Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Zenith wrote:Says what I think many of us have felt for some time now -

Props to him, it probably wasn't an easy thing to admit. PL is simply too hard to adjust to for some players.

Hopefully he's not coming back next season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:10 pm

It's not hard when you know your season with Arsenal is coming to an end and unlikely to be renewed. When Arteta froze him out last season he did a reversal on wanting to stay at Arsenal and talked about playing for Madrid again. But once Arteta gave him a run of games he was open to staying with us.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Power n Glory wrote:It's not hard when you know your season with Arsenal is coming to an end and unlikely to be renewed. When Arteta froze him out last season he did a reversal on wanting to stay at Arsenal and talked about playing for Madrid again. But once Arteta gave him a run of games he was open to staying with us.

He's not top quality in the sense he's not a player who has the intelligence to play with little time.
He has skill and technique, but players like Fabregas and Ozil had the vision to see what was around them and what the options were before they received the ball. Ceballos, receives it and then tries to work out what to do...hence he gets himself in trouble.
He was moved to a more defensive position but that didn't work either. He's just not that good at tackling and is too prone to losing the ball in dangerous positions.
La Liga is best for him, it hasn't worked out for him at the higher level of the PL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:It's not hard when you know your season with Arsenal is coming to an end and unlikely to be renewed. When Arteta froze him out last season he did a reversal on wanting to stay at Arsenal and talked about playing for Madrid again. But once Arteta gave him a run of games he was open to staying with us.

He's not top quality in the sense he's not a player who has the intelligence to play with little time.
He has skill and technique, but players like Fabregas and Ozil had the vision to see what was around them and what the options were before they received the ball. Ceballos, receives it and then tries to work out what to do...hence he gets himself in trouble.
He was moved to a more defensive position but that didn't work either. He's just not that good at tackling and is too prone to losing the ball in dangerous positions.
La Liga is best for him, it hasn't worked out for him at the higher level of the PL.

A top notch assessment there as far as I'm concerned given my agreement with it.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:15 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

A top notch assessment there as far as I'm concerned given my agreement with it.

Used to love just watching Fabregas play - would watch him off the ball and ignore the play.
Never seen a player scan so much. Head constantly moving around to see what the opportunities were.
Ozil too was good at that , but not quite at the level of Fabregas.
To me, it is the hallmark of a great midfielder - or at least something that separates the good from the great.
I see some signs of it with ESR, which I am excited about.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:19 pm

The Championship is best for him, it hasn't worked out for him at the higher level of the PL.

FTFY :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Rockape wrote:
The Championship is best for him, it hasn't worked out for him at the higher level of the PL.

FTFY :lol:

La Liga, Championship - much of a muchness.
:biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Godlop » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Worst midfielder I have seen for Arsenal. Denilson by far --> Ceballos.

Time for Azeez.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Glad he doesn't want to stay another year.

He's got the passion. Not much else
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:34 pm

Very good that he'll be unavailable next leg.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 pm

Turns out he sucks against Spanish opposition too.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 pm

aniym wrote:Turns out he sucks against Spanish opposition too.

I don't think I can ever remember a player having a worse tournament than Ceballos's 2020/21 EL.
I mean he's been a one-man wrecking crew - working on behalf of the opposition.
It boggles the mind how he managed to be on the team sheet tonight.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:32 pm

Very harsh sending off but he was poor anyway.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:55 pm

Why was he playing? after all the comments and his shocking form, why?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 am

EliteKiller wrote:Why was he playing? after all the comments and his shocking form, why?

Especially in Europe. He can't deal with the pressure. Those suicidal back passes to Leno almost cost us the Benfica tie.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football