Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:51 am

ag6789 wrote:He's not worth that much at all. We'll have opportunity to sign couple of ManCity midfielders this summer. Some are out of contract and some'll look for European football. We should concentrate on securing them or anyone as good as them. Think we can find quite a few bargains in this time of turmoil.

So players are going to leave Man City because of a lack of CL and they are going to come to Arsenal? For what reason exactly? To play in CL? Or are they going to come here for paid time off vacation like Ozil?
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zenith » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:07 am

Only 34-year-olds David Silva (2020) and Fernandinho (2021) have expiring contracts.

Leroy Sané's contract also expires in 2021 but he'll have better options. He's Bayern-bound.

All other City midfielders are tied down until 2023, 2024 or 2025.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:02 pm

As long as Pep stays nobody will be leaving Man City
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:34 pm

theHotHead wrote:As long as Pep stays nobody will be leaving Man City

... And Pep is staying.

He will have offers from Juve and PSG. He can easily take that Brazil job. But I don't think he's leaving.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:34 am

David Silva has already indicated that he will not be extending his contract at City and walk out as a free agent come June.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:10 am

Zenith wrote:

David Silva has already indicated that he will not be extending his contract at City and walk out as a free agent come June.

Of course he is.

People need to start learning, especially with the 30ish yr olds ......... like Auba, all of them will take free agency.

Just like Sanchez, just like Ramsey, they're not looking to slave their way up the pay grade, they're looking at that age to cash in, Free agency is like winning the lottery for a footballer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Of course he is.

People need to start learning, especially with the 30ish yr olds ......... like Auba, all of them will take free agency.

Just like Sanchez, just like Ramsey, they're not looking to slave their way up the pay grade, they're looking at that age to cash in, Free agency is like winning the lottery for a footballer.

Yup. Wenger called it years ago.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 am

Angelito wrote:Don't know. £40m is like the new £10m so in old market terms, Ceballos would warrant around £12m.

£40-45m isn't astronomical.

I wouldn't go beyond £30m though. We simply don't have the money.

So you would be ok with him being the main midfield signing this summer?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Of course he is.

Not necessarily. You don't take into account that Auba has a very strong negotiating position, just like if he were to join another club on a free his wages would be higher because no signing on fee would be required. Arsenal would have to spend £100m+ for a replacement for Auba so, he can ask for considerably more wages to stay at Arsenal because Arsenal wouldn't need to waste money on a signing on fee.

So whether he stays at Arsenal or goes, in my opinion, won't change the wages he will get.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:06 am

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Of course he is.

Not necessarily. You don't take into account that Auba has a very strong negotiating position, just like if he were to join another club on a free his wages would be higher because no signing on fee would be required. Arsenal would have to spend £100m+ for a replacement for Auba so, he can ask for considerably more wages to stay at Arsenal because Arsenal wouldn't need to waste money on a signing on fee.

So whether he stays at Arsenal or goes, in my opinion, won't change the wages he will get.

Whilst it's not the rule, the player's salary can be similar. It can also vary strongly.

It's the signing-on bonus and agent fees that are generally much larger with free agents than is the case with contract extensions.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:13 pm

gooney wrote:
Angelito wrote:Don't know. £40m is like the new £10m so in old market terms, Ceballos would warrant around £12m.

I didn't say that. I didn't say it because I'm not sure.

Under Arteta, I'm sure Dani will have a great season if we sign him up.

That said, what are the other midfield options? Who could we possibly buy within our budget?

If we sell Xhaka, we'd have an additional budget of £25m, or thereabouts. The problem is I don't think we'd sell him. Under Wenger, Xhaka was second-choice after Cazorla. Under Emery and Arteta, he's the first-choice CM.

I'm in favor of buying Ceballos as I think he's our best CM. But anything above £30m is steep.

CM/DLP is our main priority. If we acquire a top class CM/DLP, we might not need Ceballos' services. It depends on 'Douzi. But I don't think 'Douzi's ceiling is as high as Dani's is.

Rest assured we're not going to sign the next Cazorla, Fabregas, or Silva.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Don't think 'Douzi' is progressing as expected. His game has remained haphazard and indisciplined as before. His main deficiency is he cannot remain rooted to a certain position/zone, and is neither a good tackler or a distributor. Both of which he needs to do effectively to tie down a spot in the first team. He needs to go on a loan next season to improve , otherwise don't see a future for him at AFC.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:

I didn't say that. I didn't say it because I'm not sure.

Under Arteta, I'm sure Dani will have a great season if we sign him up.

That said, what are the other midfield options? Who could we possibly buy within our budget?

If we sell Xhaka, we'd have an additional budget of £25m, or thereabouts. The problem is I don't think we'd sell him. Under Wenger, Xhaka was second-choice after Cazorla. Under Emery and Arteta, he's the first-choice CM.

I'm in favor of buying Ceballos as I think he's our best CM. But anything above £30m is steep.

CM/DLP is our main priority. If we acquire a top class CM/DLP, we might not need Ceballos' services. It depends on 'Douzi. But I don't think 'Douzi's ceiling is as high as Dani's is.

Rest assured we're not going to sign the next Cazorla, Fabregas, or Silva.

I rather take a chance on unknown cause i just dont see it with this guy. He is average imo, specially off ball. Slow, weak and unathletic
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Nah, he has the tools to be brilliant. for me he is let down by his decision making, over doing it at times. He can run with the ball and twist and turn on a sixpence, excellent for tight central midfield battles, and he can tackle too.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StockGooner » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:38 am

I'd take him, like HH said, he can tackle which I didn't expect of him
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football