Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:Nah, he has the tools to be brilliant. for me he is let down by his decision making, over doing it at times. He can run with the ball and twist and turn on a sixpence, excellent for tight central midfield battles, and he can tackle too.

He is very deceptive player. He is very good at running from deep when he has bit space. But he can’t run past anyone hence the constant twists, he also has very poor vision. 30 million for this average player would be typical Arsenal business
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Perhaps he is trying too hard to impress, it seems like that to me, when he keeps it simple he is very good.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:Perhaps he is trying too hard to impress, it seems like that to me, when he keeps it simple he is very good.

he is not and has not been very good outside of his first game. We are 10th in the league and midfield has been our worst performing area....so how the hell has he been very good. The standard of whats good for us is not even good for the likes of everton or wolves now. Its scary how far we have fallen. We are dreaming fo the days we could be a top 4 team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Gooney, your problem is you over simplify everything, its all black and white to you. He has periods in games where he does well then loses the ball or misplaces poor passes, but typically, when he keeps it simple, he looks good and effective !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:42 pm

I’m afraid I can only agree with Gooney on this. His first game form was stunning and filled me with hope. Since then, his form has been patchy at best.

The thought of including him in a deal to swap Martinelli, would leave me list for words, if it happened.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Has a lot of talent but hasn't done enough yet to warrant a signing
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:54 pm

He's limited; not a goal scorer, and slow in transition. Can be kept as an understudy of a good midfielder. Ways to go to become a mainstay.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:43 am

theHotHead wrote:Gooney, your problem is you over simplify everything, its all black and white to you. He has periods in games where he does well then loses the ball or misplaces poor passes, but typically, when he keeps it simple, he looks good and effective !

He is not a very good player. Listen he wouldnt get a minute for a top 6 team. Im not saying we have to sign elite players, but come on if this is our big midfield signing, we might as well give up. Do you watch our midfield and see how bad it is? Like I said I rather take a chance on an unknown unproven player, thats how little I rate him. Im simply not falling for the simple things he does well to cover the big holes in his game, Slow, weak, poor defensively and lack vision. Dont score or assist......yeah he gets the ball, do nice move and release it. Xhaka is a better player and more important for the team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:02 am

The bigger problem with our midfield is the system then the players. We haven't found a system that works with the players we have. We still concede too much space and too many shots on goal, we are way too open in the middle of the park
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:41 am

theHotHead wrote:The bigger problem with our midfield is the system then the players. We haven't found a system that works with the players we have. We still concede too much space and too many shots on goal, we are way too open in the middle of the park

so all these managers cant find a system that makes average players great players? its not system....its quality. If it was system then other top teams would show interest in our midfielders. when Xhaka was axed, he was linked with a move to germany or loan to newcastle. who is after Torreira or Ceballos? Unless you saying you see something these managers and other teams dont see
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 am

You just need to look at Liverpool to see a team of what I think are mostly average players - looking like world beaters.

Now I am not saying we can be world beaters, but with the right system we should be better than we currently are.

Wenger was shit. Emery was shit. Ljungberg was shit. I dont count any of them as decent managers. Arteta seems to have something but I am reserving judgement for now.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:00 pm

theHotHead wrote:You just need to look at Liverpool to see a team of what I think are mostly average players - looking like world beaters.

Now I am not saying we can be world beaters, but with the right system we should be better than we currently are.

Wenger was shit. Emery was shit. Ljungberg was shit. I dont count any of them as decent managers. Arteta seems to have something but I am reserving judgement for now.

Fabinho ain’t average nor is Henderson or Gino. All of them faster than our midfielders and they are smart players. Xhaka is not smart, torreira is a midget and gunny is a kid. Come on now surely you don’t think player for player they are same level
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 pm

gooney wrote:
theHotHead wrote:You just need to look at Liverpool to see a team of what I think are mostly average players - looking like world beaters.

Fabinho ain’t average nor is Henderson or Gino. All of them faster than our midfielders and they are smart players. Xhaka is not smart, torreira is a midget and gunny is a kid. Come on now surely you don’t think player for player they are same level

True dat!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby knowledge93 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:39 am

gooney wrote:

They are average though. The one thing they excel at is athleticism. Average passing with no real goal threat.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:15 pm

gooney wrote:

Mate Fabinho is pants, Henderson has an engine and Wijnaldum is pants I don't rate any of them, the most flair-less midfield in the Premier League, probably. Alexander Arnold is good going forward and shit defending, the only good CB they have is VVD. Firmino is average at best. Lallana is wank and we sold Ox because he was mediocre - and still is. Keita is meh.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to World Football