Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who will be the next manager?

Massimiliano Allegri
21%
Carlo Ancelotti
7%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Luis Enrique
23%
Leonardo Jardim
8%
Joachim Löw
4%
Brendan Rodgers
5%
Diego Simeone
4%
Patrick Vieira
1%
Other
13%

Total votes : 75

Re: Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

Postby Pudpop » Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 am

So is this confirmed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:47 am

theHotHead wrote:Did anyone see the article in the Evening Standard yesterday, it was about Arteta being manager of Arsenal ? Pretty good read to be honest. Talked about Guardiloa's first act was to bring in Arteta as his number 2 and how Arteta has been instrumental in the City player's keeping the ball so well as part of his coaching. He has been put in charge of analysis of the opposition and he is a no-nonsense style character, he does not joke around and is definitely not an easy touch.

His technical knowledge of the game is amazing and his focus is on playing passing football - no surprise given thats exactly how he played the game. Apparently he was wanted by Pochettino and another manager/club whose name I have forgotten. He was a key man in the Arsenal dressing room too.

Kinda made me feel like appointing Arteta would not be a bad idea at all.

You mean the club wouldn't suffer some unavoidable catastrophe, and be condemned to permanent mediocrity?

Surely you must be wrong.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 am

Reports in the Italian press that it's Ancellotti.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

Phil71 wrote:Reports in the Italian press that it's Ancellotti.

Much better than Arteta. Its either him, Sarri or Enrique. Allegri is out of the equation.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby PairyGrows » Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 am

Let's not forget that there's a difference between a coach and a manager. That distinction may be increasingly subtle but it is nevertheless important. Put simply, coaches focus on individual pieces while managers control the whole.

Good coaches may not make good managers - and vice versa (see: Wenger). We're told Arteta is a very good coach but there's no evidence he's a good manager. He's had no experience managing a team on a professional level. He's very inexperienced even as a coach.

We're at a crossroads. The next two to three seasons will determine the long-term trajectory for Arsenal. Can we afford to let a lad who has never proved he can steer a ship - let alone one as large as ours - to take the helm?

That is the question.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 pm

The Brendan Rodgers link won’t go away as far as the bookies are concerned.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Thu May 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Current Skybet odds would suggest its almost over the line. Other options have to provided or they'd be no market to bet on.

Mikel Arteta
1/5
Brendan Rodgers
8/1
Massimiliano Allegri
10/1
Patrick Vieira
10/1
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Did anyone see the article in the Evening Standard yesterday, it was about Arteta being manager of Arsenal ? Pretty good read to be honest. Talked about Guardiloa's first act was to bring in Arteta as his number 2 and how Arteta has been instrumental in the City player's keeping the ball so well as part of his coaching. He has been put in charge of analysis of the opposition and he is a no-nonsense style character, he does not joke around and is definitely not an easy touch.

His technical knowledge of the game is amazing and his focus is on playing passing football - no surprise given thats exactly how he played the game. Apparently he was wanted by Pochettino and another manager/club whose name I have forgotten. He was a key man in the Arsenal dressing room too.

Kinda made me feel like appointing Arteta would not be a bad idea at all.

You mean the club wouldn't suffer some unavoidable catastrophe, and be condemned to permanent mediocrity?

Surely you must be wrong.

That article is at least some comfort to those of us that know nothing about him.
Last edited by Rockape on Thu May 17, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Feck what a miserable prospect, Rodgers or the one with the nice hair.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm

One final Wenger signing, now you know why we got rid of him.

To all those still giving Wenger the Giroud treatment as in making out he was better than he was .................

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-12550948
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 pm

However, the Frenchman once again insisted that he wishes to remain out of the selection process and that his words of encouragement shouldn't be viewed as an endorsement.

He added: "I don’t want to influence that publicly because for me I believe it is important that they make their choice in an objective way and after once they make a decision I will support them.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Would Arteta even be considered for a job at any other top ten European Club? ..... not saying he won't be great but it's a MASSIVE gamble .... shows how far we've dropped when our options are down to Arteta, Rogers, Vieira and Allegri
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Allegri is currently the manager at one of the top 5 European Clubs, and people are showing it's a sign of how far we've dropped that he's considered. What a deluded world we live in.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Zedie wrote:Wenger goes, board exposes itself. I hate being right.

That was never in doubt, they were partners.

Difference is they are now answerable, they can't use Wenger as their willing shield deflecting from them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Denis_E » Thu May 17, 2018 1:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:One final Wenger signing, now you know why we got rid of him.

To all those still giving Wenger the Giroud treatment as in making out he was better than he was .................

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-12550948

Yup, it reaks of his dishusting inadequate ‘decision’ making we’ve endured for years

He likely didn’t have an actual say in the appointment but it’s no surprise he loves it. He knows all the sh*it head selfie taking players he spent years protecting will be safe under arteta as well

And again the hordes of morons that spent years worshipping him through years of embarrassment (in the name of nostalgia and delusion) will have no problem doing the same for arteta cause of his association to wenger (complimented by this beautiful endorsment lol)

Here’s to hoping arteta turns out to be some dark horse candidate and a brilliant decision, I won’t hold my breath
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk