Kai Havertz (29)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:6/10 performance

Started on 5 as do all players. Got a point for his part in the sending off. Another point for not f***ing up. Lost a point for missing a sitter.

That's the 6. Bit of a nothing game overall and the fact him not messing up is his best contribution for a 65m player is pretty sad.

He's not the answer unless the question is who shouldn't start? But with Jesus never fit and not that good when he is and Eddie being lol worthy, he's all we got

At the stadium we all wanted him to go off for trossard. The groans when he didn't was deafening.

Fortunately it didn't cost us

I would give it a 7 out of 10, so we are not a million miles apart

6 out of 10 is certainly not the poor game that some people are arguing for!!


People argued it wasnt a good game, not that he was poor, I gave him 6.5 out of 10 kinds average, maybe slightly above average.

But given his status and cost that isn’t a good game.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15796
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:10 pm

A lot of you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees. It's not like he's a bad player or anything. But when you have to restructure an entire team to accommodate a man who clearly wasn't worth £65m and isn't worth his base £275k wages, there will be a bone of contention.

He might turn out to be the greatest player in this club's history. I hope he does. But as of now, we're back to adopting Chelsea's strategy of using him as a CF because he doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Fans are allowed to voice their criticism. It's not an unthinkable sin.

Is it his fault? It's not.

But as of now, it appears as if that he's much more suited for the CF role than the LCM role. Chelsea fans had forewarned us about this.

Here's hoping he delivers at Arsenal, otherwise, we're set to lose money on him. And, with FFP already on our back, that's really not nice.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 30525
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: Lyra

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:22 pm

It’s funny because a number of people were saying he wasn’t a CF when he signed and that Chelsea were playing him in the wrong position and that’s why he failed.

The call was that he was Xhaka’s replacement and an attacking midfielder and couldn’t operate well as CF, now there’s been a 360 u turn and it’s that he can’t play in midfield.

Thing is he spent the majority of his time at Chelsea up front and wasn’t very good at it, saw him play there against us and it was always a joy as the guy would miss chances and/or do very little.

I think most knew what we were getting when we signed him and it turns out they were spot on, he’s the same player that couldn’t hack it at Chelsea.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15796
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Nuggets » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:23 pm

Angelito wrote:A lot of you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees. It's not like he's a bad player or anything. But when you have to restructure an entire team to accommodate a man who clearly wasn't worth £65m and isn't worth his base £275k wages, there will be a bone of contention.

He might turn out to be the greatest player in this club's history. I hope he does. But as of now, we're back to adopting Chelsea's strategy of using him as a CF because he doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Fans are allowed to voice their criticism. It's not an unthinkable sin.

Is it his fault? It's not.

But as of now, it appears as if that he's much more suited for the CF role than the LCM role. Chelsea fans had forewarned us about this.

Here's hoping he delivers at Arsenal, otherwise, we're set to lose money on him. And, with FFP already on our back, that's really not nice.


Good post.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 26655
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby swipe right » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:31 pm

Angelito wrote:A lot of you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees. It's not like he's a bad player or anything. But when you have to restructure an entire team to accommodate a man who clearly wasn't worth £65m and isn't worth his base £275k wages, there will be a bone of contention.

He might turn out to be the greatest player in this club's history. I hope he does. But as of now, we're back to adopting Chelsea's strategy of using him as a CF because he doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Fans are allowed to voice their criticism. It's not an unthinkable sin.

Is it his fault? It's not.

But as of now, it appears as if that he's much more suited for the CF role than the LCM role. Chelsea fans had forewarned us about this.

Here's hoping he delivers at Arsenal, otherwise, we're set to lose money on him. And, with FFP already on our back, that's really not nice.

So how come the manager didn’t figure this out? Arrogance maybe?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:57 pm

He isn't a CF at all, that doesn't man he can't go up for headers or hold the ball up, every player should be able to do that, its basics.~

None of this changes the fact that he had a good game the other day and wasn't shit or poor as some people are claiming.
User avatar
theHotHead
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 19863
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:18 pm

So he’s not a CF and he’s not a midfielder.

What is he then, a left back like he was for Germany?

Imagine buying a 65 million pound player, making him the highest paid player at the club and in having no specialist position where he excels.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15796
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:18 am

I think DG got it right, he is a false 9
User avatar
theHotHead
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 19863
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Nuggets » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:29 am

Salibatelli wrote:So he’s not a CF and he’s not a midfielder.

What is he then, a left back like he was for Germany?

Imagine buying a 65 million pound player, making him the highest paid player at the club and in having no specialist position where he excels.


It makes you think WTF was he bought?
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 26655
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby 22-0 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:42 am

Nuggets wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:So he’s not a CF and he’s not a midfielder.

What is he then, a left back like he was for Germany?

Imagine buying a 65 million pound player, making him the highest paid player at the club and in having no specialist position where he excels.


It makes you think WTF was he bought?



One of the reasons why i have zero faith in Arteta and co.
User avatar
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6038
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Nuggets » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:59 am

22-0 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:So he’s not a CF and he’s not a midfielder.

What is he then, a left back like he was for Germany?

Imagine buying a 65 million pound player, making him the highest paid player at the club and in having no specialist position where he excels.


It makes you think WTF was he bought?



One of the reasons why i have zero faith in Arteta and co.


Snap.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 26655
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:05 pm

theHotHead wrote:I think DG got it right, he is a false 9


That’s basically where he played at Chelsea isn’t it and where he was poor and people defended him by saying he wasn’t one.

Doesn’t score enough goals to be a number 9 IMO and even if we ignored that (personally I think goals is fundamental to a number 9 particular in a team with no other specialist finisher), he doesn’t really contribute enough, that’s been for his entire career in England.

Effectively we now have 3 number 9s that don’t really score a lot.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15796
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Nuggets » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I think DG got it right, he is a false 9


That’s basically where he played at Chelsea isn’t it and where he was poor and people defended him by saying he wasn’t one.

Doesn’t score enough goals to be a number 9 IMO and even if we ignored that (personally I think goals is fundamental to a number 9 particular in a team with no other specialist finisher), he doesn’t really contribute enough, that’s been for his entire career in England.

Effectively we now have 3 number 9s that don’t really score a lot.

:( :rolleyes:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 26655
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:11 pm

This thread is getting very boring.....we've all been saying pretty much the same thing since page 5. Thats 257 pages ago! :rofll:
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa when not in Surrey

Re: Kai Havertz (29)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:19 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I think DG got it right, he is a false 9


That’s basically where he played at Chelsea isn’t it and where he was poor and people defended him by saying he wasn’t one.

Doesn’t score enough goals to be a number 9 IMO and even if we ignored that (personally I think goals is fundamental to a number 9 particular in a team with no other specialist finisher), he doesn’t really contribute enough, that’s been for his entire career in England.

Effectively we now have 3 number 9s that don’t really score a lot.

I thought he played as a CF at Chelsea
User avatar
theHotHead
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 19863
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests