Kai Havertz (29)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:16 pm

Roycck wrote:Still waiting for the Leverkusen Kai Havertz where he drives from midfield. He's too shy with the ball, always looking to pass.
From what i can see, this may come next season. He's put priority into the basics of his midfield role, even when played as the 'Fasle 9' he spends a lot of time in midfield where hes best in the buildup then make those late runs. We can all see hes been way too safe at times which is a habit hes picked up at that hellhole chelsea rather than be brave like at Leverkusen. As hes growing more comfortable with his teammates he will become more aware when to take risks.

Talking of former Leverkusen players and Havertz ex teammate. I"m a biased Jamaican but last season Leon Bailey was shit, i was concerned Villa would drop him for good, he was in tears after having a stinker one game. He kept his head down and worked, now look at him. Hes been one of if not the best winger this season. Incredible.

Sometimes it takes time for players to adjust and find confidence. Mind you Havertz was slightly better than Bailey at Leverkusen.

Sent from my SM-A226BR using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 pm

UFGN wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Rice, Saka, Gabriel, Trossard, Odegaard all playered better today then him however Havertz proved today just how much we missed him in the home disaster game we lost 2-0.

Even more than last week. West Ham had absolutley no way to stop him today and had so many issues defending his positioning, movement and passes. His prescence and runs occupied their defenders and gave space for others to shine!

Just a shame he didnt score today and Saka didn't get his hat-trick with that shit after a wonderful flick from Havertz.

If he adds more goals and proper assists to his game hes a real world class player. So mature and is really starting to settle now. Hes put priority into teamwork of being a all round midfielder and attacker rsther than be selfish to score goals.

7.5/10

What i like the most is he solves our flaw we have when in games vs teams like West Ham. Forest, Brentford. Wolves etc.. we play infront of their bus and we cannot score with all our domination. His movement shaked ther bus up by pulling their defended out of position. This is going to be vital for the run in.

Oh do behave, did you not see the match? West Ham had no answer for anything we did but their problems were principally caused by failing to defend their penalty box well enough. And their keeper was double Ebola
And you saw the diffetence between the lineup today and the home game vs West Ham was our left back and Havertz instead of Jesus.

Difference in result was gigantic. Its no coicedence. Havertz movement in attack and positioning defence means teams have big issues when they decide the park the bus. He drops deep, links up well then makes late runs occupying CBs allowing others space.

Havertz isnt your average player. There's a lot to his game.

elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:29 pm

elkanofan wrote:
UFGN wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Rice, Saka, Gabriel, Trossard, Odegaard all playered better today then him however Havertz proved today just how much we missed him in the home disaster game we lost 2-0.

Even more than last week. West Ham had absolutley no way to stop him today and had so many issues defending his positioning, movement and passes. His prescence and runs occupied their defenders and gave space for others to shine!

Just a shame he didnt score today and Saka didn't get his hat-trick with that shit after a wonderful flick from Havertz.

If he adds more goals and proper assists to his game hes a real world class player. So mature and is really starting to settle now. Hes put priority into teamwork of being a all round midfielder and attacker rsther than be selfish to score goals.

7.5/10

What i like the most is he solves our flaw we have when in games vs teams like West Ham. Forest, Brentford. Wolves etc.. we play infront of their bus and we cannot score with all our domination. His movement shaked ther bus up by pulling their defended out of position. This is going to be vital for the run in.

Oh do behave, did you not see the match? West Ham had no answer for anything we did but their problems were principally caused by failing to defend their penalty box well enough. And their keeper was double Ebola
And you saw the diffetence between the lineup today and the home game vs West Ham was our left back and Havertz instead of Jesus.

Difference in result was gigantic. Its no coicedence. Havertz movement in attack and positioning defence means teams have big issues when they decide the park the bus. He drops deep, links up well then makes late runs occupying CBs allowing others space.

Havertz isnt your average player. There's a lot to his game.

Yeah I mean, West Ham’s line up was different, their goalkeeper was full of holes, their team managed to utterly collapse and have a full mental breakdown, conceded four goals in 16 minutes, Rice and Saliba with 10/10 performances , but Havertz though

I don’t know why I bother going to matches. Inevitably I go on the internet afterwards and get told all about some other match that I must have missed
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:35 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Roycck wrote:Still waiting for the Leverkusen Kai Havertz where he drives from midfield. He's too shy with the ball, always looking to pass.
From what i can see, this may come next season. He's put priority into the basics of his midfield role, even when played as the 'Fasle 9' he spends a lot of time in midfield where hes best in the buildup then make those late runs. We can all see hes been way too safe at times which is a habit hes picked up at that hellhole chelsea rather than be brave like at Leverkusen. As hes growing more comfortable with his teammates he will become more aware when to take risks.

Talking of former Leverkusen players and Havertz ex teammate. I"m a biased Jamaican but last season Leon Bailey was shit, i was concerned Villa would drop him for good, he was in tears after having a stinker one game. He kept his head down and worked, now look at him. Hes been one of if not the best winger this season. Incredible.

Sometimes it takes time for players to adjust and find confidence. Mind you Havertz was slightly better than Bailey at Leverkusen.

Good post that.
Most don’t really see what’s going in and just look at the final pass or shot and that’s about the sum of it.
Really enjoyed havertz performance today. So controlled and always pressing and disrupting out if possession. He’s really helped with the team balance this year.
I liked his play in the final 3rd today too. He has really to level ability to find space and link. Some really intelligent play to create danger.

7.5/10 is about right.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:44 pm

The difference between this game and the previous game is we took our chances and West Ham just fell apart and lack desire and energy after they conceded the first.

They were savages by Merson and Keane at half time and fill time for the lack of hunger, desire and pride and it was felt they let Moyes down.

We create lots of chances in the home match too but the my were also much better.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:45 pm

Jedi wrote:Image

"The odd pass here and there"

He was literally linking up with EVERYONE today. Another brilliant display.

His touches we mainly passes that don’t affect the game, he’s there for more than doing some donkey work and some simple passes.

Basic diagrams like that don’t show how effective a player is and how he really impacts games.

The guy does the job of someone who costs 15 million and he gets praise for it, at 65 million and 250k+ a week he needs to do a lot more than that and have some sort of xfactor.

He’s shown none of that.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

His touches we mainly passes that don’t affect the game, he’s there for more than doing some donkey work and some simple passes.

Basic diagrams like that don’t show how effective a player is and how he really impacts games.

The guy does the job of someone who costs 15 million and he gets praise for it, at 65 million and 250k+ a week he needs to do a lot more than that and have some sort of xfactor.

He’s shown none of that.

LOL, give it up.
I know its been another shitty day for you, but you are only making it worse for yourself.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:59 pm

The way he finds space is really top class.
It's not surprising he's getting better and better - his teammates are getting used to his movement.
Great in the final 3rd too - 3 chances created with some good touches and also involved in a key in Trossards goal.
Love to see it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

He’s shown none of that.

LOL, give it up.
I know its been another shitty day for you, but you are only making it worse for yourself.

No pal, it’s been a good day, Saliba, Rice, Martinelli, all excellent amongst others.

Havertz still not much good though, he’s looks every bit of the flop from Chelsea that made them sell him.

Some of you Arsenal fans are easily pleased however so he can survive on what you can only deem as average performances.

He couldn’t even score in a 6-0 trashing as a CF and his efforts as usual go wide.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:05 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

He’s shown none of that.

LOL, give it up.

No pal, it’s been a good day, Saliba, Rice, Martinelli, all excellent amongst others.

Havertz still not much good though, he’s looks every bit of the flop from Chelsea that made them sell him.

Some of you Arsenal fans are easily pleased however so he can survive on what you can only deem as average performances.

He couldn’t even score in a 6-0 trashing as a CF and his efforts as usual go wide.

LOL

I must say we're doing really well for a team that can't score and had our season ruined by the ill advised break in Dubai to train in warm weather.

:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby 22-0 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:08 pm

You still stun locked about dubai.. amazing.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:09 pm

Tbf it was a really good decision
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:11 pm

22-0 wrote:You still stun locked about dubai.. amazing.

It's more stunning that a team that 'can't score' has now scored more than we did vs last season after 24 games - a season in which we broke our PL goal scoring record.

Strange to say the least. :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:13 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
LOL

I must say we're doing really well for a team that can't score and had our season ruined by the ill advised break in Dubai to train in warm weather.

lol you are funny, no one said it would ruin the season, as usual it’s sensationalist nonsense from you, they questioned it that’s all and to be fair why wouldn’t you.

But we also have had a lot of time off because of our early cup exits which means the players are very rested regardless.

Back to the subject of Havertz though, hasn’t done a lot for him, he’s still not doing anything particularly amazing and still not scoring goals, 5 all season which is pretty bad.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:16 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
LOL

lol you are funny, no one said it would ruin the season, as usual it’s sensationalist nonsense from you, they questioned it that’s all and to be fair why wouldn’t you.

But we also have had a lot of time off because of our early cup exits which means the players are very rested regardless.

Back to the subject of Havertz though, hasn’t done a lot for him, he’s still not doing anything particularly amazing and still not scoring goals, 5 all season which is pretty bad.

With us just having won 6-0 and Havertz playing really well, Arsenal fans are happy tonight.
We're looking really balanced, scoring goals like last year and keeping clean sheets.
Not a single Arsenal fan would ever dream of whining about a player who just played well as their main reaction to the game.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk