Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby Dejan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:39 am

I cannot believe some people were happy getting him back for another year

he is truly average
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 am

Send him back nothing special about him at all.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:30 am

Pack your bags.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 pm

The only defence for Ceballos is that Arteta is completely misusing him.
He is playing too deep and in a defensive role.
I can't work out why, when we are lacking creativity, we're not playing him further forward.. instead opting to play bloody Willock as our creative force.
Arteta basically has Ceballos playing the Torriera role, who was better at it - but we got rid of him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:The only defence for Ceballos is that Arteta is completely misusing him.
He is playing too deep and in a defensive role.
I can't work out why, when we are lacking creativity, we're not playing him further forward.. instead opting to play bloody Willock as our creative force.
Arteta basically has Ceballos playing the Torriera role, who was better at it - but we got rid of him.

mindboggling how much dani drops off in mid. heck he was even dropping behind xhaka.

so done with arteta's joke of tactics. and as you mentioned we are relying on Willock for creativity? this is embarrassing to say the least.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:28 pm

He was clearly a better prospect to have than nothing but only by a small margin,
I would rather play a youngster than this guy now, he ain't worth developing let alone developing for another club
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:02 pm

Never rated this guy, as I said before barely creates anything, don’t know why we resigned him, it was a waste of money.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Interest: waning » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:18 pm

He's so average. Useless, cowardly player. Just like that c*** Xhaka. f**k the pair of them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby KG3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 am

Dani Ceballos is not the problem, his rubbish midfield partners Xhaka and Willock are. You’ll realise this in a few years when Cabellos is at the top balling for Madrid while Willock is playing for a championship side and Xhaka is back in Germany for a mid table team.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Ceballos will never be top balling for madrid. Unless madrids decline is as heavy as ours is.

He us average. Very average.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Too hit and miss of a player. Doesn't help bring that attacking fluidity need, neither a playmaker, goal threat, water carrier or defensive mid.

He needs to up his game again. I've noticed that along with sitting deep and not making many forward runs he's playing way out on the right when we're in possession. I think he's down that side to cover Bellerin when he goes forward with those inverted runs. Problem is, Dani isn't quick enough or strong enough to stop danger down that right side.

I think this purely an Arteta instruction because I've noticed for some games Elneny covering that same pocket of space. It's why we're getting this 'U' shaped formation with the striker looking alone on a island. Willock spent a lot of time on the left as well. It's just really odd stuff and some of the poor performances come back to manager instructions.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby KG3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Quality cameo from Cabellos those two passes into the box for Pepe and the one for Balogan into the box toward the end we’re world class.

It’s not his fault in the BPL he’s limited to a deeper role because Xhaka is rubbish and William is clueless.

Anyone who doesn’t rate this guy is an idiot, hope we buy him but I don’t think Zidane is an idiot Modric/Kross will need replacing soon.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:06 am

KG3 wrote:Quality cameo from Cabellos those two passes into the box for Pepe and the one for Balogan into the box toward the end we’re world class.

It’s not his fault in the BPL he’s limited to a deeper role because Xhaka is rubbish and William is clueless.

Anyone who doesn’t rate this guy is an idiot, hope we buy him but I don’t think Zidane is an idiot Modric/Kross will need replacing soon.

Great cameo and played some great passes in the final third but he has to play like that from start to finish when he starts games. It just be coming off the bench when we're already 3-1 up and we can afford to take risks because it's comfortable.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:21 am

Can you loan out a loanee?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:25 am

KG3 wrote:Quality cameo from Cabellos those two passes into the box for Pepe and the one for Balogan into the box toward the end we’re world class.

Those 2 passes were passes of the highest level !!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to World Football