18-19 home shirt

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 18-19 home shirt

Postby Angelito » Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Zenith wrote:
Angelito wrote:Image

Always liked this jersey.

Just because it has white in doesn't make it a Spurs kit - especially with all the Burgundy in there.

Burgundy is not a color that can be associated with Tottenham in any shape or form. In fact, it's a color that has occured and reoccurred many times in kits throughout Arsenal's history.

Think people are confusing it with our 2009-10 jersey, which actually did have a Spurs-like, white-navy design;

Yep. :arse flag.gif:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Oh yes, just both shit so I didn't buy them! Feel like we haven't really had a yellow kit since the Nike one with the collar, genuinely forgot that first one.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Santi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Best kit ever -

:hail: :hail:

Wish mine still fit me ffs

A few years ago I actually tracked two down and bought them used on Ebay.

That's how much I love it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm

I wish they'd bin our shitty crest and use the 1930s art deco one
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 30, 2018 1:31 am

UFGN wrote:I wish they'd bin our shitty crest and use the 1930s art deco one

The small white cannon was our best logo.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby HolyCow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Haven't bought one since the 13/14 season.

Don't think you're ever too old for a kit, though I'm at an age where I would no longer get names printed on the back.

There is a progression with kits as there is with everything in life.

*You go from teenager/early 20s admirer of a certain player and get his name printed on the back (usually your favorite player from playing FIFA), and it's almost like a conversation starter for people your age.

*Then you go to where I am now, late 20s, where you don't really wear the kit but rather you display it on the wall because you're too poor, tasteless, and indifferent to buy a mature wall decoration (is that what they're called? wall decorations?).

*Then you go to the stage of not buying any kits because you've outgrown both of the previous stages (in both mentality and belly size) and are trying to portray yourself as a proper adult so you wear khakis, collared shirts, and hang decorations on the wall to demonstrate your maturity.... stupid things like a black and white photo of a tree or a photo of your loved ones.

*Finally, as is the case in life, you return full circle and begin buying kits with print on the back. But at this stage you're old and grumpy so written on the back is your medication schedule or your address/phone# in case you get lost or just obscenity laced statements about younger generations.

In a way, it's beautiful.
HolyCow
Patrick Vieira

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:35 pm

HolyCow wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Haven't bought one since the 13/14 season.

Don't think you're ever too old for a kit, though I'm at an age where I would no longer get names printed on the back.

There is a progression with kits as there is with everything in life.

*You go from teenager/early 20s admirer of a certain player and get his name printed on the back (usually your favorite player from playing FIFA), and it's almost like a conversation starter for people your age.

*Then you go to where I am now, late 20s, where you don't really wear the kit but rather you display it on the wall because you're too poor, tasteless, and indifferent to buy a mature wall decoration (is that what they're called? wall decorations?).

*Then you go to the stage of not buying any kits because you've outgrown both of the previous stages (in both mentality and belly size) and are trying to portray yourself as a proper adult so you wear khakis, collared shirts, and hang decorations on the wall to demonstrate your maturity.... stupid things like a black and white photo of a tree or a photo of your loved ones.

*Finally, as is the case in life, you return full circle and begin buying kits with print on the back. But at this stage you're old and grumpy so written on the back is your medication schedule or your address/phone# in case you get lost or just obscenity laced statements about younger generations.

In a way, it's beautiful.

Hahahaha funny shit
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm

UFGN wrote:I wish they'd bin our shitty crest and use the 1930s art deco one

I think copyright is the only reason why we're not, likewise we can't use the old cannon or VCC crest because Arsenal couldn't get the copyright. I suppose we could always do what I noticed celtic (the only time you'll hear me praising those confused scots) have this year by useing their old crest on their 2nd team shirts.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:49 pm

How can the club not have the copyright to our own crest?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:How can the club not have the copyright to our own crest?

Because of that court case in the early 00s where there was a guy selling unauthorised merch with the crest on and the club took him to court but the court ruled that because the crest had been adapted so many times, it was impossible to identify every piece of the design. Therefore they ruled that it could be trademarked but not copyrighted. That's why we have our current crest, if it wasn't for that we'd still have the VCC crest.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby island_gunner » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:18 pm

this really doesn't deserve it's own thread smh lol so I will just put it here :hiding:
the kit looks :doh: and then just a weird video man, music is cringe, Bellerin looks like he really on a model shoot tsk :rofll:

island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 am

Radioactive vomit coloured is what I call it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Love the kit and so glad we signed Auba, he looks like a massive presence in the dressing room (wahey) and seems to have gelled the players a bit.

Much better than the crybaby we had before.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Santi wrote:Love the kit and so glad we signed Auba, he looks like a massive presence in the dressing room (wahey) and seems to have gelled the players a bit.

Much better than the crybaby we had before.

Giroud wasn't a crybaby.

:hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:57 pm

I never usually care how the kit looks, but this years kits are so vomit inducing, I feel like I have to comment.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk