Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:How I miss Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla. We wouldn’t have a midfield problem had that mug Emery not sold the for nothing.

Wilshere left under Wenger's watch, Cazorla was injured so we let him go and Ramsey's contract entered his final 12 months under Wenger because Wenger let him run down his contract.

Wenger single handedly tried to ruin this club and unlike Emery was actually in charge of transfers.

Who put Ozil on 350k pw? who let RVP leave for Man Utd, who let Sanchez run his contract down, who bought all the dead wood and 3rd rate players its taken us 2-3 years to get rid of, who tried to stop us buying Auba who the next season was a Golden boot winner?

The main evil, the Board! KSE, who don't care!

Wenger was a God to them, they sacked him over top 4!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Godlop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Ceballos doesn't score much more than Özil but atleast he takes shots and actually moves into the penalty area.
Needs to start against Chelsea.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:36 am

Apparently Ceballos wants out.

FFS! Dafuq is wrong with our club.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Yes Ceballos wants Madrid to cancel the loan, he's had enough of Arteta not playing him with the Euros around the corner:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/23/dani-ceballos-arsenal-mikel-arteta-exit-transfer-afc-12107654/

You'd have thought he might have got a chance, Arteta has been quick enough to give duds like Xhaka and Mustafi a game. It was a strange loan though, it takes time to adapt to the PL, to have him on a one year loan with no option to buy was odd, it would take him 6 months to settle and if he did and performed we wouldn't have got him anwyay.

Loans are utterly pointless IMO.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 pm

swipe right wrote:How I miss Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla. We wouldn’t have a midfield problem had that mug Emery not sold the for nothing.

I miss Ramsey sooooooooooo much, his "injuries" are over blown by our fan base, Ramsey scored lots and lots and lots of goals for us, and he was also at the heart of the only happy times we have had in this club in the last 15 years, Ramsey was always the guy to get the vital goal and give the vital assist for us to win some trophies in the last 15 years, he was at the center and heart of it all.

Horrific loss to this club, Ramsey was a damn good player and also a very good goal scoring midfielder, we badly miss him. Ramsey going has hurt us badly, no one else scores in midfield, its a huge loss.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Ramsey averaged 5 goals a season for us. Hardly a great scoring midfielder. He was good, but is now being highly overrated by our fans because our midfield is so shit at the moment. I never thought he could control the midfield good enough. He would panic on the ball when the press was heavy and then probably lose it. Tried way too many silly back heels that never came off. But for many he's a legend because of his FA Cup goals and just timely goals in general, but because of that is also is why so many overrate him. He was a good player, not great. His work rate was better than his overall skill was.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Ramsey couldn't reach his potential because of the horrific tackle by Shawcross.
Otherwise he could be a goal scoring midfielder like Lampard. What a loss!.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:42 pm

StLGooner wrote:Ramsey averaged 5 goals a season for us. Hardly a great scoring midfielder. He was good, but is now being highly overrated by our fans because our midfield is so shit at the moment. I never thought he could control the midfield good enough. He would panic on the ball when the press was heavy and then probably lose it. Tried way too many silly back heels that never came off. But for many he's a legend because of his FA Cup goals and just timely goals in general, but because of that is also is why so many overrate him. He was a good player, not great. His work rate was better than his overall skill was.

Yeah but he is way too good to be let go for free, it was a catastrophic error by this club in my opinion. Ramsey has amazing cardio, he is one of the fittest players in the prem, he could get box too box all game and not tire out, and would get vital goals and vital assists.

IF we had got a huge amount of money for him then I wouldn't feel so strongly about it, but letting him go like that for free was a huge error in my opinion, its hurt us a lot.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm

elkanofan wrote:Apparently Ceballos wants out.

FFS! Dafuq is wrong with our club.
Thankgod. He is not good enough

Bye

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:09 pm

StLGooner wrote:Ramsey averaged 5 goals a season for us. Hardly a great scoring midfielder. He was good, but is now being highly overrated by our fans because our midfield is so shit at the moment. I never thought he could control the midfield good enough. He would panic on the ball when the press was heavy and then probably lose it. Tried way too many silly back heels that never came off. But for many he's a legend because of his FA Cup goals and just timely goals in general, but because of that is also is why so many overrate him. He was a good player, not great. His work rate was better than his overall skill was.
Jep

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Özim wrote:Yes Ceballos wants Madrid to cancel the loan, he's had enough of Arteta not playing him with the Euros around the corner:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/23/dani-ceballos-arsenal-mikel-arteta-exit-transfer-afc-12107654/

You'd have thought he might have got a chance, Arteta has been quick enough to give duds like Xhaka and Mustafi a game. It was a strange loan though, it takes time to adapt to the PL, to have him on a one year loan with no option to buy was odd, it would take him 6 months to settle and if he did and performed we wouldn't have got him anwyay.

Loans are utterly pointless IMO.

Arteta is focusing on "his" players, what's the point in spending time on Cebellos just to see Madrid take him back in 4 months?

A loan is useful but only when you have an injury crisis or only one player for the position.

Right now we could def use a loanee at LB for example, we can't just have Saka (not even a LB) playing every game in all comps.

............ what if Saka goes down = fked.

But other than that loans are not great, players loan to get game time, if we have squad members for that position then they won't get played.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Arteta is focusing on "his" players, what's the point in spending time on Cebellos just to see Madrid take him back in 4 months?

A loan is useful but only when you have an injury crisis or only one player for the position.

Right now we could def use a loanee at LB for example, we can't just have Saka (not even a LB) playing every game in all comps.

............ what if Saka goes down = fked.

But other than that loans are not great, players loan to get game time, if we have squad members for that position then they won't get played.

I understand that, but then unless he rates them why is he wasting his time on Xhaka and Mustafi?

Personally, I'd stick with Saka until the others are fit, he's done pretty well and the rubbish we've been linked with isn't any better. We need to save money not waste it on the rubbish we're linked with. if we sell Kolasinac in the summer we can revisit it but right now Saka is fine until Kolasinac returns. If Saka gets injured you find someone else to fill in, or switch your formation to have two wingers at full back and play 3 CBs, or you just stick a CB there, Zach Medley must be able to do a job short term.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:44 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:

Yeah but he is way too good to be let go for free, it was a catastrophic error by this club in my opinion. Ramsey has amazing cardio, he is one of the fittest players in the prem, he could get box too box all game and not tire out, and would get vital goals and vital assists.

IF we had got a huge amount of money for him then I wouldn't feel so strongly about it, but letting him go like that for free was a huge error in my opinion, its hurt us a lot.

Well yea of course. We're in no financial position to let anyone go for free.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm baffled by this, if Ceballos is fit to play we should be playing him. He is the best at what he does in our squad.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Don't know if he's best at anything, but he is a midfielder who can pass ok, hold the ball moderately, dribble a little, and shoots once in awhile. So he should get in the first team now and then. Pretty much similar to what all our other midfielders are doing.... mediocre but ok.
Don't expect goals or terrific performances.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football