In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsène

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:29 am

UFGN wrote:Fifa deserve him.

Perfect fit if he goes there

In an ideal world, he would definitely be a leading candidate to repair FIFA's conduct and image. But in this world, he'd be falling on deaf ears. He's too clean a person for such a corrupt organization rotten to its core.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:03 am

Anyone who thinks Wenger wouldn't just be another old man complicit in FIFA's corruption has forgotten how much he lied to the fans to protect Stan and the board while he was here.

His image of being 'classy' would go a long way to hide his loose morals, just like it did here
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 am

Pudpop wrote:Anyone who thinks Wenger wouldn't just be another old man complicit in FIFA's corruption has forgotten how much he lied to the fans to protect Stan and the board while he was here.

His image of being 'classy' would go a long way to hide his loose morals, just like it did here

Lying to fans and the wholesale corruption, back handers brown envelopes, favouritism and general criminality that existed and still exists within fifa are two completely different things and I genuinely can't believe some people are actually saying what they're saying.

In 22 years he's not once been caught in any sort of financial extortion of the club or skimming from transfers or any other sort of actual fraud.

Putting Wenger in the same category as blatter and co. Is like comparing an estate agent to an armed robber.

You lot need to behave, especially seeing as we've had past managers that are held up as champions of the club that got sacked for actually robbing from the club even though they were being paid to manage us.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:27 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:Fifa deserve him.

Perfect fit if he goes there

In an ideal world, he would definitely be a leading candidate to repair FIFA's conduct and image. But in this world, he'd be falling on deaf ears. He's too clean a person for such a corrupt organization rotten to its core.

I'd call being a puppet, effectively selling your reputation to be used as a flack jacket by a failure loving board, pretty corrupt

He traded his good name for ~ £100M

Blatter would be proud to have an achievement like that
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Actually hope he gets another top job, does well and shuts a load of people up.

He went shit in the end but you could pick out key moments over the last 10 years that lead to it and all he wanted to do was rectify his f**k ups (Europa League in his final season would've been great) but just kept compounding it whilst still being very stubborn in his ways. Kinda selfish, kinda desperate but really don't believe he did anything or took any decisions from a bad place so only wish him well now he's moved on.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Pudpop wrote:Anyone who thinks Wenger wouldn't just be another old man complicit in FIFA's corruption has forgotten how much he lied to the fans to protect Stan and the board while he was here.

he was on the verge of quitting football after the match-fixing scandal in Marseille whilst he was at Monaco, absolutely no way he stands for FIFA's foolishness
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Santi wrote:Actually hope he gets another top job, does well and shuts a load of people up.

He went shit in the end but you could pick out key moments over the last 10 years that lead to it and all he wanted to do was rectify his f**k ups (Europa League in his final season would've been great) but just kept compounding it whilst still being very stubborn in his ways. Kinda selfish, kinda desperate but really don't believe he did anything or took any decisions from a bad place so only wish him well now he's moved on.

Very gentleman like of you.

For me, couldn't give a shit what he does. He can rot or he can take over another club and do well. Who cares? As long as hes out of here and he is.

I never see cancer patient survivors wish cancer well after they get rid of it.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Hard to hate on him he is our greatest manager but I can't help feel he put his own desires and needs before the clubs and used us hardcore post Highbury, leaves a bitter taste.

He probably would have stayed another 5 years if allowed lol
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Just not the same Arsenal without Arsène .
Not interesting in any way

I‘m out
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Bye, don't come back
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Just not the same Arsenal without Arsène .

I‘m out

Peace be with you.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:39 am

I‘m out

Hahaha. You'll be back when we have a sticky period.

In all honestly, this is your worst nightmare right now isn't it? Arsenal winning games, and being shown up for all those years of total shite you talked.

Careful what you wish for. Nice one, see you when we lose.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:16 am

I‘m out

I'm ecstatic roundabout now.

Only because it just confirms what Arsenal fans knew all along during these years of back and forth arguing ........... that a good sized section of Wenger's acolytes are not, were not and never have been true Arsenal fans.

I'm delighted you guys have been outed and true Gooners will never have to share our platform with your type ever again, the fans are united, the team is united and galvanised, long may it continue.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm delighted you guys have been outed and true Gooners will never have to share our platform with your type ever again, the fans are united, the team is united and galvanised, long may it continue.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am

Zedie wrote:

I‘m out

Peace be with you.

Reaarange the following

Right - Off - f**k
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club