Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby ESR10 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:51 pm

I didn't think he was that bad today but he ain't no Odegaard
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:55 pm

ESR10 wrote:I didn't think he was that bad today but he ain't no Odegaard

He is way better than Odegaard, who again was average today when he came on.. he does seem to have some great PR and media hype though, so good for him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:56 pm

Lost confidence probably. Is pretty average anyway. Should get rid right away in summer. Got plenty of chances to established himself but isn't cut out for top leagues.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

He is way better than Odegaard, who again was average today when he came on.. he does seem to have some great PR and media hype though, so good for him.

I don't think many will agree with you on that
ESR10

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Odegaard is a level ahead of Ceballos.

Ceballos passion, work rate and unnecessary twirls gives the impression he's better than he actually is imo.

Decent squad player but he doesn't really excel in any position. Too weak to play DM, average vision and final ball for AM and too sloppy for a CM.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Showed a lack of awareness again and got caught out for that goal. He should have released it to Elneny earlier which could have resulted in a good chance on goal.

Felt a bit like Elneny was stiched up for that moment because he made a decent run but didn't get the ball so there was no cover. Noticed earlier before the goal that Xhaka was pressuring him to play it forward but the forward pass Xhaka was gesturing for wasn't on and caused Elneny to hesitate a bit before passing. Maybe the safety first stigma is getting to him because he never usually bombs forward like that and despite it not really being his fault, he was hooked along with Ceballos.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 pm

ESR10 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 pm

ESR10 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Jay's been hating on Odegaard since the off.

Ridiculous, the kids a good player, scored in the last two games and links the attack well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:14 am

alexafc12 wrote:Odegaard is a level ahead of Ceballos.

Ceballos passion, work rate and unnecessary twirls gives the impression he's better than he actually is imo.

Decent squad player but he doesn't really excel in any position. Too weak to play DM, average vision and final ball for AM and too sloppy for a CM.

100% this.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:24 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:All Leno.

Even worse than I thought. Ceballos had no chance.

Leno rightly getting humiliated by Keown.

Huh ????

Look how much space Ceballos was in, he turned into the player closest to him. How is that Leno's fault ??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Leno shouldn't have played that ball but Ceballos could have turned his right to protect the ball more or knocked it back to Leno first time. Instead he takes a touch and turns straight to the opponent. Poor awareness and decision making from both Leno and Ceballos. But the bulk of that is on Leno.

do me a favour, look how much space Ceballos is in ! The closest player to him was the player he turned into , but when the ball was played to him that player wasn't as close as the screenshots on here show.

I cannot blame Leno for that, he would expect his teammate to not be a cluttz and a) have a poor first touch and b) turn into danger.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:28 pm

ESR10 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I don't think anyone will agree with him on that :hiding:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Leno shouldn't have played that ball but Ceballos could have turned his right to protect the ball more or knocked it back to Leno first time. Instead he takes a touch and turns straight to the opponent. Poor awareness and decision making from both Leno and Ceballos. But the bulk of that is on Leno.

do me a favour, look how much space Ceballos is in ! The closest player to him was the player he turned into , but when the ball was played to him that player wasn't as close as the screenshots on here show.

I cannot blame Leno for that, he would expect his teammate to not be a cluttz and a) have a poor first touch and b) turn into danger.

Do you read the first line of a post and then start responding without reading the rest?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Do you read the first line of a post and then start responding without reading the rest?

PNG, raise your game son !!

Did you ... or did you not attribute at least part of the blame on Leno, in your post ? I put a bit in bold to help you answer. :dontknow:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:17 pm

I've been around here a while now and you'll rarely see me slagging off our players, but Ive seen enough of Ceballos now to know that he's in no way, shape, or form.....the right player for us. It would be a big mistake to keep him! Get rid please, MA.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football