In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Wenger's Legacy - Failure?

Postby FrustratedGooner » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:15 am

My favourite quote is " we have welbeck who is coming back and world class" ladies and gentlemen this is why he never looked for a striker.

I thank him for his past work but it's time we need something new. I am prepared to go thorough new managers and struggle for the first year or two(this should have happened a couple years ago) the longer he stays the harder it will be for our new manager as the squad ages.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:26 am

FrustratedGooner wrote:My favourite quote is " we have welbeck who is coming back and world class" ladies and gentlemen this is why he never looked for a striker.

All time great troll statement.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:09 am

Nah the troll only comes in when he announces Welbeck's setback
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby johnnygunner44 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am

making Squillaci captain vs chelsea ... enough said
johnnygunner44
Michael Thomas

Postby weaponx57 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:16 am

Guess we need to fold and request russian or arab money to win the league.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:23 am

No his positive work will always overshadow this sh!tshow of the last 10 years.

Invincibles alone will be enough for him to remain as a legend.

The utter shame is the amount of work he's done to undo his good work and tarnish what would've been a great fondness from all supporters even despite the lack of European trophy. It will be a sad day when he is gone but it will also be a risk worth taking and somewhat joyous day at the same time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I will go into more detail when I have time, his legacy is one of failure!

Yes he achieved great things but it could have and should have been so much more, he became arrogant and complacent then began to lie to the fans and became a habitual complainer never taking responsibility for his mistakes.

As UFGN said - F*CK HIM AND HIS LEGACY
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jack The Ripper » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:15 pm

he has been a failure. he built all his success on George Grahams hard work. Wenger since 2004 has been awful and should have been sacked a long time ago, he is too stubborn and deluded. we want him gone.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby afc92 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm

For me he has dismantled and destroyed his legacy...just look at the embarrassing records arsenal have, stoke away no win against Chelsea in 6 years haven't won at OT since 06 selling your captain to utd and literally handing fergie a nice retirement present. any manager can suffer humiliating defeats but the amount of humiliating defeats in the last 5 years is beyond alarming 4-0 at Southampton 4-0 against a poor AC Milan side 6-0 against Chelsea.. what other 'big' club suffers such pastings on such a regular basis like arsenal.

burying his head when the word injuries come up when its clear something either him or his medical staff are doing that is destroying players look at the way he handled Sanchez hamstring injury last season he said its a case of how much can you push Sanchez...for me that is a comment from a man who has clearly lost the ability to take physical care of his players. tactically he doesn't change anything regardless if its 0-0 and we have been passing the ball from side to side for 70 mins he doesn't change formation mid game just to give the opposition something to think about. then there's the transfer window I like coquelin but he has had a good 6 months and instead of being ruthless and getting a DM to challenge coquelin he leaves us with flamini and arteta giroud has been arsenals only striker for 4 seasons the window he brought ozil lets not forget he did that last minute as we lost against villa at home during that window his only signing was sanogo and flamini both on frees he is done for me he was great but for the past decade he has been living off his legacy big time.
afc92
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Cornish Gooner » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I hear that ticket prices are being increased at the Emerites, and Wenger is saying that the money will used to buy new players.

I would not mind paying the extra if it was used to pay him off, and get rid of this huge burden AFC have been carrying for years.

Maybe there should be a whip-round at the next Arsenal home game, and have an official presentation to AW with the money raised, thanking him for his efforts over the years, and requesting him politely to please leave.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:he has been a failure. he built all his success on George Grahams hard work. Wenger since 2004 has been awful and should have been sacked a long time ago, he is too stubborn and deluded. we want him gone.

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby johnnygunner44 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:32 pm

there's no shame in it. he has lost the hunger and the drive to succeed. think its time he retires.
johnnygunner44
Michael Thomas

Postby Denis_E » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:33 pm

johnnygunner44 wrote:there's no shame in it. he has lost the hunger and the drive to succeed. think its time he retires.

His hunger for 8m a year with no actual job to do remains though....
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby johnnygunner44 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Denis_E wrote:
johnnygunner44 wrote:there's no shame in it. he has lost the hunger and the drive to succeed. think its time he retires.

His hunger for 8m a year with no actual job to do remains though....

yeh sadly agree
johnnygunner44
Michael Thomas

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:19 am

weaponx57 wrote:Guess we need to fold and request russian or arab money to win the league.

Odd how neither Utd or as it appears, Leicester City need to do this. Either way, Usmanov has apparently offered to sugar daddy the club to PL glory in the past, but is apparently too shady to be given any voting rights on how the club is managed.

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club