What is an acceptable season?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: What is an acceptable next season?

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:46 am

UFGN wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
UFGN wrote:Utd are there for the taking.

In current state but you they will just throw £300m and buy their second place again.

Worked well for them last time

Jose is finished

Exactly. I don't see us bridging the gap to City so soon, but I certainly think we SHOULD be competitive against the rest, absolutely.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am

Its a tricky one, as we'd obviously love Emery to hit the ground running, but realistically on paper we look like 5th or 6th at best. So on that basis, 4th would be a bloody good result.

:think:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sydney Gooner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Santi wrote:man i forgot about you and that damn avatar, just slapped my f***ing screen again :rofll:

:biggrin:

Get used to it because I'll be around here more often now that Wenger's out. Up until then I was very indifferent to everything Arsenal but now I'm excited about the future and can't wait for the new season to begin under Emery.
Sydney Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BouncySean » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 am

Angelito wrote:Well here's a fun fact: Arsenal are the only club in English football to have a won a trophy every season since 13/14. :hiding:

Wouldn't want the record to end, would we? :P

We didn't win a trophy this season... Please don't tell me you are counting the community shield as an actual trophy.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:03 am

BouncySean wrote:
Angelito wrote:Well here's a fun fact: Arsenal are the only club in English football to have a won a trophy every season since 13/14. :hiding:

We didn't win a trophy this season... Please don't tell me you are counting the community shield as an actual trophy.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

Winning the lot, except the CL of course.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm

CL Qualification
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby KG3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Top 6 Emery has plenty of rebuilding to do anything else is a bonus, look at United for instance they won the title during Fergie last season and finished 7th the season after obviously that was due to Moyes in a way but even if they bought someone like pep in they would have finished top four at best with the squad Fergie left behind
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:41 am

LMAO wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

You lot are just jealous that we have elite company in Barca, Bayern, Juve, and PSG.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jay1220 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:47 am

We should be looking to make incremental progress every year - cracking top 4 next year and/or winning the EL would constitute be awesome!
jay1220
Liam Brady

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:05 pm

We have to finish in a CL spot.

The 50m budget is bollocks.

£200m in cash reserves which I recall were always touted as funds in case we did fail to qualify for CL.

Club is a mess. Kroenke out.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby weaponx57 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:15 am

Just looking at our transfer plans and budget....i have no optimism for next season...but who knows what happens as the pundits say its football you never know.... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 am

I will maintain my point of view that money is part of what makes a club successful, but clever recruitment is also a part as is good coaching. Is a fallacy hat money is the be all and end all.

So with that said I think if Emery can bring in some players to a) cover what is missing in the squad and b) implement whatever tactics/formations he plans to employ we WILL make a pretty big step forward next season. Even if the transfer budget is low there are plenty of sensible players we can get to make us a better team/squad.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby weaponx57 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Anyone else worried that the Kronkes and Gazidis is just a penny pinching bellend wankmaggot and that will cost us the Prem League for pretty much well forever?

I mean look at what Liverpool has done...when was the last time our club bought like that?
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:25 pm

weaponx57 wrote:Anyone else worried that the Kronkes and Gazidis is just a penny pinching bellend wankmaggot and that will cost us the Prem League for pretty much well forever?

I mean look at what Liverpool has done...when was the last time our club bought like that?

Pool have 2 factors in their favour:

Klopp has gotten them an EL and CL final within 2 seasons of taking the job, and has a record of making excellent buys, Karius being a notable outlier.

They also made a ton of money on their recent transfers. Coutinho sold for almost as much as Mbappe.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk