Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who will be the next manager?

Massimiliano Allegri
21%
Carlo Ancelotti
7%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Luis Enrique
23%
Leonardo Jardim
8%
Joachim Löw
4%
Brendan Rodgers
5%
Diego Simeone
4%
Patrick Vieira
1%
Other
13%

Total votes : 75

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby GoonerShee » Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm

please who can give me a quick history of Arteta's journey as an Arsenal player, was he a good and lovable player, was he a sensible captain, did he work well with his Coach (s) and his teammates? When he became a coach for City did he rob it in our noses and snubbed Arsenal off? Did he get along well with Wenger? i don't recall him sending a goodwill message during his retirement tributes, I am trying to form a fan opinion of him but don't have facts to back it up, all his pictures i have seen he never smiles so i want to know what to expect in case...
GoonerShee
Patrick Vieira

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
GoonerShee wrote:please who can give me a quick history of Arteta's journey as an Arsenal player, was he a good and lovable player, was he a sensible captain, did he work well with his Coach (s) and his teammates? When he became a coach for City did he rob it in our noses and snubbed Arsenal off? Did he get along well with Wenger? i don't recall him sending a goodwill message during his retirement tributes, I am trying to form a fan opinion of him but don't have facts to back it up, all his pictures i have seen he never smiles so i want to know what to expect in case...

He said he's selling Jack Wilshere, Ramsey and Cech and replacing them with Oblak, Vidal and Kroos

:grin:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 pm

After he signs 34yo Toure on a free and proceeds to play him alongside Xhaka, we will be begging Wenger to come back and appoint himself as manager for life.

Truly a masterstroke from le Prof.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:My biggest worry is egos like Ramsey, I don't think he'll accept Arteta if you want me to be honest.

Who played beside Ramsey during his otherworldly half season in 2013-14?

My point being that Ramsey may not have trouble warming to Arteta as manager since partnering with Arteta allowed him to activate god mode. Arteta should know better than anyone how to get the best out of Ramsey, and I think Ramsey would appreciate that.

Callum wrote:I'm not totally sold on Arteta's appointment but would prefer him over Vieira.

Lucky for you that San Mikel's hype train has already left the station.

But in all seriousness, at first I was also underwhelmed by the mere suggestion he could be the next manager. Then I actually pondered it, and now I wouldn't mind seeing what Arteta can bring to the table. He was educated at La Masia, played with Poch at PSG, played under Wenger, and is getting his coaching training from Pep.

Sure, Arteta has never been a first team manager, but that unknown is exciting—something Arsenal has lacked for the past half dozen seasons to be frank. For all we know, he could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if he's not, then we can always fire him and bring in an established manager like Jardim and try again. I guess it boils down to cautious optimism for me.

Mind you, I would still prefer Jardim or Allegri, but I can see the potential upside of Arteta.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:My biggest worry is egos like Ramsey, I don't think he'll accept Arteta if you want me to be honest.

My point being that Ramsey may not have trouble warming to Arteta as manager since partnering with Arteta allowed him to activate god mode. Arteta should know better than anyone how to get the best out of Ramsey, and I think Ramsey would appreciate that.

Callum wrote:I'm not totally sold on Arteta's appointment but would prefer him over Vieira.

But in all seriousness, at first I was also underwhelmed by the mere suggestion he could be the next manager. Then I actually pondered it, and now I wouldn't mind seeing what Arteta can bring to the table. He was educated at La Masia, played with Poch at PSG, played under Wenger, and is getting his coaching training from Pep.

Sure, Arteta has never been a first team manager, but that unknown is exciting—something Arsenal has lacked for the past half dozen seasons to be frank. For all we know, he could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if he's not, then we can always fire him and bring in an established manager like Jardim and try again. I guess it boils down to cautious optimism for me.

Mind you, I would still prefer Jardim or Allegri, but I can see the potential upside of Arteta.

Flamini
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Apparently this will be done pretty soon. Guess it's arteta. Lol yay. Atleast we cleaning house in the backroom
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Would Pep be a good assistant manager?
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Manoban » Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Arteta has no power or stature

Steal some of pep's notes and hire someone from this forum
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Manoban wrote:Arteta has no power or stature

Steal some of pep's notes and hire someone from this forum

I am the manager Arsenal deserves, but not the one it needs right now
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Transfer window opens at midnight, 17th may
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Flamini

nvm u rite

Can't believe I forgot about Flamini. Fire Arteta before he's hired tbh
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Lucky7 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 pm

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/15/mikel-ar ... l-7548971/

Arteta considering Cazorla to be a player/assistant for him.

Source: Not so great.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Phil71 wrote:Sky Sports reporting that Arsenal have contacted Vieira in the last 24 hours.... and Vieira has described the call as ‘a token gesture’.

I guess it was ‘thanks but no thanks’ then.

Another one off the list.

Allegri
Nagelsmann
Vieira
Enrique

All but scratched off for various reasons, Arteta may as well pull up outside the Emirates and get his office ready.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

All scratched off according to the media yep. The same media who had Brendan Rodgers as favourite for weeks.

If only the Sun were appointing our manager.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

I don’t think Allegri is completely out of it yet.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk