Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Who will be the next manager?

Massimiliano Allegri
16
21%
Carlo Ancelotti
5
7%
Mikel Arteta
10
13%
Luis Enrique
17
23%
Leonardo Jardim
6
8%
Joachim Löw
3
4%
Brendan Rodgers
4
5%
Diego Simeone
3
4%
Patrick Vieira
1
1%
Other
10
13%
 
Total votes : 75

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 am

Zedie wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I can't see Arteta being a success at all, it will be one major disappointment if after all the shite getting rid of the nameless one only to be handed a manager with NO managerial experience. Fook what a forward thinking board we have.


Get your A4 ‘Arteta out’ placard ready to hold aloft.


I think it's a ploy by the nameless one, the board will appoint the one with the nice hair, he will fook up big time......tarra :eek: the nameless one will step back into the breach.


This reads like a Wenger out fan fiction. Stop making excuses for the board and pinning EVERYTHING on a man who has left the club.

Unless you really think he'll be calling shots from abroad while managing another club?


Chill out Mrs Zedie, it was a joke :rolleyes:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 13108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

1991 wrote:The good thing with Arteta I guess is that he hasnt got the credit in the bank like Wenger did, one or two poor seasons and he'll be out and we can get a proper manager. He is going to be the Bruce Rioch, it will be one or two more wasted seasons that will see us further down to the road of being a has been club like forest and villa. The mess left by Wenger is going to take years and maybe a few managers to sort out, but if we appointed an Allegri now (for example), then I would be confident that in 2 years time we would be a lot closer to getting back to the level that a club of our size should be.

UFGN wrote:
1991 wrote:Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too...lol. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was shit which is well documented.


Bottom line is some people are happy to settle for second best and others are not

I know which camp of those two I'm in.

The fact that even Everton are not going for Arteta but we are speaks volumes about the ambition of this board and certain 'fans'



:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 13108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Mess » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

UFGN wrote:
1991 wrote:Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was a shit player for us, not even a club legend, zero managerial exp, zero drawing power, already dividing the fanbase. TERRIBLE APPOINTMENT if true. Of course AKB dickheads love it because it's a continuation of Arsene FC. The fact that even Everton are not going for Arteta but we are speaks volumes about the ambition of this board and certain 'fans'


It's an interesting point that neither Everton or Rangers went for him


As an Arsenal captain, I fail to remember any evidence of his leadership. From what we can read, he seems to be regarded highly as a future good manager but it's way too soon for the job at a club the size of Arsenal and especially following the departure of a club legend like Wenger.

It feels to me like a lazy appointment from the board: "We know the guy as an ex Arsenal player, we know he'll accept a job at any club to kickstart his coaching career, he won't command a high salary, bingo! He's our man!"

That said, i'll support him when he's appointed as our new manager but my god, what an absolutely underwhelming appointment....
Mess
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 am

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 pm

If this board do appoint the one with the nice hair it will show the ambition of the club.
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 13108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Jedi » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

1991 wrote:Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was a shit player for us, not even a club legend, zero managerial exp, zero drawing power, already dividing the fanbase. TERRIBLE APPOINTMENT if true. Of course AKB dickheads love it because it's a continuation of Arsene FC. The fact that even Everton are not going for Arteta but we are speaks volumes about the ambition of this board and certain 'fans'

Not a Wenger fanboy, didn't like player Arteta either. I just don't see a better appointment at the moment. Pretty much all the top managers we were linked with have publicly come out and stated they're not leaving their current clubs. Since we've established we're not getting Allegri or Simeone I'd rather gamble on someone who could be the next Pep than get a mediocre manager. Would you rather have Ancelotti, a guaranteed top 6 to top 3 finish but nothing else. What was the point of getting rid of Wenger then?

The way i see it, Arteta is everything we begged for while we were suffering under Wenger. Young, exciting, a complete shot in the dark unlike the mandatory CL last 16 exit + top 4 finish under Wenger. Nobody knows what will happen, he might deliver in an incredible way and if not, we can always sack him at the end of the season and try again.
User avatar
Jedi
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3388
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:A summer of nobodies awaits us. From manager to players. We got rid of Arsene for this?


We got rid of Wenger for 6th place, zero trophies and failing to even make the EL final, plus one away win in 2018.
Also because he was the boards accomplice in all matters shielding them and allowing them to screw us over.

Getting rid of Wenger was absolutely necessary to make the board answerable for "their" actions and because Wenger's season was a complete and utter failure, we can't even make a CL spot anymore, why would we have kept him?.

Yes we got rid of Wenger for that, your not an Arsenal fan so I don't expect you to understand that we real fans want the club to do better as it should a club of our size.

1991 wrote:The good thing with Arteta I guess is that he hasnt got the credit in the bank like Wenger did, one or two poor seasons and he'll be out and we can get a proper manager.


This is what I'm saying, let them do what they want, get on with it, gamble ......... and if it fks up god help Gazidis or the board come end of season, because now Wenger is gone they can't hide behind "It's Wenger's idea, he's in charge".
This move is Gazidis's idea so let him deliver or fall on his sword, but if Arteta fails I can't see them trying this sh*t again and thinking the fans will swallow it.

We've not done this for 22 yrs, lets just see what happens and go from there, I'm just hoping Arteta working under Pep can bring something over here, but if not ................
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 16302
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: In Losmeister's head

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby 1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
1991 wrote:Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was a shit player for us, not even a club legend, zero managerial exp, zero drawing power, already dividing the fanbase. TERRIBLE APPOINTMENT if true. Of course AKB dickheads love it because it's a continuation of Arsene FC. The fact that even Everton are not going for Arteta but we are speaks volumes about the ambition of this board and certain 'fans'

Not a Wenger fanboy, didn't like player Arteta either. I just don't see a better appointment at the moment. Pretty much all the top managers we were linked with have publicly come out and stated they're not leaving their current clubs. Since we've established we're not getting Allegri or Simeone I'd rather gamble on someone who could be the next Pep than get a mediocre manager. Would you rather have Ancelotti, a guaranteed top 6 to top 3 finish but nothing else. What was the point of getting rid of Wenger then?

The way i see it, Arteta is everything we begged for while we were suffering under Wenger. Young, exciting, a complete shot in the dark unlike the mandatory CL last 16 exit + top 4 finish under Wenger. Nobody knows what will happen, he might deliver in an incredible way and if not, we can always sack him at the end of the season and try again.

On your own bruv
Pretty sure what we WOBs wanted was ambition, someone with tactical acumen who can sort out the defence, a fighter who can kick these players up the arse. Basically a complete contrast to Wenger. Arteta has non of those qualities as far as we know. If Arteta's best qualifications are that he's young, exciting(according to who I don't know) and a shot in the dark, that's a pretty shit candidate. He's not even the best ex player who's a shot in the dark candidate, that's what makes this Arteta sell so laughable.
Last edited by 1991 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
User avatar
1991
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: N16

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby 1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:A summer of nobodies awaits us. From manager to players. We got rid of Arsene for this?


We got rid of Wenger for 6th place, zero trophies and failing to even make the EL final, plus one away win in 2018.
Also because he was the boards accomplice in all matters shielding them and allowing them to screw us over.

Getting rid of Wenger was absolutely necessary to make the board answerable for "their" actions and because Wenger's season was a complete and utter failure, we can't even make a CL spot anymore, why would we have kept him?.

Yes we got rid of Wenger for that, your not an Arsenal fan so I don't expect you to understand that we real fans want the club to do better as it should a club of our size.

1991 wrote:The good thing with Arteta I guess is that he hasnt got the credit in the bank like Wenger did, one or two poor seasons and he'll be out and we can get a proper manager.


This is what I'm saying, let them do what they want, get on with it, gamble ......... and if it fks up god help Gazidis or the board come end of season, because now Wenger is gone they can't hide behind "It's Wenger's idea, he's in charge".
This move is Gazidis's idea so let him deliver or fall on his sword, but if Arteta fails I can't see them trying this sh*t again and thinking the fans will swallow it.

We've not done this for 22 yrs, lets just see what happens and go from there, I'm just hoping Arteta working under Pep can bring something over here, but if not ................
The problem is we've been out the CL for two years, players contracts are running down, players are getting old, we don't have two seasons to spare. We can still save this club from mid table mediocrity but If we waste another 2 years getting out of the hole will be very difficult, we'll probably be consigned to Everton status if the next manager fails.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
User avatar
1991
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: N16

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Ralph Hasenhüttl has resigned from RB Leipzig.

He has been linked with the job at Arsenal.
User avatar
Phil71
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby UFGN » Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Arteta

Player/manager/captain

Bye Wilshere
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 17052
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm

1991 wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
1991 wrote:Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was a shit player for us, not even a club legend, zero managerial exp, zero drawing power, already dividing the fanbase. TERRIBLE APPOINTMENT if true. Of course AKB dickheads love it because it's a continuation of Arsene FC. The fact that even Everton are not going for Arteta but we are speaks volumes about the ambition of this board and certain 'fans'

Not a Wenger fanboy, didn't like player Arteta either. I just don't see a better appointment at the moment. Pretty much all the top managers we were linked with have publicly come out and stated they're not leaving their current clubs. Since we've established we're not getting Allegri or Simeone I'd rather gamble on someone who could be the next Pep than get a mediocre manager. Would you rather have Ancelotti, a guaranteed top 6 to top 3 finish but nothing else. What was the point of getting rid of Wenger then?

The way i see it, Arteta is everything we begged for while we were suffering under Wenger. Young, exciting, a complete shot in the dark unlike the mandatory CL last 16 exit + top 4 finish under Wenger. Nobody knows what will happen, he might deliver in an incredible way and if not, we can always sack him at the end of the season and try again.

On your own bruv
Pretty sure what we WOBs wanted was ambition, someone with tactical acumen who can sort out the defence, a fighter who can kick these players up the arse. Basically a complete contrast to Wenger. Arteta has non of those qualities as far as we know. If Arteta's best qualifications are that he's young, exciting(according to who I don't know) and a shot in the dark, that's a pretty shit candidate. He's not even the best ex player who's a shot in the dark candidate, that's what makes this Arteta sell so laughable.

Problem is, Arteta is NOT exciting because he has not managed a damn thing so nobody knows what he can do. He is young, is he tactically astute ? Can he motivate ? Can he develop ? All the things we want from a manager are total unknowns because he has never demonstrated anything.

Thats not to say he can't be a good manager, if he is appointed I will be deflated but I will support him nevertheless !!
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3921
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Angelito » Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm

1991 wrote:The good thing with Arteta I guess is that he hasnt got the credit in the bank like Wenger did, one or two poor seasons and he'll be out and we can get a proper manager.


Don't be so sure.

Top-4 finishes, sans a title challenge, would keep Arteta safe as long as he achieves that.

The best aspect would be Arteta turning out to be the best thing since sliced bread. The in-between would be Arteta finishing out of the top-4, with no trophies. The worst would be Arteta consistently finishing 4th without trophies or title challenges.

The first scenario is the dream. The second scenario would warrant his dismissal. The third would leave fans disgruntled and the board elated. The status quo would remain, so would Mik Aurtiola.


Phil71 wrote:Ralph Hasenhüttl has resigned from RB Leipzig.

He has been linked with the job at Arsenal.


This hullaballoo will continue unless the board announces our next manager.

I just want them to confirm Arteta (or Josh Kroenke) instead of pretending to be busy interviewing candidates.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23471
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Now that Gazidis has consolidated power he’s never going to allow a big name manager to come in a shove him back under his rock. Arteta will be a useful patsy for when things fall apart. The beginning of the end is here.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby indy23 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Now that Gazidis has consolidated power he’s never going to allow a big name manager to come in a shove him back under his rock. Arteta will be a useful patsy for when things fall apart. The beginning of the end is here.


Cool. Let's burn it down to the ground
User avatar
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Now that Gazidis has consolidated power he’s never going to allow a big name manager to come in a shove him back under his rock. Arteta will be a useful patsy for when things fall apart. The beginning of the end is here.


Sadly I think you just might be right.
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 13108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron