Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who will be the next manager?

Massimiliano Allegri
21%
Carlo Ancelotti
7%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Luis Enrique
23%
Leonardo Jardim
8%
Joachim Löw
4%
Brendan Rodgers
5%
Diego Simeone
4%
Patrick Vieira
1%
Other
13%

Total votes : 75

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 pm

1991 wrote:I can't believe we're talking about people with literally no managerial exp while the likes of Ancelotti are available. Seriously what the f**k is wrong with some of you?

Dude you need to calm down, you keep shouting around like its us who's choosing this.

If you canvass this forum 80-90% would be for Allegri, its not our fault what AFC are choosing to do.

If anyone here sounds like their entertaining it, its because they're preparing themselves for the choice we pretty much know AFC are going to lump on us.

I will back any new manager, doesn't mean in the slightest that's what I would of chosen.

wulfire wrote:Why is it only a choice between these two untested former players?

Because Arsenal, that's why.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

If Arteta does fail, he'll be sacked

No 22 years of history to save him.

I think he'll sort us out enough to get top four. He can't be worse than Wenger. He just can't
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby wulfire » Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote: He can't be worse than Wenger. He just can't

Famous last words...
wulfire
Liam Brady

Postby 1991 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
1991 wrote:I can't believe we're talking about people with literally no managerial exp while the likes of Ancelotti are available. Seriously what the f**k is wrong with some of you?

Dude you need to calm down, you keep shouting around like its us who's choosing this.

If you canvass this forum 80-90% would be for Allegri, its not our fault what AFC are choosing to do.

If anyone here sounds like their entertaining it, its because they're preparing themselves for the choice we pretty much know AFC are going to lump on us.

I will back any new manager, doesn't mean in the slightest that's what I would of chosen.

wulfire wrote:Why is it only a choice between these two untested former players?

If we just accepted what AFC choose Wenger would still be our manager. Fans on social media and irl need to make our voices heard. Arteta is not who we want!
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 7:23 pm

1991 on GoonersWorld is saying that we shouldn't appoint Arteta

Yes, let's change our decision, Stan.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alessio » Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Depends on what the club want to do...if they want to struggle for the title the next year they sign Allegri or Ancelotti or if they want to restart from zero with a young and unknown manager for long time, Arteta could be the best choice

I d prefer the first option because it's too much time we don't struggle for the title

Go gunners!!!! :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
alessio
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby weaponx57 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 pm

With a 50m transfer budget we won’t compete for anything. Time for Arsenal fas to force Kroenke out.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Kroenke and Arteta
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 pm

1991 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

If we just accepted what AFC choose Wenger would still be our manager. Fans on social media and irl need to make our voices heard. Arteta is not who we want!

Mate it took us over 5 years to get rid of Wenger, now they've done it I'm willing to give Gazidis a season to try out his new structure.

If it works great .......... if it doesn't next year you better be pulling an Allegri or an equivalent out of your arse because fool me once, and I'm sure that goes for the whole fan base.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jase89 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 pm

The way it's going, looks like Arteta or Henry. Or both. I can't see the likes of allegri, Enrique etc accepting a job that needs a massive rebuild with a budget of 50m. Board don't want to spend money, hence an inexperienced manager with a small budget.

Oh how I love to be a gooner
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby mel4 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Anyways, seems its all done now. Wenger is out of the club that is one good step in my books. Still lots to be done including disposing Weltrash, Iwobi, and Wiltrash.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Jase89 wrote:The way it's going, looks like Arteta or Henry. Or both. I can't see the likes of allegri, Enrique etc accepting a job that needs a massive rebuild with a budget of 50m. Board don't want to spend money, hence an inexperienced manager with a small budget.

Oh how I love to be a gooner

Either one is a massive improvement on Wenger. It's like stepping up from a Ford Mondeo to a Mercedes S Class.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Mikel Arteta closing in on Arsenal job with Man City expecting his departure

Mikel Arteta is closing in on the Arsenal manager’s job, with senior sources at Manchester City now increasingly expecting him to leave and Arsene Wenger also offering public endorsement for his former captain.

Although not directly involved in the recruitment process, Wenger’s opinion still carries huge weight at the Emirates and it is understood that Arteta held further talks with the club’s hierarchy today.

City sources are now becoming increasingly resigned to Arteta’s departure, although he has not yet agreed terms with Arsenal or formally handed in his notice as Pep Guardiola’s assistant.

The situation, though, could move quickly and, after the cull earlier this week of many of Wenger’s staff, discussions at Arsenal are also centring on who might work alongside the new manager.

Midfielder Santi Cazorla was a former team-mate of Arteta and, although he has a decision to make about whether to continue his attempted comeback as a player following a serious ankle injury, could also join his coaching staff.

Arsenal held interviews last week which, as well as Arteta, included talks with another former captain in Patrick Vieira. The club’s main interest among established heavyweight European candidates was Juventus manager Max Allegri but he clearly indicated a desire to remain in Italy for at least one more year and has effectively cleared a path for Arteta to take what would be his first managerial job.

Guardiola, who himself signed a new contract today at City until 2021, has already said that he would not prevent Arteta from leaving and described his assistant’s overall contribution to their success together as “amazing”.

Wenger signed Arteta from Everton in 2011 and, during five years working together, he became one of the club’s most influential players both on and off the pitch. He was made captain in 2014 and, upon retiring two years later, was offered coaching opportunities at Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur as well as Manchester City.

Why would Arsenal take such a gamble?

Reflects Arsenal’s values
Mikel Arteta is well known to Arsenal and an exemplary off-field role model who will seek to embody the style, class and integrity that the club tried to become synonymous with globally under Arsene Wenger.

Stellar references
Pep Guardiola, Wenger and Mauricio Pochettino all wanted him to work with them when he retired. And Guardiola this week credited Arteta's coaching with helping Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane improve their goalscoring.

Fits the new structure
The departure of an all-powerful manager like Wenger has coincided with vast changes in the club’s structure. Arsenal are attracted to a more head coach-style of manager to train their players who will not bring a vast staff.

Limited options
There is also no hiding how Arteta’s status now as clear favourite for the job is influenced by how most of the big beasts of European management are apparently settled in their current jobs, notably Juventus boss Max Allegri.

At the age of just 36, the Spaniard would become Arsenal’s youngest manager since the appointment of Terry Neill in 1976 but Wenger does not regard that as a problem.

“Overall he has the qualities,” said Wenger. “He was a leader, and he has a good passion for the game and he knows the club well. He knows what is important at the club and he was captain of the club. Why not?”

Of Arteta’s lack of experience, Wenger said: “I left a lot of experience behind me, people who were with me like Steve Bould, who has six years’ experience, and Jens Lehmann too. He has been an assistant of Guardiola as well, so overall I think he has the qualities.”

Bould wants to see who comes in before making a decision on his future but Lehmann is expected to stay while talks are being held with Freddie Ljungberg over working alongside academy manager Per Mertesacker with some of the club’s younger players.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis is overseeing the recruitment process and believes that Arteta embodies the Wenger values that the club will seek to continue whilst also working within a hugely revamped backroom structure.

Gazidis has appointed a series of influential department heads over the past year, notably recruitment chief Sven Mislintat, contract negotiator Huss Fahmy and director of high performance Darren Burgess.

Head of football relations Raul Sanllehi is also working closely with Gazidis on Arsenal’s interaction with other leading clubs amid ongoing debates over the future structure of European football.

Head of medical services Colin Lewin, first-team coaches Boro Primorac and Neil Banfield, fitness coach Tony Colbert and goalkeeping coach Gerry Peyton are all leaving, with Arsenal currently looking for a new senior first-team physio and another sports science expert to coordinate their rehabilitation programmes.

In an interview in 2016, Arteta suggested that his managerial philosophy would be closely aligned to the expansive passing style favoured by both Wenger and Guardiola. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining,” he said. “I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition. We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us. I’m 100 per cent convinced of these things and I think I could do it.”

Wenger himself was due to say his final goodbyes at the club’s London Colney training base today and the Frenchman has again suggested that he is now most likely to manage abroad.

“The Premier League is the most attractive place to be, but managing in different cultures and environments is something that is very interesting,” he said.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Thu May 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Its happening isnt it?

Our run to mid table is nearly complete
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 pm

mel4 wrote:I see nothing wrong with his ego.
Personally only people with fragile egos like Mourhino and Conte will be bad man managers.
We like names like Allegri, Simeone, Sarri... these 3 have Super Alfa egos. Players like Bonucci tried to ruffle feathers with Allegri and he showed who is boss without making comments in the media. Even crazy Costa would not dare his stunts with Simeone. So why would Henry, who in my opinion has Super Alfa ego not be able to handle all our errant or misfiring players in a very professional way. The club with their non-existent fragile ego decided that they can't handle Henry's personality and let him go. Not Henry's fault.

Huh?? How is Conte a bad man manager. 3 Scudettos and a World Cup, he is an excellent man manager.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk