In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsene

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:30 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Sims wrote:

whos choppin onions

oh piss off sims :crybaby:

The invincibles segment did it for me. Got a huge lump in my throat after that :(
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 pm

He was involved so he can't blame the hierarchy , he will just reveal what restraints he was working under
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Angelito wrote:Arsene has promised that biography.

It's going to be tantalizing.

It won't be because he's not going to reveal anything that places blame on our hierarchy.

Im absolutely convinced he will.

He's dropped many of hints before in the past that he will reveal all one day.

No way does he out anyone.

It will be an airbrushed biography that ignores the behind the scene dynamics and focuses more on his career, philosophies, ideals and football.

It won't be an expose' of the club.

Wenger would never air out dirty laundry.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 14, 2018 12:27 am

When watching that segment all it made me realise is how far we backwards we are now and Wenger.

Wenger "used to be" great, you could tell back then he was hungry for glory, ready to make it happen.

He had a team of men, not the young fairies he has today.

That team could of beat anyone on any given day, fierce competitors.

Look what we have now, Iwobi, Mustafi, Holding, Welbeck, Wilshere etc even our favourites in the team couldn't hold a candle to the old Arsenal.

Hell even Auba who I love gets trumped by Henry, Mkhi gets trumped by Pires, Ozil gets trumped by Bergkamp, Lacazette gets trumped by RVP, Xhaka gets smashed by Vieira, Adams, Dixon etc all smash our defence.

We were better top to bottom back then, Wenger has to take the responsibility for not replacing the spine of the team with competitive "men", he's been replacing our spine with boys ever since the Denilson times.

Oh well, we move on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 am

When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 14, 2018 6:54 am

DiamondGooner wrote:When watching that segment all it made me realise is how far we backwards we are now and Wenger.

Wenger "used to be" great, you could tell back then he was hungry for glory, ready to make it happen.

Look what we have now, Iwobi, Mustafi, Holding, Welbeck, Wilshere etc even our favourites in the team couldn't hold a candle to the old Arsenal.

Hell even Auba who I love gets trumped by Henry, Mkhi gets trumped by Pires, Ozil gets trumped by Bergkamp, Lacazette gets trumped by RVP, Xhaka gets smashed by Vieira, Adams, Dixon etc all smash our defence.

We were better top to bottom back then, Wenger has to take the responsibility for not replacing the spine of the team with competitive "men", he's been replacing our spine with boys ever since the Denilson times.

Oh well, we move on.

:clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nejch » Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 am

After all the demagoguery, projection and mental gymnastics he's pulled over the years his biography will have zero credibility regarding why the club is in such a shape post 2005. I reckon he won't even address the issues as he no doubt knows deep down the role he's played in our decline, but even if he did I wouldn't believe a single word he says.

To think he's trustworthy is being childishly naive. Hope he proves me wrong and takes the blame where it's due, it's the only way he'd ever regain my respect. But knowing the extent of his arrogance it's never going to happen.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am

He’s taken so many bullets for the board, I really hope he unleashes hell in his autobiography
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:When watching that segment all it made me realise is how far we backwards we are now and Wenger.

Oh well, we move on.

The invincibles would’ve beaten any team in any era of the premier league. Comparing them like for like with our current team is stupid.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 14, 2018 10:38 am

Arsene Nose wrote:

Oh well, we move on.

The invincibles would’ve beaten any team in any era of the premier league. Comparing them like for like with our current team is stupid.

They would have lost to City.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 am

Sims wrote:He’s taken so many bullets for the board, I really hope he unleashes hell in his autobiography

I think the board were great to Wenger, he couldn't of had the position he had at any other club, sure he earnt it but I think they were good to him.

Whilst spending was restricted post dein I don't believe the board would have stopped wenger making the odd big signing 06-12 if he really wanted.

If we had of wanted a Torres in 08 or Suarez 11 or wanted to up the fee for Alonso I genuinely think he would have been backed, maybe I am wrong but I think so.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 am

Sims wrote:the man himself said the post emirates era where we had literally 0 finances, the bank wouldnt loan us money unless he was a manager etc was the peak of his management. and i agree with him. i'd say from 2012/13 was the start of the true decline of his ability as a manager

He can say what he wants, he still bought some absolute dross and paid big wages on mediocrity. So the one arm tied behind his back argument cuts no ice with me. He still persisted with a flawed tactic and no plan B. He still played players out of position continually.

Had he not been such a dumbass at times he would be a totally untainted legend, an untouchable legend, but he left himself open to attack all round. This was his big flaw.
Last edited by theHotHead on Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 am

Sims wrote:He’s taken so many bullets for the board, I really hope he unleashes hell in his autobiography

Yup, if thats the case they need to get some gunshot in the biography, unleash the dogs of hell on them !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon May 14, 2018 11:09 am

theHotHead wrote:

Yup, if thats the case they need to get some gunshot in the biography, unleash the dogs of hell on them !!!

On this I think we can all agree. One of my main points always was that he shouldn't have. By allowing himself to be a scapegoat he gave the board validity, a bit like a trusted household name advertising shoddy goods

That doesn't excuse him his own failings by the way, which were many and often
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 14, 2018 11:14 am

I can't really blame Wenger for anything.

The game passed him by. He thought he could fix it, because you don't get to be a successful football manager without arrogance. It was the board's decision not to sack him that has cost us all these years.

I didn't get emotional about him leaving, because that's what we've all wanted for so long. I don't hate him, I don't really feel as attached to him as I once did. I can't blame him for anything because he genuinely believed he was good enough. That's what all managers do.
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club