Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who will be the next manager?

Massimiliano Allegri
21%
Carlo Ancelotti
7%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Luis Enrique
23%
Leonardo Jardim
8%
Joachim Löw
4%
Brendan Rodgers
5%
Diego Simeone
4%
Patrick Vieira
1%
Other
13%

Total votes : 75

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Callum wrote:Please don't give it to Henry.

Yeah not the Head Coach job, rather Arteta.

I don't want him put under that type of pressure.

One I don't think his personality is good for management, two his ego will clash with people.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy and everything about him attitude wise was right for a hungry striker but managing a team is an entirely different ball game, you need patience and people management, Henry showed he didn't have that toward the end of his time here with the team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:Please don't give it to Henry.

Yeah not the Head Coach job, rather Arteta.

I don't want him put under that type of pressure.

One I don't think his personality is good for management, two his ego will clash with people.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy and everything about him attitude wise was right for a hungry striker but managing a team is an entirely different ball game, you need patience and people management, Henry showed he didn't have that toward the end of his time here with the team.

His decision to take the Sky pundit dollars is also significant I think.

People who have the passion that’s required for the everyday work involved with football coaching would do just that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mel4 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I see nothing wrong with his ego.
Personally only people with fragile egos like Mourhino and Conte will be bad man managers.
We like names like Allegri, Simeone, Sarri... these 3 have Super Alfa egos. Players like Bonucci tried to ruffle feathers with Allegri and he showed who is boss without making comments in the media. Even crazy Costa would not dare his stunts with Simeone. So why would Henry, who in my opinion has Super Alfa ego not be able to handle all our errant or misfiring players in a very professional way. The club with their non-existent fragile ego decided that they can't handle Henry's personality and let him go. Not Henry's fault.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Manoban » Thu May 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Henry has done fk all for Belgium
keep him out
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:33 pm

mel4 wrote:I see nothing wrong with his ego.
Personally only people with fragile egos like Mourhino and Conte will be bad man managers.
We like names like Allegri, Simeone, Sarri... these 3 have Super Alfa egos. Players like Bonucci tried to ruffle feathers with Allegri and he showed who is boss without making comments in the media. Even crazy Costa would not dare his stunts with Simeone. So why would Henry, who in my opinion has Super Alfa ego not be able to handle all our errant or misfiring players in a very professional way. The club with their non-existent fragile ego decided that they can't handle Henry's personality and let him go. Not Henry's fault.

Apparently Henry was increasingly arguing with Wenger and fellow squad members, to a degree that was causing major disruption.

That’s not an assertive personality. It’s a troublesome one.

He’s his own biggest fan. And from what I understand from people who have encountered him in recent years, he’s an arrogant arse.
Last edited by Phil71 on Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Henry is a smug d***head that doesn't really know anything about tactics in football. Appreciate what he's done as a player but don't want him near a 1 mile radius of the Arsenal bench at any point in his career.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Gunpowder wrote:We need an experienced figure next to Arteta, not Henry

^

And Henry's ginormous ego won't allow him to work well with Mikel. If you are bringing Arteta as the head coach, you do your best to support him. You don't pit him against a legendary figure of the club in an environment bound to create conflict.

Based on rumors, of course, it seems like we're doing our best to f**k up.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 22-0 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Already got my Arteta out banners.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:Denis_E, the biggest positive for me is that this is Arteta's first job.

There is zero way he will tolerate underperforming players. If he doesn't get this right, he'll never get a top job again. I think he'll surprise a lot of people by being ruthless

Certainly worked for Gary Neville and Ronald de Boer.

Managers are far more disposable than players.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerShee » Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 pm

NO to Henry, i did rather have Wizzy Merlin
GoonerShee
Patrick Vieira

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 pm

aniym wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Denis_E, the biggest positive for me is that this is Arteta's first job.

There is zero way he will tolerate underperforming players. If he doesn't get this right, he'll never get a top job again. I think he'll surprise a lot of people by being ruthless

Certainly worked for Gary Neville and Ronald de Boer.

Managers are far more disposable than players.

Both in foreign clubs.

Arteta has to know what the issue is. I seriously doubt he'll let some shitty players wreck his entire managerial career.

Neville and De Boer probably had zero idea what the squads they were managing even were. Arteta knows our defence is horrific and we have no holding midfielder. He also knows that if he doesn't ship out shit, he'll be sacked and never get a top job again.

I'd rather get Allegri but I don't see Arteta being a Wenger. He has to get this right or he'll never manage a top club again.

Also, Arteta's tactical changes in the City game he managed against us shows he knows exactly how to exploit our defence, so that should be a sign he knows what to fix, at least.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 1991 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 pm

I can't believe we're talking about people with literally no managerial exp while the likes of Ancelotti are available. Seriously what the f**k is wrong with some of you?
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

They don't want ancelotti cos he wins trophies.

Wenger's lasting legacy
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 pm

None of us have any idea what arteta will do, I trust Peps and Gazidis judgement so I don't think he will be a disaster but even if he is special it is a tough task for a first time manager going up against pep, kloop, mourinho and other far more expirenced managers.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby wulfire » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Why is it only a choice between these two untested former players? I look over at West Ham and see they are apparently talking to Benitez, Pellegrini, Fonseca and Emery and we are talking to former players?! Where is the ambition of the board? The owners? And fans are happy with these options? Why? This will just be a continuance of the Wenger years as that's the brand of football they both know. We need a fresh face and new thinking coming into. Arsenal were never a fluid passing football team prior to AW, we were a direct team. Times change, philosophies change,

It seems Arteta is an excellent coach, from things coming out of Man City, he would be an excellent addition to the backroom staff but not a No1.

But not only that, but we are offering a 'War Chest' of £50m? We won't be able to attract anyone to the job with that! That won't get a top CB never mind the two GKs, two FBs, two CBs and CDM that we are in desperate need of!!!
:BangHead:
wulfire
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk