In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsene

Postby Angelito » Sun May 13, 2018 12:45 am

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am

Henry has become too glib. Too made for tv. Which is a shame. I thought he and vieira were our most intelligent players. One of them should have become a future boss at Arsenal. But Henry has blown it with this sky sports contract. Vieira could yet do it.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 2:04 am

Mesüt wrote:as if your adhd let you get past line 4 m8

f**k me :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Thankyou for that post Sims. Beautiful read.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun May 13, 2018 2:08 am

Angelito wrote:

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Just seen the full interview that will be on sky sports tomorrow.

UFGN, Softhead, DG, Denis take note. You little angry mob with personal issues, watch it. Understand the game.

Emery you know :rofll:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 13, 2018 5:38 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
Ach wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Everyone's a footballing Einstein in hindsight

You don't need to be an Einstein to know Wenger f***ked up by breaking up the Invincibles far too early. Why would you break up that team so early?? What the hell was he thinking!!

I don't remember anyone screaming about this back in 2004/05, or even till 2008.

I did

Prenatal screaming doesnt count.

Probably because this forum/social media didn't exist back then.

Friendster launched in 2002, MySpace in 2003, and Facebook in 2004.

Yeah and no one was on it, and if they were they certainly weren't debating football.

You can't compare the internet of 15 years ago to the internet of today.

It's an entirely different world, literally.

My point is there were not hundreds of different outlets to discuss football back in 2004 like there are today.

Exactly this. The internet back then was an entirely different beast. In 2004 Facebook was a social media site for Harvard students only, it was not open to the general public when it launched.

Internet forums of yesteryear were created by geeks/programmers but it was only when forum templates became available and people were able to set up their own forums with little or no IT background we found lots of non-IT related forums popping up.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 13, 2018 5:42 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Is anyone else worried that we might drop out of the top four or that our best players might leave? :hiding:

Yeah and if we don't get CL football we won't attract the top players.

I remember that used to be the mantra of the Wenger Knows crew and one day my bro said "but we don't buy top players anyway" and the penny dropped with me. CL football was just a cash cow, we were there just to make up the numbers.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 am

theHotHead wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Is anyone else worried that we might drop out of the top four or that our best players might leave? :hiding:

Yeah and if we don't get CL football we won't attract the top players.

I remember that used to be the mantra of the Wenger Knows crew and one day my bro said "but we don't buy top players anyway" and the penny dropped with me. CL football was just a cash cow, we were there just to make up the numbers.

Players like ozil and sanchez would not have joined us without CL football. Even young players like Ramsey who had a choice between us and united chose us because ultimately we were in the big league. This is a different situation. Getting back in will be difficult.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 13, 2018 6:54 am

Why? Players joined Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea when they didn't have CL football!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 13, 2018 7:14 am

theHotHead wrote:Why? Players joined Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea when they didn't have CL football!!

Good question. With Man U and Chelsea players knew it was an aberration. That their owners would spend their way back in. Liverpool were just very good identifying Suarez, Coutinho and Salah when they weren’t in great demand. But that’s about it really. The best players want CL now and are not going to take their chances on Mislintat and the new guy working their way back in on 50 mil a season. There is a huge question mark over Arsenal at the moment.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 13, 2018 7:16 am

We’re a sleeping giant of a club!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun May 13, 2018 7:22 am

Tony_Adams wrote:We’re a sleeping giant of a club!

Oh god
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 am

With Wonga going we will rise from the ashes like the phoenix, never mind how rocky the road will be in the beginning we will overcome.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 am

Arsene Nose wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Why? Players joined Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea when they didn't have CL football!!

Good question. With Man U and Chelsea players knew it was an aberration. That their owners would spend their way back in. Liverpool were just very good identifying Suarez, Coutinho and Salah when they weren’t in great demand. But that’s about it really. The best players want CL now and are not going to take their chances on Mislintat and the new guy working their way back in on 50 mil a season. There is a huge question mark over Arsenal at the moment.

Yeah but the same can be said of Arsenal as it is of Liverpool and even Spurs now. We may not get the top earners (I don't want us to spend that money on the most expensive players anyway) but we don't need Galacticos, we need good players that can come in and do what they are good at, helping us build a very good team able to compete on all fronts at the highest level. We can get those players irrespective of CL football because we have pedigree and a long history of being in the comp, we are a CL club, a gift from Wenger.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 am

Got my arsenal shirt on for the first time in ages. Was tempted to go all full kit w..... to celebrate Wenger f...ing off but thats a step too far!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Got my arsenal shirt on for the first time in ages. Was tempted to go all full kit w..... to celebrate Wenger f...ing off but a step too far!

There is a step lower than FKW

FKW but with a half and half home / away shirt

Absolute tosser-dom
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club