What will Wenger do next?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: What will Wenger do next?

Postby Zedie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 am

England are in dire straits for someone proper to step up.

Wenger knows most of the players there and would probably do better than anyone that's tried in the last 15 years.

Let's face it, the bars not very high is it
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 am

Why do people who wanted Wenger out care what he does next? I bet you he moves on before these loser fans. They'll obsesses over him years after he's gone.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 am

Who cares? .... he should retire with the vast fortune we've given him .... he will only fail if he takes another job .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 am

Would like to see him at what most people considered to be an easy job. i.e. not the england job or some mid to low table club.

My guess, though, is he'll end up at some club around Monaco/Dortmund level before trying his hand at the French national team
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Mess » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Why do people who wanted Wenger out care what he does next? I bet you he moves on before these loser fans. They'll obsesses over him years after he's gone.

Wanting him out was a perfectly valid opinion to have. Abusing him though was unacceptable.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Denis_E » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:12 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Why do people who wanted Wenger out care what he does next? I bet you he moves on before these loser fans. They'll obsesses over him years after he's gone.

Lol if only you would move on you skid mark
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:56 am

Denis_E wrote:

Don’t worry about me or Wenger lad. Wenger will be earning 10 mil next year at another club while you’re still bagging groceries down at Tesco.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 am

I don't care if he takes up stamp collecting as long as it's not at the club, put it this way with the money he robbed from the club over the last years he will think of something to do.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 am

Jeez, Wenger's set to leave now. And so you guys should move on too.

I find it hilarious that a manager who's won 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years is all of a sudden some no-good loser who will find it difficult to find top-level jobs in football. Okay.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 am

Would love to see him manage France
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 am

Angelito wrote:Jeez, Wenger's set to leave now. And so you guys should move on too.

I find it hilarious that a manager who's won 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years is all of a sudden some no-good loser who will find it difficult to find top-level jobs in football. Okay.

People seem to be finding it difficult to move on from the position they've taken for the last 10 years. Tbf it's still raw at the mo, but eventually, they'll get some perspective hopefully.

Personally I want him to do well and will always root for him wherever he goes.

Everyone needed this for far too long, but there's no ill will from me.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:42 am

The Any Chinese Super League Club option looks his only bet now, everyone else has moved on.

The Arsenal performances this season have stymied him for all the others except No other club before summer 2019.

But realistically who on here cares what he does anymore?
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:50 am

Angelito wrote:Jeez, Wenger's set to leave now. And so you guys should move on too.

3 FA cups maybe but 2 of them were against Hull and Aston Villa both subsequently relegated from the Prem.

Any team only needs to win 7 matches to win the FA Cup (replays excepted) and often 2 or 3 of those are against lower league opposition.

He should have gone after the Chelsea FA Cup win, now he will be seen as something of a dinosaur.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:08 pm

tufnelltoughie wrote:

3 FA cups maybe but 2 of them were against Hull and Aston Villa both subsequently relegated from the Prem.

Any team only needs to win 7 matches to win the FA Cup (replays excepted) and often 2 or 3 of those are against lower league opposition.

He should have gone after the Chelsea FA Cup win, now he will be seen as something of a dinosaur.

This is why Arsenal fans are laughed at.

Chelsea
City
Chelsea
Wigan
Arsenal
Arsenal
ManU
Arsenal

That's the profile of clubs that have won the FA Cup this decade. Apart from Wigan, check out the teams.

FA Cup is the FA Cup. There's no such thing as "beating a minnow." Despite all, Arsenal have 3 trophies in the last 4 seasons.

Arsenal are the most successful club in FA Cup history.

Arsene Wenger is the most successful manager in FA Cup history.

Arsene Wenger was and is special. This past decade hasn't been great, but Jeez - until 2011, he's probably the most overachieving manager in Prem history. Even today, perhaps.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Denis_E wrote:

Don’t worry about me or Wenger lad. Wenger will be earning 10 mil next year at another club while you’re still bagging groceries down at Tesco.

Ok I admit it I laughed.

But I don't know why your getting erect over the size of Wenger's wallet because your not seeing any of it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk