What is an acceptable season?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: What is an acceptable season?

Postby Pudpop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Top 5 is acceptable, top 4 or CL spot is a highly successful first season considering transition, lack of investment and where we were last season.

6th place will feel a bit meh, but how can I string Emery up for duplicating what Wenger managed after 20 years of controlling and choosing this squad.

I'm looking forward to summer window because the one thing Emery / Sven is good at is truly identifying where we're short or need improving and with some actual money it'll be good to see who AFC tries to buy.

Next season will be where I measure what AFC is doing, when we've moved on more of Wenger's players.

Sven is gone mate
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Pudpop wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Top 5 is acceptable, top 4 or CL spot is a highly successful first season considering transition, lack of investment and where we were last season.

6th place will feel a bit meh, but how can I string Emery up for duplicating what Wenger managed after 20 years of controlling and choosing this squad.

I'm looking forward to summer window because the one thing Emery / Sven is good at is truly identifying where we're short or need improving and with some actual money it'll be good to see who AFC tries to buy.

Next season will be where I measure what AFC is doing, when we've moved on more of Wenger's players.

Sven is gone mate

I know he's gone but Sven was the one who made all the previous signings so I had to mention him when talking about targets we've acquired .......... otherwise I'd just be another jackass who won't accept that Emery doesn't sign and hasn't signed our players.

Although now it looks as if Raul is working closely with Emery on targets at the moment.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:52 am

Europa Cup win or 4th in Prem.

Anything else is pants.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm

by the way...

so let's say the season ends up unacceptable. does that you mean all disatisfied Goons will go away from here so the rest can discuss AFC like civlised people?

or do we still have to hear your entitled whingeing?

just curious
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk