Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:27 pm

swipe right wrote:How does one say overrated in Spanish?

I think its pronounced "Troll"?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Ceballos: "I don't feel sorry for not being in Madrid. I didn't play or enjoy football. I knew the importance of this year. My goal is to reach the EURO 2020 and going to Arsenal has been a very important step in my career. I made the right decision to leave Real Madrid, there I didn't play and didn't enjoy football."

He will definitely stay beyond this season.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:08 pm

BS221B wrote:
Ceballos: "I don't feel sorry for not being in Madrid. I didn't play or enjoy football. I knew the importance of this year. My goal is to reach the EURO 2020 and going to Arsenal has been a very important step in my career. I made the right decision to leave Real Madrid, there I didn't play and didn't enjoy football."

I might be overthinking this one, but Ceballos looks likely to follow Ozil and Torreira. Emery isn't using him to his strengths. Once Bellerín and Tierney become regulars, the two CMs ahead of Xhaka will have the responsibilities of running around and subbing in for the FBs when the FBs are high up the pitch. Ceballos is the worst type for that role. It fits Guendouzi because he has that English pashun and raw, abundant energy. Ceballos isn't that kind.

In addition, I'm not surprised that Unai seems to have problems at Arsenal with midfielders. It was the case with Ramsey and Mkhi too. He announced Ramsey as his #10. Was bamboozled by Ramsey's style. Benched him. Before he had to bring him back to play him alongside Ozil.

On a side note, Martinelli is another guy I can see having issues with Unai. He's very ambitious and the ultimate dream for Martinelli is to play for Barca/Real although it might be Real now as he had an unsuccessful trial with Barca. As the article the other day on the Athletic alluded to, it's about what Unai can do for Martinelli and not what Martinelli can do for Unai. Martinelli's dad is super ambitious and strategic too. If we're not tactful enough, we might have a sticky situation on our hands.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gamechannel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Angelito wrote:
BS221B wrote:

I might be overthinking this one, but Ceballos looks likely to follow Ozil and Torreira. Emery isn't using him to his strengths. Once Bellerín and Tierney become regulars, the two CMs ahead of Xhaka will have the responsibilities of running around and subbing in for the FBs when the FBs are high up the pitch. Ceballos is the worst type for that role. It fits Guendouzi because he has that English pashun and raw, abundant energy. Ceballos isn't that kind.

In addition, I'm not surprised that Unai seems to have problems at Arsenal with midfielders. It was the case with Ramsey and Mkhi too. He announced Ramsey as his #10. Was bamboozled by Ramsey's style. Benched him. Before he had to bring him back to play him alongside Ozil.

On a side note, Martinelli is another guy I can see having issues with Unai. He's very ambitious and the ultimate dream for Martinelli is to play for Barca/Real although it might be Real now as he had an unsuccessful trial with Barca. As the article the other day on the Athletic alluded to, it's about what Unai can do for Martinelli and not what Martinelli can do for Unai. Martinelli's dad is super ambitious and strategic too. If we're not tactful enough, we might have a sticky situation on our hands.

No one can predict what Emery will do. He might just start David Luiz as no. 10 one of these days.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Players like Dani & Pepe would look a lot more impressive if they had decent defenders backing them up and a not so high line, you can see that with Douzi also when Xhaka gets subbed off and Torreira comes on, he starts playmaking and getting up and down the pitch, when Xhakas on the pitch Douzi just looks like a clumsy DM.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, has held talks with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez about turning his loan move with Arsenal into a permanent switch. (El Desmarque, via Mail on Sunday)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 pm

He's not very good
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Come home Aaron.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Manoban » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Playing a loanie that will leave in a season, who btw is nothing special, over our own highest paid player that is contracted until 2021

oh dear
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:44 pm

Hope we don't buy this guy, he looks lost.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:46 pm

NovaGB wrote:Hope we don't buy this guy, he looks lost.

Not good enough for PL level.
Send him back in Jan.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 pm

I think hes pushing for the Arsenal deal because hes playing shit and Madrid won't want him, he doesn't look any better than Denis Suarez beyond that good game against Burnley.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Well he is very good on the ball, always retains it, works hard for a skillful player but again like Pepe its the final ball which is a let down.

if he could nab the odd goal or play better balls into the forwards he'd be spectacular ...........

God I'm starting to miss Ozil.

People underestimate how difficult it is to find players who play top level final balls, Ozil could do it in his sleep .............. but everyone wanted a hard working run about right?

Smh.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:14 am

Got to try Ozil, Cebalos and Torreira together and see what happens. Can’t be worse than losing to Sheffield. At least try it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:11 pm

He’s not a 10, thought everyone would know this by now
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to World Football