenger seemed to drag his feet with signings (if you assume he had the control which it appeared he did) but there's literally 0 fair comparison because of the new structure in place, these signings would've been done and dusted even if Wenger was here I believe.

His control was taken away, we got Auba, Mkhi and Mavropanos in January. No reason to believe we wouldn't have filled the holes even if he was here.

Alas I don't really care cos he's not and we're moving forward but just a bit tired of the man being slagged off for absolutely everything. Gonna just ignore it from now on because it's time to move on, whether you wanted him gone or not.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Santi wrote:But we haven't had 22 years with this recruitment structure in place, I agree we had a lot of windows where Wenger seemed to drag his feet with signings (if you assume he had the control which it appeared he did) but there's literally 0 fair comparison because of the new structure in place, these signings would've been done and dusted even if Wenger was here I believe.

His control was taken away, we got Auba, Mkhi and Mavropanos in January. No reason to believe we wouldn't have filled the holes even if he was here.

Alas I don't really care cos he's not and we're moving forward but just a bit tired of the man being slagged off for absolutely everything. Gonna just ignore it from now on because it's time to move on, whether you wanted him gone or not.

What your saying is correct (apart from I feel Wenger held up the Auba sale while be protested having to sell Giroud) but there's a reason Wenger is no longer here.

Wenger without absolute control would not be compatible and we all know that such is his ego.

But as we've said I agree to stop discussing him, it doesn't serve us moving forward.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:11 pm

:hail: :clap: Santi and Dg showing how good a forum GW can be.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lol » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

lol
Michael Thomas

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 am

You miss the point, Wenger was opposed to the changes in structure so had Wenger still been the man with 10 fingers in 10 pies like he used to be, we would be waiting until 4 days before the end of the transfer window, trying to get players at bargain basement prices. The new structure is what we are all pleased about, its my right to compare "then and now". I WILL blame him for shit because it is his fault. The new regime highlights it.

As Chuck D once said, you can't say you have cleaned up the yard if you have not cleaned up the back yard too !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah .......... except for 22 years of experiencing different, when have we ever made 4-5 signings by end of July?

I agree we move on with Emery but why should we sweep Wenger's failings under the carpet when some posters act like he was hard done by?

The agreement will be this, people won't bring up Wenger if others stop interjecting his name all the time.

"If Wenger made these signings you'd all be moaning"

If you really think that we'd moan about Torriea, Mkhitarayan, Aubamaeyang, Litzch as a back up and Leno then you're a fkin idiot, did we not back even against our better judgement the Welbeck deal and a host of other underwhelming Wenger transfers?

I know that sounds harsh but i'm sick of Wengerites dragging his name up then having a go that we don't move on and stop bashing him in the same breath.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:26 am

Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery ready to sell SIX first-team stars

ARSENAL boss Unai Emery is reportedly ready to trim down his squad with Danny Welbeck and David Ospina’s futures in doubt.

So the king of the scuff goals could be going lol I am liking our new manager more and more lol
Nuggets

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 am

If he sells Welbeck for money on top of everything else we've done this year, I'll get Emery's name tattooed on my penis
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:59 am

If he tries to sell King Welbeck he needs to be sacked immediately.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ting-video

So simple and basic but stuff we've been without for so long, proper player coaching.

Absolutely buzzing for the new season, I know we'll likely call a loss to City and co on our first few games but as long as I can see some fight in the team (and I believe we will) then I'll be happy for now.

A draw or nick a win would be lovely though just to make a marker for the season although might be asking too much from Unai's first match.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 pm

UFGN wrote:If he sells Welbeck for money on top of everything else we've done this year, I'll get Emery's name tattooed on my penis

QFT

Also, Unai or Emery?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/990027/Unai-Emery-Arsenal-touchline-shouting-video

So simple and basic but stuff we've been without for so long, proper player coaching.

Absolutely buzzing for the new season, I know we'll likely call a loss to City and co on our first few games but as long as I can see some fight in the team (and I believe we will) then I'll be happy for now.

A draw or nick a win would be lovely though just to make a marker for the season although might be asking too much from Unai's first match.

Can't decide if it's a shame or a blessing, we could get two hard fixtures out the way without any real expectation of victory and then not have to face them for ages. At the same time it'd be nice to get off to a good start and face these twats when our guys are really firing.

Best scenario is we f***ing destroy them both in game 1 and 2. :arse fan: :arse fan:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football