In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsène

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm

‘08 is what the French call a beautiful betrayal. We played sublime football with a young team and then just as silverware was close at hand we got hacked down at Birmingham. Playwrites could do an epic tragedy with that one.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Sims wrote:Tbf that was the real start of our financial limitations, the jan market was already expensive and I dunno who he could’ve added that would’ve fixed the problem

I think that season was more of a mental issue than a personnel one. The Eduardo injury completely destroyed our young squads mindset, find it really hard to blame Arsene for it

I think that would’ve been his greatest achievement had he won the league that season

The market was nowhere even close to being as inflated as it is now, you could always find some good cheap options
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:‘08 is what the French call a beautiful betrayal. We played sublime football with a young team and then just as silverware was close at hand we got hacked down at Birmingham. Playwrites could do an epic tragedy with that one.

Wherefore art thou striker much?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Byron Gomez » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:00 pm

It's all Clichys fault. No matter what people say Clichy was crap for us.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:39 pm

UFGN wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:‘08 is what the French call a beautiful betrayal. We played sublime football with a young team and then just as silverware was close at hand we got hacked down at Birmingham. Playwrites could do an epic tragedy with that one.

Wherefore art thou striker much?

Et tu UFGN?
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Wenger is a bit like Christ. Everyone wanted him gone as well but then they realized their mistake and now pine for his return.

When you speak of everyone you don't speak for me
I wanted him gone
I don't want him back
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Instead of the classic tragedy crying mask you just use Gallas' crying face.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby starmandb » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:It was a shame that team he was building with cesc, rvp, ade, hleb, nasri, Eduardo didn’t work out. It could’ve been quite special and people may have looked at him in a different light. A combination of bad luck with injuries and financial constraints in the face of unlimited money by other clubs to lure them destroyed that dream.

I do agree.

Had we won the league in 2008 like we should've the trophy drought never happens and Wenger would have cultivated another fine core primed to dominate.

2007/08 Arsenal was peak Wengerball.

That season and the year when Cesc got 15 League goals deserved silverware so bad

Had we deserved silverware we would have got it
Glad to see the back of the excuse culture engendered by Wenger
The Arsenal I grew up loving never knew when they were beaten
starmandb

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:30 pm

starmandb wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Wenger is a bit like Christ. Everyone wanted him gone as well but then they realized their mistake and now pine for his return.

When you speak of everyone you don't speak for me
I wanted him gone
I don't want him back

Closest similarity is that just like with Jesus, Wenger's followers tend to also talk unmitigated amounts of shit
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby starmandb » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Sims wrote:Tbf that was the real start of our financial limitations, the jan market was already expensive and I dunno who he could’ve added that would’ve fixed the problem

I think that season was more of a mental issue than a personnel one. The Eduardo injury completely destroyed our young squads mindset, find it really hard to blame Arsene for it

I think that would’ve been his greatest achievement had he won the league that season

A mindset the he helped to encourage
We have had a captain go to prison
We were docked 2 points in 90/91 and won the league losing once all season
All with young players
Merson
Thomas
Adams
Campbell
Rocastle
Hillier
Jonsson
We were 4 points clear at the top of the table after that Birmingham game
Wenger walking onto pitch picking up gallas
Telling everyone he didn't know how to lift the players was an absolute disgrace
That's when you use us v the world to your advantage
Instead he showed the world we could be got at
It was a disgrace
starmandb

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 pm

starmandb wrote:

A mindset the he helped to encourage
We have had a captain go to prison
We were docked 2 points in 90/91 and won the league losing once all season
All with young players
Merson
Thomas
Adams
Campbell
Rocastle
Hillier
Jonsson
We were 4 points clear at the top of the table after that Birmingham game
Wenger walking onto pitch picking up gallas
Telling everyone he didn't know how to lift the players was an absolute disgrace
That's when you use us v the world to your advantage
Instead he showed the world we could be got at
It was a disgrace
I love starmand. Superb post!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Seeing a teammates career end with one of the worst tackles of all time is a bit different to having ur alchy captain going to prison as well as some docked points

It’s traumatisation
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:12 pm

I don't think we lost because of any trauma, reality is we had injuries, rosicky, rvp, eduardo and we was relying on ade who whilst good at the time, he was never really a world class player, the stats for that season were boosted by two hat tricks against the worst pl team ever, and he had a dip right when we needed him not to.

Also as fantastic as we were, chelsea and united were simply better, more balanced squads
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Sims wrote:Seeing a teammates career end with one of the worst tackles of all time is a bit different to having ur alchy captain going to prison as well as some docked points

It’s traumatisation

Sims your bleeding heart makes me weep with dispare

One of my colleagues is fighting cancer and had his leg amputated a few weeks ago

We visit him at home and wheel him to his local pub. We tell him there's still a job for him, that we're all rooting for him. Then we swallow the horror of it all and go back to work

UFGN

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Seeing Mourinho, I can appreciate that even at his worst, he didn't pull out shtick like I've won more than 19 other managers combined.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club