In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsène

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:31 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Sims wrote:blaming these results on arsene is truly grasping at straws trying to escape from criticising emery at all

People have forgotten that we were a top-4 club under Wenger even during his latter years and won trophies while he was at his worst.

Emery is only getting compared to Wenger of 17/18. Even in 16/17, we got record points for a club not in the top-4 and won the FA Cup.

We will have to win one of the two remaining Cups to have a season better than Wenger's worst season ever at Arsenal.

Perspective.

Perspective? 20 years against 6 months, Mate? And it will be really hard for any coach to win an FA Cup in December.

Brilliant response tbf.

The people mashing on Emery for a draw (when Chelsea lost to leicester) are being as reactive as any WOB ever was and quite frankly an embarrassment.

I can't even believe we're having his conversation if I'm honest, even the fans on AFTV are saying kinder less reactive words, that's how bad some of you look.

Sims wrote:blaming these results on arsene is truly grasping at straws trying to escape from criticising emery at all

Their not blaming Arsene, they're blaming the players he bought.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Bornagain » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

People have forgotten that we were a top-4 club under Wenger even during his latter years and won trophies while he was at his worst.

Emery is only getting compared to Wenger of 17/18. Even in 16/17, we got record points for a club not in the top-4 and won the FA Cup.

We will have to win one of the two remaining Cups to have a season better than Wenger's worst season ever at Arsenal.

Perspective.

Perspective? 20 years against 6 months, Mate? And it will be really hard for any coach to win an FA Cup in December.

Good
so lets compare Wenger's first year at the club with Emery's . That would be fair wouldnt it
Bornagain
Patrick Vieira

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 am

Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Perspective.

Good
so lets compare Wenger's first year at the club with Emery's . That would be fair wouldnt it

Ok

Go back in a time machine and bring back George Graham's back five and Dennis Bergkamp and that sounds fair
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 am

UFGN wrote:
Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Perspective.

Good

Ok

Go back in a time machine and bring back George Graham's back five and Dennis Bergkamp and that sounds fair

Haha! Anyway, why should we compare them? It's ok if some fans do not rate Emery. And I agree that some of his decisions have been questionable. But to say Emery out is way over the top for me. Just look at our form since he came. Yes, we have been lucky at quite a lot of games. And yes, we don't play that well most of the games. But, I don't think we can sack a manager with this kind of result. And please don't compare him to Lopetegui or Mourinho. Madrid and United were dreadful and they deserved to be sacked. We have players to challenge for top four finish and now we are still fifth. Is the 4th position good enough for a team like Arsenal? No, I want us to be the champion. But at this moment I have to accept that we are not as good a before and we still need time to improve, with or without Emery.

Nowadays some Arsenal fans want to sack a manager that lose one match in 17 league games and also want to swap a striker who is the league top scorer. Hmm... Just wow, Man.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bornagain » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Perspective.

Good

Ok

Haha! Anyway, why should we compare them? It's ok if some fans do not rate Emery. And I agree that some of his decisions have been questionable. But to say Emery out is way over the top for me. Just look at our form since he came. Yes, we have been lucky at quite a lot of games. And yes, we don't play that well most of the games. But, I don't think we can sack a manager with this kind of result. And please don't compare him to Lopetegui or Mourinho. Madrid and United were dreadful and they deserved to be sacked. We have players to challenge for top four finish and now we are still fifth. Is the 4th position good enough for a team like Arsenal? No, I want us to be the champion. But at this moment I have to accept that we are not as good a before and we still need time to improve, with or without Emery.

Nowadays some Arsenal fans want to sack a manager that lose one match in 17 league games and also want to swap a striker who is the league top scorer. Hmm... Just wow, Man.

If it looks like a duck , swims like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

Easy to see Emery will fail . Why not save time and money and sack him now ?

There are better coaches out there and the old man is still available
Bornagain
Patrick Vieira

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Perspective.

Good

Ok

Name them... (I remember being on the other end of this game, this'll be fun)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:29 pm

How the hell is it "easy to see Emery will fail" when he's been at the club for 6 months and has had 1 transfer window having inherited an incredibly mediocre set of players (with a couple of exceptions)?

I'm still quite skeptical of him, but can't be calling for his head just yet. Needs at least the next season before we can properly assess how things are going.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Bornagain wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Perspective.

Good

Ok

Name them... (I remember being on the other end of this game, this'll be fun)

Seriously? Why would you feed it?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:56 pm

:shifty:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Tony_Adams wrote::shifty:

Well, you of all people should know better!!

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:06 pm

I think any talk of Emery's position, save a terrible run of form, in the first two seasons should be automatically dismissed as trolling and the poster banned.

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:16 pm

UFGN wrote:I think any talk of Emery's position, save a terrible run of form, in the first two seasons should be automatically dismissed as trolling and the poster banned.
People said similar about the Wenger Out thread when it was started tbf. People should be able to post what they like. If its garbage it'll quickly get shot down.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Tbf seeing Andrew ripped apart under a different name is hilarious
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
UFGN wrote:I think any talk of Emery's position, save a terrible run of form, in the first two seasons should be automatically dismissed as trolling and the poster banned.
People said similar about the Wenger Out thread when it was started tbf. People should be able to post what they like. If its garbage it'll quickly get shot down.

Not the same at all. A manager starting the job always needs time. That's as basic as a kick off after a goal.

This club and this forum have been held back by trolls masquerading badly as fans for too long. They are not genuinely held beliefs, nor are they fans of the club

Time for them to all be rounded up and led into the forrest.

This is a real football club again now.

UFGN

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Angelito wrote:

Perspective.
Why are you ignoring the pathetic 17/18 season?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club