In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsene

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 13, 2018 9:02 am

I don’t have the shorts anyway and my socks are ones from the 90/91 season!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Why? Players joined Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea when they didn't have CL football!!

Good question. With Man U and Chelsea players knew it was an aberration. That their owners would spend their way back in. Liverpool were just very good identifying Suarez, Coutinho and Salah when they weren’t in great demand. But that’s about it really. The best players want CL now and are not going to take their chances on Mislintat and the new guy working their way back in on 50 mil a season. There is a huge question mark over Arsenal at the moment.

Yeah but the same can be said of Arsenal as it is of Liverpool and even Spurs now. We may not get the top earners (I don't want us to spend that money on the most expensive players anyway) but we don't need Galacticos, we need good players that can come in and do what they are good at, helping us build a very good team able to compete on all fronts at the highest level. We can get those players irrespective of CL football because we have pedigree and a long history of being in the comp, we are a CL club, a gift from Wenger.

True in that weve bought mislintat yo identify those Dembele type players who come in cheap and then explode. Still will not make us PL contenders. Leicester aside, only three teama have won the league since our last and they are the three biggest spenders. I dont see liverpool and spurs having a chance. Liverpool are going to th CL fonal but fighting for fourth at home. Its the same story woth spurs. How much longer can they hold on to their stars without a trophy in sight.
Ultimately united, city and chelsea will compete for the total with arsenal, liverpool and spurs fighting for top four.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 am

Tony_Adams wrote:I don’t have the shorts anyway and my socks are ones from the 90/91 season!

OMG on the FKW Twitter there's a bloke at the gym in a full Xhaka kit

Either his SOH is so good that he's mastered sarcasm to a level I'm not capable of or he's mentally ill
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am

I don't believe that and we have had this discussion before. On many and regular occasions across the big leagues in Europe clubs that are not the highest spenders win their respective leagues. It can be done, we are proof of it, all we need is good management. Its not like we are a mid level club, we broke the dominance of Liverpool (George Graham) and Man U (Arsene Wenger).
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 am

theHotHead wrote:I don't believe that and we have had this discussion before. On many and regular occasions across the big leagues in Europe clubs that are not the highest spenders win their respective leagues. It can be done, we are proof of it, all we need is good management. Its not like we are a mid level club, we broke the dominance of Liverpool (George Graham) and Man U (Arsene Wenger).

And the Egyptians did a fine job with the pyramids. Long time ago fella.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 11:07 am

Another lovely little interview

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Why? Players joined Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea when they didn't have CL football!!

Good question. With Man U and Chelsea players knew it was an aberration. That their owners would spend their way back in. Liverpool were just very good identifying Suarez, Coutinho and Salah when they weren’t in great demand. But that’s about it really. The best players want CL now and are not going to take their chances on Mislintat and the new guy working their way back in on 50 mil a season. There is a huge question mark over Arsenal at the moment.

Yeah but the same can be said of Arsenal as it is of Liverpool and even Spurs now. We may not get the top earners (I don't want us to spend that money on the most expensive players anyway) but we don't need Galacticos, we need good players that can come in and do what they are good at, helping us build a very good team able to compete on all fronts at the highest level. We can get those players irrespective of CL football because we have pedigree and a long history of being in the comp, we are a CL club, a gift from Wenger.

True in that weve bought mislintat yo identify those Dembele type players who come in cheap and then explode. Still will not make us PL contenders. Leicester aside, only three teama have won the league since our last and they are the three biggest spenders. I dont see liverpool and spurs having a chance. Liverpool are going to th CL fonal but fighting for fourth at home. Its the same story woth spurs. How much longer can they hold on to their stars without a trophy in sight.
Ultimately united, city and chelsea will compete for the total with arsenal, liverpool and spurs fighting for top four.

I don’t consider Chelsea big spenders anymore, so it’s really just City and United. And it’s not like our club generates little revenue..

First we need to compete with Spuds/Pool/Chel then go from there.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun May 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Liverpool are big spenders, they spent 75m on a CB ffs. Plus over 50m on Naby Keita who they don't even have yet, 35m on Mane last year, 35m on Salah this season...both of which were bargains before mass inflation came in.

They always at least spend to try and improve, plus they now have Coutinho funds (all the other deals were done before that).
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 pm

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Mesüt wrote:Liverpool are big spenders, they spent 75m on a CB ffs. Plus over 50m on Naby Keita who they don't even have yet, 35m on Mane last year, 35m on Salah this season...both of which were bargains before mass inflation came in.

They always at least spend to try and improve, plus they now have Coutinho funds (all the other deals were done before that).

Eh still wouldn’t put them in same category as United/City. They spend what they should, and there is no reason why we cannot do the same.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sun May 13, 2018 1:36 pm

More like Liverpool aren't stupid. If Arsenal were smart, they could have had similar fees for Sanchez that Liverpool had for Coutinho
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 pm

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Byron Gomez » Sun May 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Merci Wenger, hope you lose today. Awful manager, always got excuses every time he loses.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sun May 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Byron Gomez wrote:Merci Wenger, hope you lose today. Awful manager, always got excuses every time he loses.

He made your club relevant.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Byron Gomez wrote:Merci Wenger, hope you lose today. Awful manager, always got excuses every time he loses.

Absolute clown.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club