Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:08 pm

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Agree Zedie. But let’s enjoy his contributions for now and not worry about next year. Who knows what happens in the next 12 months. Things change a lot in football.

Exactly this !!

If this deal was the only way to get him then so be it, even if it is just for a year.

In a nutshell, having a player of this quality can NEVER be a bad thing/idea and I don't know why you keep making these silly hypothetical stories/scenarios up. Lets look at facts and figures. Ceballos led various stats on the day, if he can repeat these type of performances it lifts the heads of the players around him and gives the fans more confidence. Young players can learn from him so Nelson and Willock might improve as a result. Thats all that matters, do we benefit from having Ceballos ? Yes, so what are you moaning about. If the answer is No then fine, moan all you want.

People just like to complain about everything. You would think that someone like Zedie who was the Professor of Doom during the transfer window would be pleased that we improved our squad quality this season, but he still finds something to bitch and moan about, about one of our high profile signings.

You cant see a problem because you cant see past your nose.

Like most things, we'll agree to disagree on this. Hope you're ok when inevitably were struggling to keep him at the end of the season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Agree Zedie. But let’s enjoy his contributions for now and not worry about next year. Who knows what happens in the next 12 months. Things change a lot in football.

Exactly this !!

If this deal was the only way to get him then so be it, even if it is just for a year.

In a nutshell, having a player of this quality can NEVER be a bad thing/idea and I don't know why you keep making these silly hypothetical stories/scenarios up. Lets look at facts and figures. Ceballos led various stats on the day, if he can repeat these type of performances it lifts the heads of the players around him and gives the fans more confidence. Young players can learn from him so Nelson and Willock might improve as a result. Thats all that matters, do we benefit from having Ceballos ? Yes, so what are you moaning about. If the answer is No then fine, moan all you want.

People just like to complain about everything. You would think that someone like Zedie who was the Professor of Doom during the transfer window would be pleased that we improved our squad quality this season, but he still finds something to bitch and moan about, about one of our high profile signings.

Yep, it's a great signing.
All that matters is what he does for us this year.
If he helps us get 4th then it gives us a huge boost in the transfer market as we'll be offering CL football.
I really don;t know how anyone could complain about the signing.
Baffling.

So no quotes from anyone talking about how we shouldn't sign cabellos?

No further feedback about how nketiah could easily replace the average auba?

Thought not :rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Ceballos showed us what we were missing in Midfield since Santi! :celebrate: :eat: :goal11: :) :builder: :champagne1: :grad:

He CONTROLLED that Midfield like it was his own BACKYARD!!! :notworthy:

Thats what we've been missing in the middle! Dynamism!!!

Xhaka has been dulling the midfield [ :newspaper: ] for YEARS with NOTHING :tumbleweed: close to Ceballos Quality!

So the Mid field Partnership at DM this Season & Especially at LIVERPOOL!

Torreira + ANYBODY[Except Xhaka]

Gunedouzi / Willock / Luiz[If Holding returns] / Ceballos[if Ozil returns..or not :ghost: ]

/The water boy....& if ALL THESE GUYS go 'missing' due to a SUDDEN...inconspicuous 'illness' :ghost:

THEN....XHAKA can play...

ON THE BENCH!!! :forbidden:
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:24 pm

LOL - I can't see past my nose :rofll:

I choose to not whine about everything Zedie and see merit in things where others don't - case in point - why I disagreed that the squad was as bad as others made out. I don't surround myself with negative energy, I am a positive energy kinda guy.

I suspect you would moan if you won £1m but it was in the wrong kind of notes.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Not arsed whether he stays or goes at the end of the season

CL football is the prerogative, we’ll either get him or a replacement in, as long as we’re back with the big boys I couldn’t give a f**k what happens with him so long as he bangs this season

Who knows, Smith-Rowe might be ready to fill his boots by next may, or a great option might be on the market
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Sims wrote:Not arsed whether he stays or goes at the end of the season

CL football is the prerogative, we’ll either get him or a replacement in, as long as we’re back with the big boys I couldn’t give a f**k what happens with him so long as he bangs this season

Who knows, Smith-Rowe might be ready to fill his boots by next may, or a great option might be on the market

Smith-Rowe? :rofll:

Your problem Sims is you keep overestimating our Youth.

Look at our youths levels which is about 6/10 compared to Real Madrid's Youth Levels which is more 8-9/10.

Smith-Rowe will NEVER be as good as Ceballos, ever, SR is on his way to becoming Wilshere, hopefully slightly better.

We don't even make footballers like Ceballos over here, British players lack serious tekkers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:50 pm

I wouldn't write off Smith-Rowe so easily. The kid has potential, and an eye for the goal. He's in the same mode as Foden, and Jordan Sancho.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 pm

ag6789 wrote:I wouldn't write off Smith-Rowe so easily. The kid has potential, and an eye for the goal. He's in the same mode as Foden, and Jordan Sancho.

Time will tell, but I am getting sick of us pumping up our youth like their ballers when their not.

I have hope for Willock, I think he can become a £45m player, our Young Brazilian Winger looks good and obviously Guendouzi is already imo a £35m player on his way to £45m in the next 2 years.

But the rest? well ........ try to sell them and see what offer's we get, that's how we get rid of the BS and see their true worth.

AFC soft touch favourtism doesn't carry weight in the cold light of day on the transfer market.

Why do you think everyone was shocked when Everton came in for £35-£40m for Iwobi ......... and why we sold him asap, its because AFC knew they'd never get a better offer again, bet they couldn't believe their luck.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Yes, Iwobi was tried and tested, was sold when he couldn't further his potential, so was Ox, but nurturing the youth is the only way to beat the market, full of Oilers with their obscene resources. Need to have faith in the Academy pupils, only way get some real talent for long-term.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby themessiah » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 pm

ag6789 wrote:I wouldn't write off Smith-Rowe so easily. The kid has potential, and an eye for the goal. He's in the same mode as Foden, and Jordan Sancho.

Scored pretty much every game he played for the first team, can play anywhere in attacking midfield, just struggled with injuries.

Easy to forget that our best young player last year in cup games was ESR pre injury. Be interested to see how he returns this season.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Not arsed whether he stays or goes at the end of the season

Smith-Rowe? :rofll:

Your problem Sims is you keep overestimating our Youth.

Look at our youths levels which is about 6/10 compared to Real Madrid's Youth Levels which is more 8-9/10.

Smith-Rowe will NEVER be as good as Ceballos, ever, SR is on his way to becoming Wilshere, hopefully slightly better.

We don't even make footballers like Ceballos over here, British players lack serious tekkers.

I rate Nelson, Willock etc but ESR is easily the most talented out of the lot. You don’t get targeted by RB Leipzig if you’re not gonna make it

He’ll be either playing regularly in the BuLi before the window shuts or in and around the first team before the end of the season

Brexit KDB

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Appleseeds10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 pm

His first turn was :arse fan:
Last edited by Appleseeds10 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appleseeds10
Liam Brady

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:40 pm

ag6789 wrote:Yes, Iwobi was tried and tested, was sold when he couldn't further his potential, so was Ox, but nurturing the youth is the only way to beat the market, full of Oilers with their obscene resources. Need to have faith in the Academy pupils, only way get some real talent for long-term.

Yes of course.

Selling Iwobi for that much must of renewed AFC's committment to the idea, even if it means just us selling them.

If we're going to get possibly £25-40m for either of Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe then yeah why not, that's around £100m or more for that crop.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Yes, Iwobi was tried and tested, was sold when he couldn't further his potential, so was Ox, but nurturing the youth is the only way to beat the market, full of Oilers with their obscene resources. Need to have faith in the Academy pupils, only way get some real talent for long-term.

Yes of course.

Selling Iwobi for that much must of renewed AFC's committment to the idea, even if it means just us selling them.

If we're going to get possibly £25-40m for either of Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe then yeah why not, that's around £100m or more for that crop.

I've seen enough of Nelson to know that any offer approaching £25m should be an immediate 'yes please'.
The others, no.
Willock should be given more chances. He's shown some talent.
Nketiah is a major talent. Same with Smith-Rowe. Big chance for both of them to be major stars, so better to develop them and see if they make it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Just don't play him as a CAM, please.

It's fine against lesser sides, but playing two DMs and a CAM won't yield well.

Go 4-3-3. If Ozil plays, play 4-2-1-3.

We've been lacking a quality CM for over a decade (Santi's stint there aside). Now that we have one, let's not waste his abilities playing him as a CAM.

I'm honestly fed up of Arsenal managers' inability to recognize the importance of a CM. First, we had Wenger who for some absurd reason stopped buying quality CMs once Cesc started playing as a CAM. Now, we have Emery, who will forge 8 defensive players every single time. This man would use Xhaka as a CAM if he could get away with it.

It seems we're destined to be stuck with tactically inept/past-his-prime managers.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football