OLD DEFENSE OUT : RESPECT the BGF & Cap Kos but its TIME!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: OLD DEFENSE OUT : RESPECT the BGF & Cap Kos but its TIME

Postby Arsenalthebest » Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 am

Zanatos3 wrote:
Arsenalthebest wrote:I would be very surprised if Mustafi is going anywhere as much as some want him replaced, firstly do Arsenal have the funds to replace most of the defensive areas that need improving, I doubt it, besides I think some players such as Mustafi/Xhaka should get 1 more season under a new manager to see if they improve.

At most I think we will get just 1 top CB to replace the injured Koscielny.
A new keeper
And either a new LB/RB option.
Hopefully a DM as well

Nope, Nope, Nope, I will not accept the current low standards Arsenal has you mind in.

Xhaka is not a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER, not a general, nothing close to a Matic or Ngolo KANTE.

we used to have Vieira

we used to have Alex Song

we used to have Francis Coquelin

these guys are Real defensive midfielders, with a keen mind, that can deconstruct an attack, steal a ball from an attacker in flight

regain possession & start an attack immediately!!!

Almost 100% of the time, when Kante steals a ball, regains possesion, the next pass is ALWAYS, ALWAYS to a Chelsea blue shirt!!!

Without fail, never has a bad match in terms of spirit or errant play.

Xhaka
has misplaced so many passes in his Arsenal career that we should charge him with Purgery,

[ but it Wenger who bought a box2box midfielder & tried to convert him into a DM...]

& he doesn't tackle, or regain posession,

In the end of the day we need STEEL a General in the midfield, a genuine leader and smart tactical defensive midfielder this summer!

God pls bring us one or two!!!

Perhaps you should read my post a bit more clearly instead of going on a long rant.

I did NOT say we don't need a DM, I just pointed out that most players will likely be given more time under a new manager, I know we need to strengthen in some key areas such as the central and midfield defensive areas.
If you think we are going to just ship out all our average players in one go this summer and replace them with quality players you are living in dream land.
Arsenalthebest

Postby Zanatos3 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 am

Arsenalthebest wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
Arsenalthebest wrote:I would be very surprised if Mustafi is going anywhere as much as some want him replaced, firstly do Arsenal have the funds to replace most of the defensive areas that need improving, I doubt it, besides I think some players such as Mustafi/Xhaka should get 1 more season under a new manager to see if they improve.

A new keeper
Hopefully a DM as well

Nope, Nope, Nope, I will not accept the current low standards Arsenal has you mind in.

Xhaka is not a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER, not a general, nothing close to a Matic or Ngolo KANTE.

we used to have Vieira

these guys are Real defensive midfielders, with a keen mind, that can deconstruct an attack, steal a ball from an attacker in flight

Almost 100% of the time, when Kante steals a ball, regains possesion, the next pass is ALWAYS, ALWAYS to a Chelsea blue shirt!!!

Xhaka
has misplaced so many passes in his Arsenal career that we should charge him with Purgery,

[ but it Wenger who bought a box2box midfielder & tried to convert him into a DM...]

In the end of the day we need STEEL a General in the midfield, a genuine leader and smart tactical defensive midfielder this summer!

Perhaps you should read my post a bit more clearly instead of going on a long rant.

I did NOT say we don't need a DM, I just pointed out that most players will likely be given more time under a new manager, I know we need to strengthen in some key areas such as the central and midfield defensive areas.
If you think we are going to just ship out all our average players in one go this summer and replace them with quality players you are living in dream land.

True, cant build back Rome in a day, or two transfer windows, heard some of the Wenger staff is being sent to walk the plank!!! I'm glad

We Definitely need a new defensive coach along with the new manager, Bould was an invincible,

but he needs to go and tend to his grand kinds or a lawn or something!

[Because our 'DEFENSE' is THE JOKE of football - Brazil got beat 7-1 ONCE, we get beat by everyone several times, consistently]
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 am

Zanatos3 wrote:
Arsenalthebest wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:

A new keeper
Hopefully a DM as well

we used to have Vieira

Xhaka

True, cant build back Rome in a day, or two transfer windows, heard some of the Wenger staff is being sent to walk the plank!!! I'm glad

We Definitely need a new defensive coach along with the new manager, Bould was an invincible,

but he needs to go and tend to his grand kinds or a lawn or something!

[Because our 'DEFENSE' is THE JOKE of football - Brazil got beat 7-1 ONCE, we get beat by everyone several times, consistently]

Steve bould won 3 league titles, 2 fa cups, a cup winners cup and a league cup with us as a player but by the time of the 03/04 season he was a youth coach for us
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk