Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Postby elkanofan » Sun May 13, 2018 4:49 pm

One ting i must say is this long goodbye really shows how cool of a customer Wenger is and how well he controls himself.

Truly class human being. No bubbling up into a mess or losing himself, always remaining composed despite all the emotion.

Thats why he was around so long this is a special quality only the greats have.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mess » Sun May 13, 2018 4:53 pm

The new era is already fabulous. I even read a post from SuperJackyWilshere that I like (never thought it was actually possible):

"This post was made by SuperJackyWilshere who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post"
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Sun May 13, 2018 4:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Angelito, you'll find the structure at Juventus is exactly the structure Sven has brought to Arsenal

They're a football club. We're a profit-making institution that happens to be in the football business.

Kroenke owns us. He's not a sentimental guy. He's not interested in sports as a cultural entity. He's a businessman.

Is there any source or anything stating this is Allegri's thoughts?

If so that's a fkn damning indictment on our board that its put him off even attempting to come here.

There are sources that he wants substantial money to be spent and is unsure how to work within Arsenal's new structure, or how he wants to go to a side that's guaranteed to challenge for the title. Will share once the journos pick up.

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Angelito, you'll find the structure at Juventus is exactly the structure Sven has brought to Arsenal

They're a football club. We're a profit-making institution that happens to be in the football business.

Kroenke owns us. He's not a sentimental guy. He's not interested in sports as a cultural entity. He's a businessman.

Again, you mentioned the structure. It's exactly the same, guy releases transfer budget, Sven/Fabricio take care of the transfers, and the head coach oversees training, tactics and selection

Yes, but the vision and mission are different.

Barca have more or less the same structure. So do City. So do Bayern. So do Chelsea. And Madrid.

The vision is different.

I agree, but your post was

Allegri isn't entirely sure if he wants to leave Juve for Arsenal because of our transfer policy and organizational structure.

If we go full throttle for him, we will get him. Make no mistake. Allegri wants to manage in the Prem and for him, Arsenal would be a fine challenge. But would he be willing to work in the shadow of Gazidis, Mislintat, and Sanllehi? It's awkward for a world class manager to accept those terms. In contrast, Arteta would have no problem working under them, with a limited budget and a lowered expectation.

He will have no issue with organizational structure or the shadow of Mislintat. You're also assuming Mislintat doesn't want to win the league

We've had a fine transfer budget for the last few years. We spunked 100 million on Xhaka, Mustafi and co just an year ago.

We've just spent 100 million on two strikers.

I was talking in our context. Not in the context of Juve or Barca - where the aim is to win and win big.

At Arsenal, that's not the case, is it?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

If so that's a fkn damning indictment on our board that its put him off even attempting to come here.

There are sources that he wants substantial money to be spent and is unsure how to work within Arsenal's new structure, or how he wants to go to a side that's guaranteed to challenge for the title. Will share once the journos pick up.

Well fk me I could of told him that myself lol, he's out the running then.

Any Manager who's plan is to buy and win the title is automatically out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun May 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Has he gone yet?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 13, 2018 5:28 pm

:cloud9:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun May 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Wow

A lot of people digging out my name

Including kids who live with their mummies

Awful headache but on the way home

Cheers lads. I got my arsenal back for my birthday

:goal!:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 5:39 pm

UFGN wrote:Wow

But did the WKB make you sing or hold up a sign ......... that is the question?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun May 13, 2018 5:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wow

But did the WKB make you sing or hold up a sign ......... that is the question?

No lol W****rs with their Wenger scarves

It was a great atmosphere. The sun shone in Yorkshire and we are free men

Even our hosts were happy. Almost like they had a whippet and a tube of ky waiting at home
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby CaptGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 7:22 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Sims wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Still an angry sad man even after his last game :rofll:

Honestly, it's quite worrying.

its all very weird

absolutely know no-one who acts like this to arsene in real life

makes you wonder

I don't get it in all honesty but like I said it's all down to personal and anger issues.

It's the same ones aswell. Denis, UFGN, hothead and DG. Come on here insulting Wenger and members gives them pleasure behind their keyboards by the looks of it. It's proper weird.

Some put the manager down, others put fans down for traveling to support their club.

Personally don’t get putting down the away fans, but to each their own.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 13, 2018 8:18 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Still an angry sad man even after his last game :rofll:

Honestly, it's quite worrying.

its all very weird

absolutely know no-one who acts like this to arsene in real life

makes you wonder

I don't get it in all honesty but like I said it's all down to personal and anger issues.

It's the same ones aswell. Denis, UFGN, hothead and DG. Come on here insulting Wenger and members gives them pleasure behind their keyboards by the looks of it. It's proper weird.

Some put the manager down, others put fans down for traveling to support their club.

Personally don’t get putting down the away fans, but to each their own.

Exactly.

The only thing that's "weird" is how someone gets banned 4x and yet the Mods still allow them to come back and post, not setting a great example to the other trolls.

Thankfully I have him on ignore yet I still have to see his crap when its quoted.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Fuckin ell are people gonna cry about it for weeks, my original comment was that nobody cared about the game it was meaningless (vs leicester), UFGN brought the away fans up and I said they just wasted their money going.

They're more than welcome to spend their money and time going to Leicester but in my personal opinion it was a waste of time, knowing our season is over and the club don't deserve our money until a new manager is in place. Particularly for a league game when the players haven't been giving their all in the league since January, they don't deserve a full crowd and people's time.

People certainly had no issue when the home stand was empty, so why's it different for away? Good on them for going but I still personally think it was a waste. I'd go to f***ing away games in the conference if the players and club were giving their all.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Granit Xhaka OUT!, Mustafi, I loved your initial spirit but Mustafi OUT! we need a DM, not a gaping hole in the midfield, & Captain Kosceilny & the BFG have been great for the club, its time to move FOWARD!!!
we need Some real Steel in the mid field
& Defense, our attack is awesome enough, & we have enough make shift non-defensive midfielders that we can sell a few
& Bring in some Leaders for Rob Holding, Miles, Mavrapanos & Iwobi to FIGHT next to man.
Bring back that unbeaten mentality & strength of defense that we had before,
I'd even take a relatively unknown young manager whose done it like Wenger did in Japan before most of the world knew what an amazing mind & gentleman he was and is!
The Signings of Sven & that Braca guy gives me hope that the board are starting to move younger and smarter, faster with transfers & business,
If only they'd let Usmanov dish out some cash, we'd be challenging sooner, anyway, COYG!!!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Callum wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Callum wrote:You can be delighted that Wenger has gone and believe he should have gone years ago, whilst also being appreciative for the trophies, memories and service he's given us. I don't know why so many fans seem to be struggling to comprehend this.

Do you appreciate Delia?

Always.

Deila....

Made the cake that was on the cover of the Rolling Stones album let it bleed in 1969
Released in the week of a 1-0 win at anfield courtesy of a goal from Jimmy robertson
You can't always get what you want
Here's to trying your best to get what you need
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again, you mentioned the structure. It's exactly the same, guy releases transfer budget, Sven/Fabricio take care of the transfers, and the head coach oversees training, tactics and selection

Yes, but the vision and mission are different.

Barca have more or less the same structure. So do City. So do Bayern. So do Chelsea. And Madrid.

The vision is different.

I agree, but your post was

Allegri isn't entirely sure if he wants to leave Juve for Arsenal because of our transfer policy and organizational structure.

If we go full throttle for him, we will get him. Make no mistake. Allegri wants to manage in the Prem and for him, Arsenal would be a fine challenge. But would he be willing to work in the shadow of Gazidis, Mislintat, and Sanllehi? It's awkward for a world class manager to accept those terms. In contrast, Arteta would have no problem working under them, with a limited budget and a lowered expectation.

He will have no issue with organizational structure or the shadow of Mislintat. You're also assuming Mislintat doesn't want to win the league

We've had a fine transfer budget for the last few years. We spunked 100 million on Xhaka, Mustafi and co just an year ago.

We've just spent 100 million on two strikers.

I was talking in our context. Not in the context of Juve or Barca - where the aim is to win and win big.

At Arsenal, that's not the case, is it?

It is in my house
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk